Sign in to follow this  
Millacol88

WIP: Fantasy-Era Church

The past couple weeks I have been working on a church to fit in with the Castle Fantasy Era. I'm quite happy with the current result. I will be making improvements as Bricklink orders come in and has time permits. I plan to add an interior and some landscaping around it.

Overall:

4431568881_7b9bab1da8_o.jpg

Front:

4431569049_8b1069d2d7_o.jpg

Side:

4431569143_0da1044c25_o.jpg

The Bell:

4431569213_85f28c3418_o.jpg

The Cross:

4431569273_45cb2ac1ed_o.jpg

Hope you like it. C&C welcome. :classic:

Millacol, this church is looking great. I do like the rooftop and bell design. Does it come with an interior? Or are you working on it? You could touch up on its surroundings like adding more trees by the side, and perhaps more minifigs to make it lively. Do you have a Bishop minifig ready to take charge of this church?

Great job, never knew you are interested in Castle. :tongue:

:oh: Quick reply Whitefang.

Currently there is no interior but I'm working on a pew and altar design.I agree about adding some foliage outside, I'll need to buy some trees/flowers. And yes, Castle is one of my favourite themes. :classic:

Very nice, I really like the bell tower and steeple. I agree with WhiteFang that you need to add some foliage, but other than that I like it. It's a cute little church. :classic:

:oh: Quick reply Whitefang.

:wink:

Currently there is no interior but I'm working on a pew and altar design.I agree about adding some foliage outside, I'll need to buy some trees/flowers. And yes, Castle is one of my favourite themes. :classic:

Ah, I really enjoy this piece of work. It's simple and neat, maybe some other builders will recommend you to use some form of different grey bricks to do create some sort of variations between, to break the grey tone. Looking forward to see the updated design.

Nice use of the Appletree House roof (or at least the same color). Nice clean design that looks very pleasing to the eye. I like how the front and back are set in front of the roof. Your crosses look very good as well. I'm a fan of these little churches, and this looks great! Oh, and great job on the bell! :thumbup:

One recommendation: place a few 1x2 dark grey tiles in the arched side windows to smooth them out. The contrast would look good as well, blending in with the corner bricks.

Nice use of the Appletree House roof (or at least the same color)

Yes, getting all those roof slopes was quite expensive as they're only available in the one, relatively new, set. I just had to have a dark blue roof though. :hmpf:

One recommendation: place a few 1x2 dark grey tiles in the arched side windows to smooth them out. The contrast would look good as well, blending in with the corner bricks.

I debated doing that, but I wanted to have a balance of studded and tiled surfaces. I'll try it out and see how it looks.

Simple, but fitting in Fantasy Era. You could try to figure out how to make the bell golden, but it may not be possible.

Nice church 'Millacol88' very nice ! :sweet:

I agree with "The Brickster' on the arch windows, but the rest is FANTASTIC ! :grin:

The roof is beautiful and the cross, oh yeah the bell too - so NICE ! :thumbup:

Great design and build 'Millacol88' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Simple, but fitting in Fantasy Era. You could try to figure out how to make the bell golden, but it may not be possible.

Nope, its not: the dome isn't available in gold. :sad:

Some landscaping would help a lot. I'd put some windows in the window holes. I also think the bellfry should be at one end or the other, not in the middle.

Maybe toss in a few dark grey bricks in the large light grey walls. To break it up a bit. Maybe some tree parts as ivy would help too?

And, rather than using the slope bricks, I'd made them steps and then put dark bley cheese slopes on the steps.

Something about it was really bothering me and, at first, I couldn't figure out what it was. Now I know: the roof should overlap the walls, rather than being flush with them.

Steve

I actually thought it was a digital MOC from LDD when I saw it first. :wacko::blush: It looks so clean and the photo is great!

It sure could use some landscaping and small touches but I really like it now too. It fits very well in with the Fantasy-era (if the crownies are Christians that is :tongue: ).

I don't agree with Athos about the roof, I think it looks very good even without any overhang. I've seen a lot of churches where the roof have ended just by, or just slightly after the wall, and if you don't want to use a half-stud offset (which would complicate the whole building) I think this is a good solution. :thumbup:

Edited by Etzel

In regards to the 1x2 dark grey corner tiles, I would use 1x1 on the short walls and 1x2 on the long. Also scatter some light grey tiles on the walls to break it up a little.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Very nice simple design; but tell me how did you make the cross on the bell tower?

Thanks.