Chris Phipson

MOC: Waterlogged

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first fully operational Lego Log Flume ride! I put it in the town theme thread because this would look AWESOME in a full minifig scale theme park. This was my entry for the 2010 MocAthalon going on over on MOCpages. The category was "Will it Float." Our job was to make a Lego creation that floats. But let's get to the MOC shall we?

Ladies and gentlemen of EuroBricks, may I present, Waterlogged!

1266703018m_SPLASH.jpg

Before we get to the fun stuff, just a pic showing that the log part of the ride actually floats!

12667014347_SPLASH.jpg

This thing is fully hydro powered! Just pour in the water and...

12667014378_SPLASH.jpg

ZOOM!

12667015491_SPLASH.jpg

SPLASH!!!

12667015502_SPLASH.jpg

And she's safe at the bottom!

12667015513_SPLASH.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. If anyone has seen another fully operational log flume ride, I'd love to see it!

Till next time true believers!

~Chris.

Edited by Chris Phipson

:oh: Build a LEGO theme park! Please do!!! Or at least a full log flume ride, with curves and all... I'm a real pain in the neck, I know :devil:

This is a great MOC, Chris, thanks for sharing it! I love to see innovative creations and that is precisely what this one is.

Ha ha, that is so cool! I love the staircase for the figs to climb up :cry_happy: You must have found a way to make it really sturdy too, have you used hinges to connect the slide part to the tower and the pool at the bottom? If so, you've managed to make it disguise them really well, it's not at all bulky or blocky :thumbup:

So cool ! :grin:

Being a few of these for real in my life - they are awesome ! :grin:

Your MOC is very well designed, just like a real log ride at a theme park - so go for it ! :wink:

Just don't get to wet ! :laugh:

Great work 'Chris Phipson' and I'm a conformist! !! :sweet:

Nice wet and wild MOC. Every time I get on one of them I wish the ride would last longer. :classic:

Amazing work! You creation is deatiled, accurate, sturdy, and best of all, functional. The stairs underneath are really cool too! My only complaint is that the second slanted arch looks a little odd. Otherwise, you've created a nice MOC.

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

(Minifig Theme Park...? :oh: )

Fantastic!

You know that occassionally when you see a MOC, it´s like 'seeing the light' (not like when you die, but like when you get an idea :tongue: )? This just happened to me. :cry_happy: I´ve got an idea literally buzzing in my head as I´m writing this, an idea which, as MetroiD said, involves a complete theme park, including a big 'flume ride' with curves and everything. I will of course give credit (don´t you dare bring it up again*) for this idea. I hope that´s OK?

*If you didn´t get this, that means that you should just ignore it. It´s embarassing enough as it is... :blush:

Very nice work. It's always good to see someone thinking outside the brick (in this case, water-related). Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Chris: I find this a very unique and interesting creation. In fact, I've always wanted to build a log ride myself. To see the infusion of water into LEGO is very clever, but challenging as we all know that LEGO is not water-proof. I'm curious, did you seal the bricks in any way, or does the basin and slide leak as the water is poured in? I've pictured using clear plastic to make the LEGO airtight when thinking about this in the past.

Neat creation! I really like it. :thumbup:

Chris: I find this a very unique and interesting creation. In fact, I've always wanted to build a log ride myself. To see the infusion of water into LEGO is very clever, but challenging as we all know that LEGO is not water-proof. I'm curious, did you seal the bricks in any way, or does the basin and slide leak as the water is poured in? I've pictured using clear plastic to make the LEGO airtight when thinking about this in the past.

Neat creation! I really like it. :thumbup:

They aren't sealed and do leak a bit... but not nearly as much as you'd think. I'm planning on redoing this on a slightly larger scale and bringing it to brickworld (along with one of those long, shallow tupperwear bins so the water doesn't go everywhere). For the update, I'll try to take the "leak factor" of this from a 6 down to a 2 (on a scale of 10, which tells you how water tight it is now).

Thanks for all the comments everyone! I'm fairly new to this site and everyone is so cool! Keep it blocky!

~Chris.

Wow, it really works too.

I love it, too bad it wasn't bigger but thet fact that it works is great. Reminds me of Valley Fair.