EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

The Revenant. Wasn't really a fan. It was a good movie & all, but far too long & far too slow. They could've cut half an hour or so of him wandering & still told the story just fine. That whole scene with the bear was crazy. His survival was also a bit much for me to take, given the time period & lack of care.

The Salvation. Alright, nothing too out there for a western. Decent acting, especially from the Danes. But the obvious CGI took away from the movie. I wished they filmed it in the actual southwest.

The Revenant. It had been a long while since I'd seen a good survival/wilderness movie. Makes me want to go back to the Rockies for a hike.

The Revenant. Wasn't really a fan. It was a good movie & all, but far too long & far too slow. They could've cut half an hour or so of him wandering & still told the story just fine. That whole scene with the bear was crazy. His survival was also a bit much for me to take, given the time period & lack of care.

Supposedly what happened to him is actually fairly accurate to what really happened. The reason he survived the bear wounds initially was because he put maggots in the wounds.

If they shortened it they would lose sort of the theme of the movie. He was far away from civilization in the wilderness trying to make it home on foot while wounded.the point of making it as slow as they did was to show to the audience how long it took tk get places even if its oy a mountain between you and your dedtination. If they took out an hour of the film the scenes where he finally makes it back and theres the hunt wouldnt be as effective imo

Regression. Really great story. Very interesting.

Deadpool, fantastic, of course. Hilarious, great action. It was pretty disturbing seeing teenagers(girls...MAYBE 14 years old...)walk in though...especially while watching the movie. It was behind inappropriate for teenagers.

The Island. Meh. Not terrible, but definitely couldn't hold my attention very well and had some dumb plot situations.

Deadpool. So that's how unicorns make rainbows. :laugh: It definitely has adult contents. If you are an adult who is offended by what is often labeled as adult content, you should probably avoid this movie.

Deadpool, I thought it was pretty good actually, and funny. Would recommend to give it a shot.

Deadpool, I thought it was pretty good actually, and funny. Would recommend to give it a shot.

Recommend staying to watch the credits too. :classic:

Got through a few movies. Here's the list:

Maggie: A zombie film that's actually... good? With Arnold Schwarzenegger in an emotional role that he actually does really well at? Colour me surprised, I really liked this movie. It's not your typical zombie film as it deals with an aspect that's never really explored in a lot of zombie fiction: what actually happens to a bite victim? Arnold plays the father of a young woman who's been bitten during a zombie virus epidemic. The rest of the film is a pretty well executed drama. It's certainly not a fun movie, but it's definitely a good one.

Zoolander: What a ridiculously stupid movie. I loved it. This is the perfect example of a movie that gets dumb comedy. The whole concept of the film is ridiculous and everyone in the cast is hamming it up with a nice cheesy sauce draped over it. The film's a loving riff on the fashion industry, and a riotous comedy at that. I watched it with my mother and she loved it as well. If you haven't seen it yet, give it a watch!

Inside Out: Pete Docter's work with Pixar rarely disappoints, as he also directed my favourite Pixar film, and debatably my favourite movie period, Up. Inside Out was brilliant. It was emotional. It was funny. It was at times profound. That being said, to me this movie was nostalgic, but in a good way. Some films try and play on nostalgia as a means of getting an audience into it's seat, but Inside Out wasn't about that. It's nostalgic for the innocence of childhood and it's simplicities, and it does so very maturely. It never felt cheap with these emotions, something it could've done easily considering the film's premise. I loved it.

Just finished watching Coraline for the fifth or sixth time, although it has been four or five years since i've seen it. Still an amazing movie!

Strange Days. My boyfriend described it as one of the most disturbing movies he has ever seen, and couldn't finish it. There are a couple of very disturbing scenes in it, which I think could have been implied rather than acted out, and the movie would have been better for it. Overall I enjoyed this grungy neo-noir film, but I don't recommend it for the faint at heart, or those who typically enjoy light-hearted happily-ever-after flicks. I probably wouldn't watch it again unless I could find an edited version.

Deadpool. Quite possibly the most meta movie I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a movie about a character riffing his own movie, and Deadpool manages to do it surprisingly well. The supporting cast is for the most part awesome, and the romantic subplot is also really good. It was just all around a well made, ridiculously, crudely hysterical movie that managed to balance it's superhero action, it's off the wall comedy, and it's romantic subplot. I can't say it enough, go see Deadpool if anything I said interested you.

Finally seen Deadpool. You know the movie is crazy good when the opening credits are mocking the movie it self.

Odd/funny thing the theater was empty I was the only one there. I would think some other people would of been there to watch it to, but it looks like this is the last week for the movie to be shown there.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Oh man, this movie was awesome! I can't believe I've never seen it before!

The Martian. Pretty good, although how did they get gale force winds in the thin atmosphere?

The Martian. Pretty good, although how did they get gale force winds in the thin atmosphere?

Spacenado.

*Shhh* You're not suppose to ask those kinds of science questions in Hollywood movies.

Aside from that oversight/ glaring plot-hole opening up the movie, I agree that the Martian was decent movie. San Andreas, however, was a terribly painful movie to watch as someone with a science background. (How do you get a tsunami coming towards you, following a transverse fault earthquake?! :pir_mad: )

The last book I read was "The Martian" which was the source of the movie. The gale force winds never bothered me in the movie; the jumping out of a spaceship pretending to be Iron Man bothered me BIG TIME. The book has a more logical scenario for that climax scene; that in my opinion is equally dramatic.

The book also explains the science %100 better than the film; and the film still did a good job for a movie.

Edited by xboxtravis7992