EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

A Christmas Story, (again) hilarious. "You used up all the glue on purpose!"

Then, Tangled 3 times in a row for my niece on Christmas Day...

I saw The Desolation of Smaug. It was marvellous. I am anticipating the third and final instalment.

I also saw Ender's Game. It was alright but there was so much CGI, they would have been better off animating the whole thing.

Edited by Wall E2624

Saw the lone ranger on bluray again. I still don't understand why it's "bad". I enjoyed it a lot and would welcome a sequel...

The only things that bothered me were the old tonto story arc & the aquafresh teeth and gums from the lone ranger. Too white for a cowboy movie :p

Edited by Cammo

Saw the lone ranger on bluray again. I still don't understand why it's "bad". I enjoyed it a lot and woukd welcome a sequel...

The only thinfs that bothered me were the old tonto story arc & the aquafresh teeth and gums from the lone ranger. Too white for a cowboy movie :p

I agree, apart from the teeth, which I didn't notice.

Ooh yes I almost forgot to mention I watched anchorman 2, it was hilarious and well worth the watch. Ive also watched many other films recently, most notably being the internship, this was a feel good film which made me smile almost all of the way through, great comedy. :classic:

I saw The Desolation of Smaug. It was marvellous. I am anticipating the third and final instalment.

Ditto.

Saw American Hustle today; a little bit confusing towards the end, but another great film by David O'Russell who's like my new favourite director now. This guy makes amazing movies.

Saw American Hustle today; a little bit confusing towards the end, but another great film by David O'Russell who's like my new favourite director now. This guy makes amazing movies.

Saw that last night. Thought it was a lot of fun the acting and direction was fantastic, but the characters were a little flat didn't know who I was supposed to be rooting for. Overall great movie, soundtrack was incredible

Saw that last night. Thought it was a lot of fun the acting and direction was fantastic, but the characters were a little flat didn't know who I was supposed to be rooting for. Overall great movie, soundtrack was incredible

Yeah, if I had to rank his movies (which are all great, don't get me wrong), it'd go:

1. Silver Linings Playbook

2. The Fighter

3. American Hustle

I guess the flatness you're referring to could be the difference in genre compared to O'Russell's last 2 movies, where the main characters faced personal demons and adversity while in American Hustle

it was more of a thriller

Just came from seeing Saving Mr. Banks, a really well done film. Tom Hanks was tremindeous!

I finally got around to seeing Catching Fire, and it's definitely better than the first! I didn't feel like I had to puke from the camera work this time. A :sweet::tongue:

I just watched Real Steel...what a ridiculous movie

Really? Quite frankly, It's one of my most favorite movies, but I get that it's far from everyone's tastes...

Really? Quite frankly, It's one of my most favorite movies, but I get that it's far from everyone's tastes...

I don't mean ridiculous bad just crazy. I did like it a fair amount though.

I watched Last Vegas today, it was a hilarious comedy with a great cast (Kevin Kline, Morgan Freeman, Robert De Niro, Michael Douglas & a quick appearance of 50 Cent), I certainly recommend the watch if you like to have a good laugh, I rate it 8/10 :classic:

I finally saw The Desolation of Smaug the other day, and I thought it was great! Maybe better than the first one! 9.5/10 :classic::thumbup:

I don't mean ridiculous bad just crazy. I did like it a fair amount though.

I thought the movie was definitely a little cheesy and bad in some aspects, but in my opinion it's Hugh Jackman's best film.

I thought the movie was definitely a little cheesy and bad in some aspects, but in my opinion it's Hugh Jackman's best film.

Really?! Over les mis? The prestige?

Saw this about a week ago and forgot to post it: Saving Mr. Banks. The trailers made it seem like it was about Disney trying to have fun in his life. But the movie was about P.L Travers, I loved it so much. Blame me for not knowing Mary Poppins was once a book series? I'm also usually not slow in movies at all, but it took me a while to understand that

the little Australian girl in the film was P.L Travers, took me 2 hours after watching the movie while brushing my teeth to find that out. The whole time I was like "what's their point in the story"? The movie premiere with Walter sort of gave it away though.

Also, loved the way Disney was portrayed. It's not a sick horror movie, a repetitive action movie, or a fun family comedy, really, almost everyone in that movie theater was over 80. That's not a bad thing though, it was one of those rare movies with a meaning that shows you the life of someone you would usually judge at first sight. And I love that movie for it. I could stay writing all day about how much I loved Saving Mr. Banks, and Marry Poppins, but I would never get the point across. Such a great movie 10 out of 10!

Also, the funniest part (which wasn't supposed to be funny, I almost got in trouble for laughing for the whole movie because of this) "SHE'S LAYING AN EGG"!