EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I saw The Croods today, and it was WAY better than I expected! I'd give it an 8/10.

I saw The Croods today, and it was WAY better than I expected! I'd give it an 8/10.

I don't know, I thought the story was a bit lacking and cheesy, and the pacing was all over the place. It kinda reminded me of the Ice Age movies in that it was mostly about the characters trying to escape natural disasters while bonding as a family. It was still fun, though, and the animation was beautiful as always.

I also saw Olympus Has Fallen... Not as bad as the critics say. It certainly has its silly moments, but it's suspenseful and action-packed all the way through, so if you're looking for some mindless fun a'la Die Hard, you'll definitely enjoy this movie. In fact, I think this was more enjoyable than the last two Die Hard movies. Sorry, Bruce, but I think you're getting too old for this.

I too saw Olympus. It definitely was action from beginning to end. I enjoyed it, all the shoot outs we cool. Crazy concept/plot though.

I saw Jack the Giant Slayer.

Woooo, that was exciting, epic in scale, well paced, entertainingly plotted and full of chuckle worthy jokes. Go watch it!

Finally got around to watching The Hunger Games after reading the trilogy last March.

Books are definitely but the movie was great for an adaptation; looking forward to Catching Fire.

EDIT: Not sure I liked Liam Hemsworth as Gale; I know he didn't have a major role but he made the character seem really bland.

Edited by Leo Crimson

Not a movie persay, but it kinda counts...

Am currently re-watching GoT's season 2 before the new season beings tomorrow night!

Because as you might have heard at some point and time... Winter is Coming.

Battle: Los Angeles. Typical 'sci-fi-military' movie, but with great acting from Two-Face Aaron Eckhart.

Battle: Los Angeles. Typical 'sci-fi-military' movie, but with great acting from Two-Face Aaron Eckhart.

An epic movie!

I find I enjoyed much more than the likes of ID4 simply because there was little to no "USA saves teh WORLD!!!" raw-raw non-sense to it. Rather it was more or less focused simply on the marines themselves trying to survive in a nightmare'ish urban warzone.

As a wierd fact; the movie is based off of an actual historical event - the great Los Angelos air raid by the Japanese during WWII. (the raid of course ended up hitting Peral Harbour instead of LA)

That and it's pretty much a "Imperial Guard vs Tau" movie which the Warhammer nerd in me finds most satisfying!

I just now saw the 2009 Star Trek movie, I've never seen Star Trek in any form but I loved this movie. This is what the Star Wars prequels should have been like. I can't wait to see Into Darkness and especially can't wait to see what J.J. Abrams does with Episode 7.

I finally got around to seeing Django Unchained. I wish I had caught this one in the theater sooner.

All of Battlestar Galactica (1978), which was superb. I guess the last time is saw this was 1978. I can see why some people like this more than the reboot series, because of the family orientation. I wish this had not been cancelled after 1 season, and that the writing was more coherent.

The Hobbit - pretty dull I thought. Very similar to LoTR, nice scenery and dwarves fighting orcs with axes and swords, ho-hum. I think I prefer the Rankin Bass version.

The new Les Miserables I liked a lot. I don't know enough to tell if the story has been edited much, but the chapter transitions were clumsier than I remembered - why is there any revolution? Great cast, directing and staging though, Hugh Jackman was stand-out.

:classic:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I was suffering from Tolkein withdrawel symptoms, and I knew something had to be done. Six months of not having seen this film was unhealthy for me and my family. Despite having seen it before, I kept getting goosebumps over how unbelieveably awesome this movie was. :wub:

The Dark Knight Rises. Even better on second viewing, I managed to properly appreciate some brilliant acting from Tom Hardy on this run.

For the first time, The Breakfast Club.

It was amazing.

What!?!?!?!?!?! Did you just crawled out of a cave? :tongue: Such a great movie, everyone needs to see it.

What!?!?!?!?!?! Did you just crawled out of a cave? :tongue: Such a great movie, everyone needs to see it.

To be honest I never even knew what it was till it was mentioned in Pitch Perfect.

Yeah I feel kinda embarrassed.

Oblivion, not really as bad as the critics are saying but it does suffer from the usual Tom Cruise clichè. It really had me thinking a bit, but the visuals are stunning. Another saving point was Morgan Freeman who plays quite a good rebel leader.

Deja Vu starring Denzel Washington, Val Kilmer, and Paula Patton. Good movie overall, although:

I wish they could've made the ending so that it was a complete loop, instead of Denzel actually changing what happened at the very end.