EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Yea, the fourth film is phenomenal. Definitely one of my favorite action flicks.

Just managed to borrow the 4th one from the library last night, the whole changing-the-infrastructure thing still throws me off a little.

Watched "The Departed" with Leo Di Caprion and Jack Nickolson. I thinl that's sixth or fifth time I watch it, but I like it so much!

I saw the Hobbit yesterday. I got to take my girl to!

I liked it, but was a little disappointed by how many

battles there where. Thankfully Peter Jackson remained

faithful to the book, more so then I expected!

Forgot to mention, but I saw Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony last week, and I have to say, it was pretty good. It had some flaws, but I'd give it a 7/10 if I had to rate it.

For the first time, X-Men: First Class. Wolverine's cameo line was the best.

I recently watched that too and I enjoyed it, can't wait for the next one!

Yea that was funny! :laugh:

Just watched The Incredibles for the first time in several years. I had forgotten how good it actually is!

*EDIT* Since yesterday I have also watched Oliver And Company for the first time in many years. It still remains as one of my favourite Disney films to this day.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

The Haunting in Connecticut for the 2nd time; this time I found it a little more disturbing than scary.

I watched The Graduate last night. It was the first time I've ever seen it. It was pretty funny overall, but I don't know if it was supposed to be a comedy. Times were different in 1967, that's for sure.

I like how the end was lifted and placed into Wayne's World 2. I thought it looked familiar, but it was confirmed last night watching it. I'm going to watch Wayne's World 2 tonight because of it.

I watched 'The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec'. I've been so keen to watch this that I recently bought it on blu-ray only for it to be shown on TV at the weekend :sceptic: . I quite enjoyed it but hoped for more - I'll most likely watch it again at some point and wouldn't mind seeing a sequel produced.

Just finished watching The Truman Show. Really awesome movie. :thumbup:

Dr. Strangelove: Or how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Bomb.

Sheer greatness is all I can say; the only problem is that I waited so long to actually see this glorious movie.

Dr. Strangelove: Or how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Bomb.

Sheer greatness is all I can say; the only problem is that I waited so long to actually see this glorious movie.

Yep, Stanley Kubrick made some fantastic movies, which leads me on to the fact that I watched The Shining on TV last night. I often forget how brilliant that film is - it drags you in whether you want to watch or not *oh2* .

Yep, Stanley Kubrick made some fantastic movies, which leads me on to the fact that I watched The Shining on TV last night. I often forget how brilliant that film is - it drags you in whether you want to watch or not *oh2* .

That's for sure, some director's just have that ability.

Apologies for double posting

I went to see Wreck-it Ralph at the cinema with the GF today, and I have to say that it is easily one of the best Disney films yet, easily up there with the likes of Toy Story and Up. I would gladly see it several times more, and it's not very often that I say that about a film.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

Last movie I went to see in theaters was The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

I loved it! It was also great to see the appendicies with the Dol Guldur ark added in since it's so vital to the overall story itself. It's simply too bad PJ made the unforgivable mistake of leaving out two of the most important characters.

Last movie I watched on dvd was the regular release of Final Fantasy IIV Advent Children.

Now I can hopefully pick-out all the extended/re-done scenes in the blue-ray Complete Edition! :grin:

^ Which two characters are you referring to?

There's no Glorfindel Lord of the West sadly.

And worst of all, no Khamul the Easterling who was the Nazgul lieutenent of Dol Guldur, since the Witch King himself is currently still imprisoned in his magical tome up in Angmar.

PJ gives 0 respect to the Easterlings.

Not movie-ruining obviously, but those two are a pair of my long time favourite LotR characters, so it's more of a huge pet peeve that only a portion of other book readers know just how epic these characters really are.

Bilbo and Thorin are the most important......... not Easterlings. And who knows, they might be in the next film!

I doubt Khamul will be brought in since they've already shifted the Witch King into his spot, and considering Glorfindel was left out of the LotR trilogy, I have a sinking feeling we won't be seeing the Lord of the West either.

I've always loved the Easterlings due to;

a) Their association with being the 'dragon armies'.

b) They are the only loyal & fully willing servents to Sauron and actively worship Morgoth instead of the Valar.

And it could be argued that Gandalf is the most important character, since he orcistrates Thorin's entire quest to begin with in order to prevent Sauron & Smaug from becoming BFF's. :wink:

(and because Erebor would become a vital lynchpin in the Free People's defense once Sauron launches his War of the Ring)