EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

The first Taken, which was far superior to the 2nd one in terms of plot and the movie in general.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Absolutely brilliant, the best film I've seen for a good five years. It was just so well done, and any changes to the story done with the utmost skill. All the dwarves were hilarious and awesome, and I'm so glad that Radagast made an appearance, being my favourite of the most minor characters. I also had to restrain myself from cheering everytime the main theme played and the Company arrived to generally be awesome.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Brilliant. Perfect. Fantastic.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) - One of the best Disney films, in my opinion.

Jack Reacher- good murder mystery, action packed, a few funny moments, great cars.

Awaiting 24 hour marathon of 'A Christmas Story' :grin:

Finished Clash of the Titans yesterday and The Hobbit in afternoon. Relatively pleased with both, but there were definitely spaces for improvement in both; least of all running time in The Hobbit.

Life of Pi: really great film, in a makes-you-think sort of way. The imagery was just brilliant, it was the best use of 3D I've ever seen.

The full Lotr trilogy. Syfy had a marathon and it was a rainy day, so I thought: why not? :laugh: Well, we all know they are great movies, lol.

The Hobbit - An outstanding film and what I hope to be the beginning to a great trilogy.

Jack Reacher - A fun and funny movie.

Tower Heist - Sort of a just for fun movie; but Eddie Murphy really makes it something special with his unique humour.

Queen: Hungarian Rhapsody. Sort of a film, but mostly a concert; either way it was bloody awesome.

Life of Pi: Found it incredible and can't wait to see it again in 3D.

Sorry, but if we had a thread for every movie anyone had watched this forum would be unmanageable.

Merged into 'What was the last movie you watched?'

Edited by Rufus

Just came back from Les Miserables, brilliant film. :sweet:

I thoroughly enjoyed it, though my friends found the pace of the start a bit slow..

I only wished they had more of Marius' back story.

I watched a lot of movies due to being on a plane for so long.

Pitch Perfect- I loved this one. I thought it would turn out like another High School Musical but I guess uni makes it all better. The singing and dancing was done well and the humor was great.

Speed Racer- Cheesiest movie I have ever seen. But it is my favorite. Honestly, I've seen this thing 7 times at least and the races are so awesome and jam-packed.

Wu Dang- Chinese martial arts movie, it was great until the random ending which ruined everything.

The Hobbit- Awesomeness. The landscape is so beautiful and having some of the old actors reprise their roles was amazing.

Watched "The Hobbit-An Unexpected Journey" and it really was brilliant, fantastic...but I really don't want to pull out my thesaurus and start adding adjectives. :grin:

Best movie since "Lord of the Rings," and I will have to have a marathon of those soon in order to check whether those even meet up. :sweet:

Les Miserables :sweet: . Bloody brilliant film. I loved Anne Hathaway as Fantine; I have a feeling there's an Oscar with her name on it.

Saw Les Mis. Amazing film. The performances were outstanding, and the fact that the singing was live on set rather than pre-recorded made the whole thing feel more like a live show. If only it had been filmed at a higher frame rate same as The Hobbit, it would have been a lot better. I sense it will triumph at the Oscars.

Tower Heist - Sort of a just for fun movie; but Eddie Murphy really makes it something special with his unique humour.

I watched Tower Heist recently too, maybe even that same day. I enjoyed it, there was definitely a lot of humor and comedy in it.

Saw This is 40. Hilarious, but dirty. Language was pretty bad, some precarious situations. There's a part with Melissa McCarthy, the highlight of this movie! If you see this, don't leave right away when it's over, there's a fantastic blooper during the credits.