Sign in to follow this  
The Who

New minifig - White Mandalorian

Man $600 is a bit steep but I reckon around $200 is a pretty good price for him

I think the prices will settle down after the first couple sell.

Not a chance. Once some start selling, the prices will just fly away.

sick, this is sick. a fine gift from lego - and meant as a gift and not a "ebay-highflyer-resell-opportunity"...

Edited by fenris

sick, this is sick. a fine gift from lego - and meant as a gift and not a "ebay-highflyer-resell-opportunity"...

But with only 150 of them you could see this comming from a mile away. If i could get that mush money for it, I would probably sell it myself, even if I like the figure that mush and am a Star Wars Lego collector myself.

That´s right I sold one Toy: Lego Toy Fair 2005 Star Wars V.I.P. Gala Set for 1200 USD.

But there was less than 55 of this sweet item lol.

The Toy Fair V.I.P has always expensive amounts :tongue:

Interesting comments Andy, could you expand on what the other VIP figs/sets were and maybe pics anyone? The only VIP sets I have seen before were regular figures in nice little scene stands/boxes wereas the white Boba is a propper unique figure so would of thought this was extra special. I had previously thought that the exclusives released so far were the chrome C3 P0, the chrome Vader, the Stormtrooper magnet and the Luke in ceremonial gear from the book and I was quite chuffed that I owned all four! However I doubt I will ever get my mitts on any of these VIP items or the legendary 501st trooper. :cry_sad:

Interesting comments Andy, could you expand on what the other VIP figs/sets were and maybe pics anyone? The only VIP sets I have seen before were regular figures in nice little scene stands/boxes wereas the white Boba is a propper unique figure so would of thought this was extra special. I had previously thought that the exclusives released so far were the chrome C3 P0, the chrome Vader, the Stormtrooper magnet and the Luke in ceremonial gear from the book and I was quite chuffed that I owned all four! However I doubt I will ever get my mitts on any of these VIP items or the legendary 501st trooper. :cry_sad:

Yes there was several dioramas. I have sold all of mine hehehehehe but I have some pictures here, but the are in packing base lol.

The legendary 501 st trooper is the hardest item U can have hahhahha.

I have seen on on e-bay several years ago, and yes it was too pricey :)

Note: one of this toys is from comic con a diorama with Darth Vader :) one of my favorite btw.

First off, this is the Boba Fett I'm talking about here.

white_boba_fett.jpg

There are two things I want to know about this minifigure:

1--What is it worth? I don't see an entry for it on Bricklink yet and no sign of them on eBay.

2--Does anybody have one they would sell or (preferably) trade in the United States?

There´s a keychain with the white Boba fett as well, it was a limited to 100 and was given away for lego staff.

Edited by andy742000

More on eBay - The most expensive being $610!!

Clicky.

I am going to laugh my @$$ off when they release a white Boba Fett magnet in a few months for $10 to commemorate the anniversary of ESB :laugh:

I am going to laugh my @$$ off when they release a white Boba Fett magnet in a few months for $10 to commemorate the anniversary of ESB :laugh:

Wot???

They never release something from the V.I.P section :sing:

Those products is for press/media and collectors only.

So if U have right the V.I.P section on toy fair is a totally rip off lol :tongue:

Edited by andy742000

Wot???

They never release something from the V.I.P section :sing:

Those products is for press/media and collectors only.

So if U have right the V.I.P section on toy fair is a totally rip off lol :tongue:

I have 2 manager friends that work as store managers for lego usa

they are in conneticut this week or next for there annual meetings

last year they were both givin the vader chrome in the cube

I will try and get the figure info from them next week

also WHO FROM LEGO SAID THIS FIGURE WAS LIMITED TO 150

I have the figure and book and they are not marked 1-150 only the cube dude buzz lightyear was

also the people I talked to at ny toyfair seemed to think this will probably be the annaversry hunt figure this year starting in the summer sets

just like the vader was

Edited by pugsx3

I have 2 manager friends that work as store managers for lego usa

they are in conneticut this week or next for there annual meetings

last year they were both givin the vader chrome in the cube

I will try and get the figure info from them next week

also WHO FROM LEGO SAID THIS FIGURE WAS LIMITED TO 150

I have the figure and book and they are not marked 1-150 only the cube dude buzz lightyear was

also the people I talked to at ny toyfair seemed to think this will probably be the annivery hunt figure this year starting in the summer sets

just like the vader was

Hm that´s right there are more than 150 on V.I.P (they have increase from 50 to 150 members now yeah) but they are never so valuable like the rest.

Some have snatch them before the V.I.P and after but still they are nothing like the dioramas and etc.

Still this toy fair 2010 was the worst a white ugly Boba Fett lol.

About your friends did they got the Darth Vader with V.I.P number pass?

Some of the members can´t come or so, so maybe the give it to others, the best was when they gave out Darth Vader diorama on ComicCon several was broken when they send them lol.

Btw the magnet are not like the original the collectors dissed them anyway lol, if there is a white boba fett magnet.

About the Buzz 150 # so are there more some are given away to employees etc. still I saw one on a market a promo with a diorama without number, they are useless, they are not so expensive.

Edited by andy742000

the people I talked to at ny toyfair seemed to think this will probably be the annaversry hunt figure this year starting in the summer sets

just like the vader was

Read what I said:
One thing I'd also like to point out is that this will not be the next chrome minifig because this was not packaged in any special box of the sort, just a polybag. Remember last year's special chrome Vader box with all his quotes?

If it was going to be also randomly placed in sets, then the Toy Fair VIPs would've gotten a special case to hold the Boba Fett.

Hopefully it won't be the next chrome Vader. I hated thinking that I had no chance of ever getting a chrome Vader in my life (I have one now, but that was from correctly answering a question at the LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary event). :sceptic:

Edited by ILikePi

Looks like the bar has been set at $550.00 on Ebay. Two sold back to back for about the same price.

I found an interesting quote over at FBTB by Ace:

"just to throw in some more information about the rarity. even though only 100 or 150 of a toy fair premium are made, not all of them are out in the wild since attendance to the event is far less than the number of editions. i didn't exactly count the number of attendees but i would guess there was only about 25-30 people there. the rest are held onto lego for god knows what."

http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3433

There's now one on bricklink. The seller is asking for $799. That price is insane. Well at the moment anyway Im guessing it will be worth that in a few years though which is a real shame

There are 100 items in the keychain version :tongue:

So there are 100 keychains and 100-150 regular figs?

post-4133-1267273722.jpg

I Live in pennsylvania about 80 miles from new york

and I did attend the toy fair

it was day 2 when I was there so all I was able to get was a mini fig flash light

I sell starwars mini figs on ebay under vader22135

I won both thru auctions the first one was $556 and the 2nd I won today for $550

I recieved a e-mail from my friends at corperate lego in conneticut confirming that these are the only 150 ever to be made

so I wanted to win at least 1 but I bid high on the 2nd one over the last weekend and

I was still the highest bidder when it ended today I was surprised and now broke LOL

please check out my store ,,Tony

Well, kudo's to anyone who wants to spend that much for a minifig. I just hope they aren't upset when LEGO releases Mandalorian Figs in the Clone War Sets. White, Blue or whatever other color that may come up. I have a feeling they will follow the path of the Cartoon. We have seen past characters of the show released.

Vader, at one time, was a rare fig. Now you can get him easily.

Well, kudo's to anyone who wants to spend that much for a minifig. I just hope they aren't upset when LEGO releases Mandalorian Figs in the Clone War Sets. White, Blue or whatever other color that may come up. I have a feeling they will follow the path of the Cartoon. We have seen past characters of the show released.

Vader, at one time, was a rare fig. Now you can get him easily.

I agree that they will do a death watch figure and a regular mando trooper

but they will have the removable helmet and jet packs like the new boba

hopefully a new jango would be great

I agree that they will do a death watch figure and a regular mando trooper

but they will have the removable helmet and jet packs like the new boba

hopefully a new jango would be great

It would make sense wouldn't it? I wonder if this rare white Mandalorian Fig was a experiment by TLG to see if people's passion for such a fig would mean huge sales of sets based off of it. Hear me out.

TLG has this very limited Fig, Star Wars fans go gaga over it and it is discussed in length in the forums. People's interests are peaked and people discuss how cool it looks, things they would prefer it had and other colors or designs. Boba and Jango are already very popular and TLG knows this, which is why we see a new Slave 1 being released this year. TLG listens and reads then releases a set or two and watches sales. Sales skyrocket (heck, I'd buy a few) and then more sets are released. You can look at this White Mandalorian as a teaser or preview and the best is yet to come.

Just a theory....

It would make sense wouldn't it? I wonder if this rare white Mandalorian Fig was a experiment by TLG to see if people's passion for such a fig would mean huge sales of sets based off of it. Hear me out.

TLG has this very limited Fig, Star Wars fans go gaga over it and it is discussed in length in the forums. People's interests are peaked and people discuss how cool it looks, things they would prefer it had and other colors or designs. Boba and Jango are already very popular and TLG knows this, which is why we see a new Slave 1 being released this year. TLG listens and reads then releases a set or two and watches sales. Sales skyrocket (heck, I'd buy a few) and then more sets are released. You can look at this White Mandalorian as a teaser or preview and the best is yet to come.

Just a theory....

I agree 100%

but the really rare figures are the cloud city boba fetts the whole figure line up from that set really

most of the rare figs are really under the radar until the sets are finished their production run

who would have thought watto would be a 50-75 dollar figure back in the day you could get the

cloud city for 44$ on clearence at the lego store

look at the batman sets they diidn't sell at all now the game is out and the demand is crazy

I am not really expecting this figure the white boba fett to really be as limited as they say

I see nothing special about the figure and I believe people will make fakes soon

it is white legs white torso black head and all someone has to do is mold the helmet section in white

if they can make a custom aayla and darth talon someone will make the helmet part

and I would probably want one just to have but I have 2 real ones and who knows maybe more

:classic: