phoinix

Is Green Grocer gone?

i was checking lego shop@home and i cant find the green grocer anywhere!!

is this a mistake of the site or is this set gone for good? :cry_sad:

Indeed, in the Netherlands it's gone as well...

(btw: this should go in Town, not Train Tech)

edit: 'Hard to find' may be indicating inventories are getting low...

Edited by Rick

Green Grocer was there (on CH site) yesterday - and this morning - but I confirm has also disappeared now from the 'Exclusives' page. It is under the 'Hard to Find Items' page. It seems someone is cleaning up the website / db before perhaps releasing more?

In this case; Roses and Hearts for Valentines day (4004 and 852786 )

Edited by roamingstudio

Pulling soon? I hope not. In CH it has always only been listed under 'Exclusives and Hard To Find'...

Is this normal procedure for items which are going to be pulled soon? having just bought other models... pulls hair out in frustraition (wait - the other order could be amended... I hope).

It also appears under 'City' 'Town Essentials' http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=356&d=9 - so perhaps just some tidying. The links work(ed) for most European countries and were always listed as 'Available Now' with 'Hard to Find' logo.

Edited by roamingstudio

Doesn't "Hard to find" on TLG website actually means it's easier to find than "Exclusive"? :tongue:

Exclusive = can only be bought from S@H or Lego brand stores

Hard to Find = as above, plus can be found in special chain shops (e.g. Toys'R'Us)

It's got nothing to do with the amount of copies left. Shortage is reflected in the status "Call to check product availability" and "Sold out", which can be temporary and not necessarily a sign of discontinuation of the set.

Doesn't "Hard to find" on TLG website actually means it's easier to find than "Exclusive"? :tongue:

Exclusive = can only be bought from S@H or Lego brand stores

Hard to Find = as above, plus can be found in special chain shops (e.g. Toys'R'Us)

It's got nothing to do with the amount of copies left. Shortage is reflected in the status "Call to check product availability" and "Sold out", which can be temporary and not necessarily a sign of discontinuation of the set.

Absolutely correct Legoist.

Lucky me I guess, I bought it yesterday from my nearby LEGO store. Buy 'em up before they reach Cafe Corner prices!

S@H for the US no longer has Green Grocer listed under exclusive and hard to find items, but Grand Emporium has been added with a scheduled release date of February 20th.

Lucky me I guess, I bought it yesterday from my nearby LEGO store. Buy 'em up before they reach Cafe Corner prices!

S@H for the US no longer has Green Grocer listed under exclusive and hard to find items, but Grand Emporium has been added with a scheduled release date of February 20th.

Beg to differ, there...

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?...cn=52&d=100

It's there and "Available Now" in US.

Although you are right about the Grand Emporium. Check out those zoomable pics!

-John

I stand corrected. It is indeed under hard to find items (I looked in the exclusives category, where it was before).

I just got into the modular series and cannot believe the secondhand prices ($300+) of Cafe Corner, so I am happy to have purchased Green Grocer given its seemingly near fate. Eager to add the others.

Edited by fyparr

I stand corrected. It is indeed under hard to find items (I looked in the exclusives category, where it was before).

I just got into the modular series and cannot believe the secondhand prices ($300+) of Cafe Corner, so I am happy to have purchased Green Grocer given its seemingly near fate. Eager to add the others.

Frankly, you're better off with Green Grocer. I own CC and it sits in a few pieces in a box gathering dust and being slowly cannibalized for parts. It just is TOO colorful and too hectic. GG has a much more realistic and much better unified color scheme than CC. The chief drawback with Green Grocer, as well as all of the more recent CC-standard buildings are the interiors driving up the price. Interiors aren't really necessary on these models, but I digress.

-John

When I spoke with a nice lady at LS@H today, she said their systems currently list GG as available until the end of 2010. Fire Brigade is listed until the end of 2011. The Imperial Flagship is currently on Backorder, with a large batch due in March; It is scheduled to continue throughout 2010.. although getting scarcer.

Of course this is their systems. If everyone goes out to buy a GG thinking it will end because of new Emporiums, then perhaps it will become self fullfilling. Perhaps not. I suspect that the offline popularity of Market Street and Cafe Corners, especially on places like Ebay and BL where their price doubled because of limited availablity may mean that Lego are more pragmatic about GG. Of course this is pure speculation.

When I spoke with a nice lady at LS@H today, she said their systems currently list GG as available until the end of 2010. Fire Brigade is listed until the end of 2011. The Imperial Flagship is currently on Backorder, with a large batch due in March; It is scheduled to continue throughout 2010.. although getting scarcer.

Of course this is their systems. If everyone goes out to buy a GG thinking it will end because of new Emporiums, then perhaps it will become self fullfilling. Perhaps not. I suspect that the offline popularity of Market Street and Cafe Corners, especially on places like Ebay and BL where their price doubled because of limited availablity may mean that Lego are more pragmatic about GG. Of course this is pure speculation.

Having said that, GG will always be worth AT LEAST the money spent on it - it's a FANTASTIC parts pack. I got mine just before Christmas having missed out on Cafe Corner. I just managed to get a Marker Street.

Yesterday I bought an extra Green Grocer which I intend to use sell at some point in the future to help aquire a Cafe Corner.

I can't see GG being IN PRODUCTION as well as FB and GM - if they could produce and stock 3 modulars simultaneously, I don't think that they would have deleted CC so suddenly.

Having said that, GG will always be worth AT LEAST the money spent on it - it's a FANTASTIC parts pack. I got mine just before Christmas having missed out on Cafe Corner. I just managed to get a Marker Street.

Yesterday I bought an extra Green Grocer which I intend to use sell at some point in the future to help aquire a Cafe Corner.

I can't see GG being IN PRODUCTION as well as FB and GM - if they could produce and stock 3 modulars simultaneously, I don't think that they would have deleted CC so suddenly.

Large sets like Green Grocer sell propoitionally better during the holidays, between October-December.

The key to these sets is to sell them for three holiday selling seasons. That is what was done with Cafe Corner, and that is what will be done with Green Grocer. It still has the rest of 2010 left, but expect it to dissapear right before Christmas.

Even if LEGO has ended production, they likely have significant stock to keep it through the year's end. These sets sell very slowly outside of the holidays.

so sad that the cafe corner's sold out. Anyone out there seen it in the wild? Really wanna get it.

If you're in the US - there are a couple of Lego stores that have them (or had them as of 10 days ago). I think they got a "returned goods" type shipment from the warehouse after Christmas - and I found two sets that way.

Some shops in Singapore still have GG, CC and MS.

my humble word of advice is to get it once you see it. when it's gone, the prices will rocket or worse still, no one is selling it on the secondary market.

You could also buy all the needed bricks from BL and/or PAB. It will be much cheaper.

That's what I'm doing right now with the Market Street, it will cost me around 100 euro's in stead of 180 euro's.

You could also buy all the needed bricks from BL and/or PAB. It will be much cheaper.

That's what I'm doing right now with the Market Street, it will cost me around 100 euro's in stead of 180 euro's.

Market Street uses relatively common pieces (it was based on the then available piece selection, nothing was taken specifically into production for it), so it might not be that expensive. However, I have a feeling things could get much more expensive when you try that with any of the other modular buildings.

so sad that the cafe corner's sold out. Anyone out there seen it in the wild? Really wanna get it.

Yes on BL and Ebay at silly prices. It will soon be (perhaps already is) better to buy items like GE and reuse the bricks and online instructions to to remake Cafe Corners than it will be to buy the originals.

I tried going thru pick a brick on lego website. I was only halfway thru the 1st page with parts and it came up with USD$70, and there was still 2.5 more pages to go thru. Some of the parts are hard to find. Had to go to BL to look for em. What was the thing you mentioned about cafe corner being on the xmas returned list, iluvmyelement? I tried calling a few stores, and they all said sold out >< Would love to know which store u saw the two cafe corners at and whether or not it's still there. streifen, how much do they sell the cafe corner in singapore for?

I tried going thru pick a brick on lego website. I was only halfway thru the 1st page with parts and it came up with USD$70, and there was still 2.5 more pages to go thru. Some of the parts are hard to find. Had to go to BL to look for em. What was the thing you mentioned about cafe corner being on the xmas returned list, iluvmyelement? I tried calling a few stores, and they all said sold out >< Would love to know which store u saw the two cafe corners at and whether or not it's still there. streifen, how much do they sell the cafe corner in singapore for?

I didn't see them in stores.....I just started calling all over the country and talked to managers and begged them that if they ever got any in (or returns) to call me. Most wouldn't take my info. But several did. A week later, the Atlanta store called and said they had two - so I had them shipped to me.

I didn't see them in stores.....I just started calling all over the country and talked to managers and begged them that if they ever got any in (or returns) to call me. Most wouldn't take my info. But several did. A week later, the Atlanta store called and said they had two - so I had them shipped to me.

O wow, u wouldnt happen to be selling one of them would ya?

I went to the LEGO store in Los Angeles yesterday and treated myself to a Green Grocer. Too many threads about it being discontinued! LOL. I still think it will last through the early Christmas season, but I need to make sure I have the complete line of modular buildings, I love them!

Green Grocer is awesome, of course. Looks great next to my Cafe Corner!