Sign in to follow this  
Blackheart Brit

Brickbeard's Revenge- new booms and changes

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=418161

I made the booms like the IF has so they look much cooler now. A few other changes here and there, added another color to ship, raised the prow a touch etc.

Let me know what you think.

Changed the cabin decks to brown and changed around support bricks underneath it.

100_5209.jpg

Also added decks and grates so the Pirates will stop falling to lower decks

100_5214.jpg

post-4650-1264639860.jpg

Edited by Blackheart Brit

That is exactly would should have been done to the BB. :pir-classic: You did a fabulous job and I am really impressed. The only two things that I would change is that I would lower the captains cabin and swap the black and grey plates with brown ones for the floor. Really nice ship and I am very impressed. :pir-sweet:

It looks like a really nice modification but your pics are to big to be deep-linked, is there any chance of you resizing them?

I really like the cabin, its got a nice look to it :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

It looks very nice. Just my opinion is that ship that long is not very "piratish". I prefer smaller size, more dark colors, definitely two masts for my taste. It should reminds of poor pirate's life, dark times, a lot of alcohol:))))))

I like the changes you have made 'Blackheart Brit' !

At least both big ships can match each other in sail power, but what about fire power ?

I'm a conformist! 'Blackheart Brit' ! :pir-classic:

She Looks Great!

I put in a few bricklink orders yesterday to do the almost the same thing. I am go change the mast to the Redish brown like the IFS.

Bengun- yesterday I changed the cabin floor to brown as well as the pieces the cabin sits and it looks much cohesive. I am not sure what you mean by lowering the cabin though.

Ivan- I sort of agree with you that pirate ships should be smaller and faster, in reality they usually were. But I could not pass on making this behemoth.

Bengun- yesterday I changed the cabin floor to brown as well as the pieces the cabin sits and it looks much cohesive. I am not sure what you mean by lowering the cabin though.

Ivan- I sort of agree with you that pirate ships should be smaller and faster, in reality they usually were. But I could not pass on making this behemoth.

I thought that you might want to connect the entire cabin assembly directly to the hull-stern piece instead of raising it up with all of those black pieces underneath the cabin floor. :pir-classic:

Oh, and I totally disagree with Ivan on all pirate ships being small. :pir-sceptic: Blackbeard had a 40 gun frigate and Black Bart also had a 36 gun frigate. Captain Kid had a special war galleon made for him as he started out as a commisioned privateer to hunt pirates and Henry Morgan had a rather large ship as well. And besides, big fancy pirate ships are much more impressive and inspiring than little, small, insignificant pirate ships are. :pir-sweet:

P.S. I hadn't notice the railing that you put on the main deck. That looks awsome and I would really like to see the stern with the new brown plates. :pir-classic:

I thought that you might want to connect the entire cabin assembly directly to the hull-stern piece instead of raising it up with all of those black pieces underneath the cabin floor. :pir-classic:

Oh, and I totally disagree with Ivan on all pirate ships being small. :pir-sceptic: Blackbeard had a 40 gun frigate and Black Bart also had a 36 gun frigate. Captain Kid had a special war galleon made for him as he started out as a commisioned privateer to hunt pirates and Henry Morgan had a rather large ship as well. And besides, big fancy pirate ships are much more impressive and inspiring than little, small, insignificant pirate ships are. :pir-sweet:

P.S. I hadn't notice the railing that you put on the main deck. That looks awsome and I would really like to see the stern with the new brown plates. :pir-classic:

I was speaking about BSB Size..not any smaller. I think 3 middle hull parts are more than enough for pirate ship. 3 masts ship starts to remind me for cargo or imperial war ship. But as I said is just my taste and opinion, I don't force anybody to get agree with me;)

Anyway, we have great mod here!!! Good job!

here is one of my beta stages I made of this ship, the third mast (not real mast) I added because liked SES looking a lot!:

29012010.th.jpg

29012010001.th.jpg

sorry for the crappy taken pictures I made on quick..:(

I love the mods. That's the way it should be done! Every mod had a purpose, and actually improved the overall quality of the ship. Incredible work, it makes it a thousand times better!

BG, those ships were extreme-rare exceptions to the rule. QAR ultimately turned out so big and impractical that Blackbeard abandoned her and most of the crew (including IIRC "Gentleman Pirate" Stede Bonnet) to their fate with the authorities, while he made off with the loot and his MVP's in a much smaller ship.

----------------

Now playing: Basil Poledouris - Nuclear Scam

via FoxyTunes

Edited by Diamondback

BG, those ships were extreme-rare exceptions to the rule. QAR ultimately turned out so big and impractical that Blackbeard abandoned her and most of the crew (including IIRC "Gentleman Pirate" Stede Bonnet) to their fate with the authorities, while he made off with the loot and his MVP's in a much smaller ship.

----------------

Now playing: Basil Poledouris - Nuclear Scam

via FoxyTunes

Yeah, your right but it still has been done. :pir-classic: Queen Anns Revenge though was a slave trader not a frigate so it would have been slow moving and the extra cannons would have made it more so. However, a fully armed frigate would be a pirates dream and I have no doubts that any pirate wouldn't mind getting a hold of one if they had the chance. And besides who wouldn't want to turn a Imperial Flagship or a Frigate into a pirate ship. :pir-sweet: