gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

I have idea's for a second wave.

-The Tent (with the lake?)

Harry, Ron and Hermione (Muggle clothes)

-Malfoy Manor

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Lucius, Narcissa :wub:, Dobby, Bellatrix, Voldemort and Wormtail (maybe Griphook and Ollivander)

-Gringotts

Harry, Ron, Hermione/Bellatrix, Griphook, 2 Goblins (The Dragon maybe?)

-Luna's house

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Xenophilius and 2 Death Eater (and maybe Luna)

-Ministry of Magic

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Umbridge, Rufus Scrimgeour, Percy, Arthur and some random wizards.

-Godric's Hollow

Harry, Hermione, Voldemort, Nagini/The witch

-Shell Cottage

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Fleur, Bill, Ollivander, Griphook and Dobby

-Grimmauld Place 12

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Kreacher, Yaxley and Lupin

I really want Fred en George maybe they can make a Limited Edition set of the Weasley shop.

Edited by It All Ends Here

Harry, Ron and Hermione (Muggel clothes)

-Malfoy Manor

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Lucius, Narcissa :wub:, Dobby, Bellatrix, Voldemort and Wormtail (maybe Griphook and Olivander)

-Gringotts

-Luna's house

-Ministry of Magic

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Umbridge, Rufus Scrimgeour, Percy, Arthur and some random wizards.

-Godric's End

-Shell Cottage

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Fleur, Bill, Olivander, Griphook and Dobby

-Grimmauld Place 12

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Kneatcher, Yaxley and Lupin

I really want Fred en George maybe they can make a Limted Edition set of the Weasley shop.

Hey I don't mean to be a grammar-nazi/book-snob but...

"Godrics Hollow", Muggle, Kreacher, Limited, and Ollivander.

haha sorry I take Harry Potter very seriously. :P

But anyways I think that those are good ideas, though they are unlikely to happen. They're all too big.

~MC

EDIT: Sorry didn't see Svelte's post above.

Edited by MrCustomizer

Harry, Ron and Hermione (Muggel clothes)

-Malfoy Manor

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Lucius, Narcissa :wub:, Dobby, Bellatrix, Voldemort and Wormtail (maybe Griphook and Olivander)

-Gringotts

-Luna's house

-Ministry of Magic

-Godric's End

-Shell Cottage

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Fleur, Bill, Olivander, Griphook and Dobby

-Grimmauld Place 12

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Kneatcher, Yaxley and Lupin

I really want Fred en George maybe they can make a Limted Edition set of the Weasley shop.

OMG!! Shell Cottage would be lovely

Don't you people read? default_angry.gif

I just said at the top of the page to discuss wishlists in the other thread!

*grrrr*

Don't you people read? default_angry.gif

I just said at the top of the page to discuss wishlists in the other thread!

*grrrr*

Sorry didn't see that.

@ MrCustomizer sorry I'm a big Harry Potter fan to but I don't know all the names is English..

Does anyone know the UK prices for these sets? I've seen them on Toys n Bricks and they are as follows:

Freeing Dobby: £10

Quidditch: £20

Hagrids Hut: £40

Burrow: £60

The train: £80

Hogwarts: £100

Pretty fair, if you ask me, apart from the Hogwarts Express, which is far too overpriced, if you ask me.

I was surprised to find the LEGO Harry Potter sets already on Collishop.be (a webshop of a big supermarket chain in Belgium, but with very good prices for LEGO).

4736: 12,99 EUR

4737: 24,95 EUR

4738: 49,95 EUR

4840: 69,95 EUR

4841: 79,95 EUR

4842: 129,95 EUR

These prices are ridiculous in comparison with the US prices. I hope they're not confirmed but I'm afraid they are. I stopped buying LEGO Star Wars sets because of the insane price (especially when you compare them with US). I told myself to stop comparing them with other countries, but in this case I just had do to it:

----- how much we pay --- how much we should pay

4736: 12,99 EUR ~ $17 = $10,99 ~ 9 EUR

4737: 24,95 EUR ~ $32 = $19,99 ~ 16 EUR

4738: 49,95 EUR ~ $64 = $39,99 ~ 31 EUR

4840: 69,95 EUR ~ $90 = $59,99 ~ 47 EUR

4841: 79,95 EUR ~ $103 = $79,99 ~ 62 EUR

4842: 129,95 EUR ~ $167 = $ 129,95 ~ 101 EUR

Look, I love Harry Potter and all and I'm probably going to buy all the sets, but this just isn't right. I would be okay with it if they just change the dollar sign into the euro sign, like they almost always do (here only with the two biggest sets). I'm not sure how I'll feel buying them with the though they added 3-20 euro/5-30 dollar to a set to sell it here.

I shouldn't be complaining so hard and be happy with the sets, sorry. Let's hope the numbers are wrong. :sadnew:

I was surprised to find the LEGO Harry Potter sets already on Collishop.be (a webshop of a big supermarket chain in Belgium, but with very good prices for LEGO).

These prices are ridiculous in comparison with the US prices. I hope they're not confirmed but I'm afraid they are. I stopped buying LEGO Star Wars sets because of the insane price (especially when you compare them with US). I told myself to stop comparing them with other countries, but in this case I just had do to it:

----- how much we pay --- how much we should pay

4736: 12,99 EUR ~ $17 = $10,99 ~ 9 EUR

4737: 24,95 EUR ~ $32 = $19,99 ~ 16 EUR

4738: 49,95 EUR ~ $64 = $39,99 ~ 31 EUR

4840: 69,95 EUR ~ $90 = $59,99 ~ 47 EUR

4841: 79,95 EUR ~ $103 = $79,99 ~ 62 EUR

4842: 129,95 EUR ~ $167 = $ 129,95 ~ 101 EUR

Look, I love Harry Potter and all and I'm probably going to buy all the sets, but this just isn't right. I would be okay with it if they just change the dollar sign into the euro sign, like they almost always do (here only with the two biggest sets). I'm not sure how I'll feel buying them with the though they added 3-20 euro/5-30 dollar to a set to sell it here.

I shouldn't be complaining so hard and be happy with the sets, sorry. Let's hope the numbers are wrong. :sadnew:

I live in the Netherlands and I hope that this are not the prices.. I don't want to pay 80 euro's for the train

In Finland, according to the newest catalog, the prices will be:

4736: 16,99 EUR

4737: 30,95 EUR

4738: 59,95 EUR

4840: 79,95 EUR

4841: 99,95 EUR

4842: 149,95 EUR

*huh*:angry: In the two biggest sets that's a twenty euro increase in the already horrid prices. I really hope these are going to be worth it...

In Finland, according to the newest catalog, the prices will be:

4736: 16,99 EUR

4737: 30,95 EUR

4738: 59,95 EUR

4840: 79,95 EUR

4841: 99,95 EUR

4842: 149,95 EUR

*huh*:angry: In the two biggest sets that's a twenty euro increase in the already horrid prices. I really hope these are going to be worth it...

That's terrible! I really think it's unfair to charge that amount for some of these sets. €17 for Freeing Dobby! What a laugh!

Also, if this is classed as plugging, then please delete this, but I need HP fans to vote in this pollfor me please. Thanks!

Edited by SuperChris

*huh* Oh really I hope that are not the price's here in Netherlands.

I looked on a Dutch webshop (brickshop.nl)

and there are the prices :

4736: 11.04 EUR

4737: 21,24 EUR

4738: 42,49 EUR

4739: 59,49 EUR

4841: 67,99 EUR

4842: 110,46 EUR

The prices are okay I think.

*huh* Oh really I hope that are not the price's here in Netherlands.

I looked on a Dutch webshop (brickshop.nl)

and there are the prices :

4736: 11.04 EUR

4737: 21,24 EUR

4738: 42,49 EUR

4739: 59,49 EUR

4841: 67,99 EUR

4842: 110,46 EUR

The prices are okay I think.

I'd say they are better, but still not as low as the UK prices, bar the train. Why are Lego Train sets so expensive to buy in the UK? It was same for the Toy Story 3 train as well.

I'd say they are better, but still not as low as the UK prices, bar the train. Why are Lego Train sets so expensive to buy in the UK? It was same for the Toy Story 3 train as well.

all Trains are expensive, I think TLC is being stubbern and not lowering prices for such small sets, like the police car for example, $10?!?! That is a true rip-off. TLC better star lowering prices or I will just switch to pick a bricking the crap out of Bricklink.

all Trains are expensive,

That is true, but it's not really fair how the USA pay $79 for it, and the UK & EU have to pay £79 and however many EUROs.

It's also strange how the Emerald Night, one of my favourite Lego sets, has more pieces and is £10 (I think) cheaper than the 2010 Hogwarts Express. Oh well, Lego pricing has never really been fair.

all Trains are expensive, I think TLC is being stubbern and not lowering prices for such small sets, like the police car for example, $10?!?! That is a true rip-off. TLC better star lowering prices or I will just switch to pick a bricking the crap out of Bricklink.

Why would TLG care about you adding a middle-man to what they sell you?

It's also strange how the Emerald Night, one of my favourite Lego sets, has more pieces and is £10 (I think) cheaper than the 2010 Hogwarts Express. Oh well, Lego pricing has never really been fair.

They don't have to pay a licensing fee for the EN. Besides, the Hogwarts' Express is like $80 in the U.S.... 20% cheaper than the EN. Is it really that different England that HE costs MORE?

Edited by fred67

It still is pretty pitiful that the Hogwarts Express is expected to be worth 80% of what the Emerald Night gave us. I mean, the figures are great (Ginny, Luna, Draco, etc) but the train itself is awful. What was the piece count on it anyway? I would be surprised if it was even 60% of the EN size wise.

Sirius

Why would TLG care about you adding a middle-man to what they sell you?

They don't have to pay a licensing fee for the EN. Besides, the Hogwarts' Express is like $80 in the U.S.... 20% cheaper than the EN. Is it really that different England that HE costs MORE?

Yup, it's true.

And the piece count for the Hogwarts Express is 646. Pretty low considering.

Yup, it's true.

And the piece count for the Hogwarts Express is 646. Pretty low considering.

Amazon.co.uk has Emerald Night for £99.00

Are you saying MSRP in England is cheaper than that? I'm finding this hard to believe.

Edit: (looks on LEGO UK...) so it is... you guys ARE getting ripped, but I rather think you're getting a better deal on EN as opposed to a worse deal on Hogwarts' Express.

Edited by fred67

Amazon.co.uk has Emerald Night for £99.00

Are you saying MSRP in England is cheaper than that? I'm finding this hard to believe.

Edit: (looks on LEGO UK...) so it is... you guys ARE getting ripped, but I rather think you're getting a better deal on EN as opposed to a worse deal on Hogwarts' Express.

Lego Exclusives are always more expensive on Amazon. And you make a good point. It's swings and roundabouts, as I like to say.

It's just strange how they can give us (the UK) the same price as the Amercian's for the Hogwarts Castle, but they can't for the Hogwarts Express. Strange times.

The only 2011 licenses that have been offically confirmed are Cars 2 and Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2. :jollyroger:

I just happened to be reading the POTC thread over in the Pirates forum, and I noticed achris made the above comment.

Achris, if you come by here, care to explain this news? I do not believe I'd heard of any Deathly Hallows Part 2 sets before…

Ooh, an intriguing tidbit if true! :wub:

I agree! :cry_happy: I'm expecting a Gringotts set, and perhaps also a Shell Cottage or a Malfoy Manor. I know they sound a bit far-fetched, but that's most everything from Part 2.

I'm expecting a Gringotts set, and perhaps also a Shell Cottage or a Malfoy Manor.

Uh oh, I'm not a MOD, but Svelte did ask that we keep this too rumors, not hopes. Hopes go in the other thread about what you wish for.

Hopefully somebody with more information on this will be able to confirm or deny.