Cpl Yu

MOC: U.S. Embassy

Greetings,

My name is Jason. I am new to this whole MOC, so if it's not perfect, please excuse my lack of experience. Unfortunately, I ran out of the fences to built a higher fence...

- Only one U.S. branch of Military that's allow to guard our Embassy, the Marines.

20954_220774699373_710384373_2934558_3377337_n.jpg

20954_220775514373_710384373_2934560_7840570_n.jpg

Edited by Cpl Yu

First of all, welcome to Eurobricks Jason! You will surely enjoy it in here. :thumbup:

If you want you can introduce yourself here btw.

And a very nice first post you've made here! Very nice creation! I like the overall shape of the building and the white colour is a great choice.

The windows and the small balconies are a very nice detail on the building. It's clever that you didn't use policemen to guard the Embassy. The Marines minifigs are an excellent choice. :thumbup:

Green soldiers huh? Toy Story I guess? :wink:

Beautiful layout also. I hope that we'll see more from you in the future.

:classic:

Edited by Zorbas

Not bad at all, 'Cpl Yu', not bad. :classic:

The building looks the part for sure, although how does the guy out on the first floor get out there, like there is no door ?

The check point to is a bit close to the front door, the embassador must like walking, although he would want his limo and blue helicopter, wouldn't they ? :grin:

Great work, 'Cpl Yu'. :sweet:

Thanks for the warm welcoming. I've posted an introduction of myself on the intro section. As for the Embassy, it's a trial and error. It was my first MOC, and I was definitely lacking in parts. I will fix it up once I obtain additional parts.

As for the Marines, I used myself as a reference. Picture is a bit old, but it works.

17354_218893779373_710384373_2923972_1302120_n.jpg

Well you would then know more about all this being in the Marines, yeah hence your EB 'title', forgot the say what a great job you did then on your minifig marines. They are a few websites where you can buy US style minifig weapons so your guards have something to use if trouble comes their way.

And I've just noticed something, someone has a 3179 repair truck in their picture of the US Embassy. (unlike you, I and everyone else in Oz will have to wait another two to three months).

Really nice, and accurated, specially for a first posted MOC, and it fits perfectly in that modular city we can see behind :thumbup: Welcome to EB! :wink:

Hello and welcome to these fine boards!

Building an embassy itself is already a nice idea. :classic: While the images are a bit blurry, the building is pretty nice. I like the balcony construction and especially the flat roof with the tiles. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I really like this , not normally a fan of modular style be being a die hard classic town man but I love the detail and busy-ness of the street area you have captured .

May you grace us with interior pics , i would love to see the US ambassordor at work amongst his staff. :thumbup:

Awesome

Nice work. The scale of the embassy fits in well with the rest of your layout. I love the Marine uniforms -- so simple yet I instantly recognized them. Actually, with the Marines out front, I would have known that the building was one of our embassies without you telling us.

Thanks for the warm welcoming. I've posted an introduction of myself on the intro section. As for the Embassy, it's a trial and error. It was my first MOC, and I was definitely lacking in parts. I will fix it up once I obtain additional parts.

As for the Marines, I used myself as a reference. Picture is a bit old, but it works.

17354_218893779373_710384373_2923972_1302120_n.jpg

Salute.

Thank you for your service, my brother was 1st Div, 1st Tanks, Delta. He would say you did a fine job with the minifig Charlie uniform.

Your Embassy is excellent, great first MOC. Some great looking street scenes in there also. Any back story to why a US embassy is there?

That's quite a neat building, good sir! However, I fear I must correct your stating that only US Marines may "guard" US embassies. The United States Embassy located in Copenhagen is not and definitely has NEVER been patrolled by certified United States Marine Corps. personnel. I can vouch for that personally.

The embassy located in Stockholm I can't remember anything about - with the exception that the building looks like an over-modernized wealthy man's home.

Still though, it's a neat MOC. The scene around it reminds me a bit of the embassy scene in The Bourne Identity.

Topsy Cret,

Please understand that Marine Corps. is the only "Branch of Service" of the Military that's authorized to guard our Embassies. They're phasing out a lot of details and billets to Civilians counter part, so it doesn't surprised me if that Embassy that you have mention in Denmark have Gov't contractor to provide security. On top of that, due to budget cuts of Department of States, a lot of Embassies are downgraded to Consulate, which does not house an Ambassador, which doesn't not require US Marines to provide security. This reminds me of me being in the country of Taiwan, and the Consulate there does not house any US Marines, but they've private security.

20954_225726554373_710384373_2959762_1818562_n.jpg

I was able to put up the fence and I order a few more windows to match the entire building.

20954_225654829373_710384373_2959539_253952_n.jpg

I've also started on my next MOC. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Ah, well thank you for clearing that up for me, Cpl.

Your next MOC seems even more promising. It seems to be either a warehouse or some sort of office building dedicated to train... Stuff. Good luck with it!

This is really nice! I mean I never would have thought of making an embassy in Lego. I guess this means that Lego city is it's own country :tongue: . I like the marines a lot too, although maybe you could try dark blue pants if you have any. They look fine the way they are but you never know. Anyways great job :thumbup:

Great looking MOC, and I love the custom Marine fig's you've made. Simple changes but they look great!

Thanks for doing what you do for our country, us civilians can't ever pay you back!

Great work again 'Cpl. Yu' !

This new building you make it an international bank or global headquaters I guess, it looking real good right now with all the construction workers around it.

Keep up the great work. :thumbup::classic:

Very simple and quick project as I was able to gather up the bricks.

In reference to my very own Precinct that I work for, the New York City Police Department's 34th Precinct. Although it does not look like such, I've always wanted to build a Precinct in Lego.

2045286404_44f1974363.jpg

20954_231555709373_710384373_2993213_241999_n.jpg

20954_231558124373_710384373_2993221_4746861_n.jpg

Very simple and quick project as I was able to gather up the bricks.

Good choice of colors. I wish more Stations would have some color and life to them, just to ID them easier. Maybe a stripe or two, some large signage like your "34".