Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

Yeah the new castle looks like its going in the right direction. Lets hope they keep this theme going for the next couple of years. :knight:

Yeah the new castle looks like its going in the right direction. Lets hope they keep this theme going for the next couple of years. :knight:

I like the look of this line, so I hope it will run a bit longer than the Fantasy one did. I think that sub-theme could have done with another wave, or at least a larger wave for 2009. They left a lot of things undone (I was hoping for a Crownie/Dwarf ship).

But, no use complaining about that. I'll definitely be getting all the smaller sets from this wave, maybe the prison and the castle if I can afford them. Although I think a lot of my money will be going towards the second wave of SW and Harry Potter. :sceptic:

Well maybe well get a unicorn(lion) ship in the next wave. :classic:

Or a Dragon Ship :cry_happy:

Also I hope if TLG make a new dragon for the nights they

1. Have a mold thats more like the 1993 ones

2. have it in a cheaper set

Just wondering has anyone mentioned that there most probobally will be an advent callendar with the new Kingdoms line?

CastleLord.

Just wondering has anyone mentioned that there most probobally will be an advent callendar with the new Kingdoms line?

Yes :wink:

7952 Kingdoms Advent Calendar - 20 Euros :classic: (source)

Klaus-Dieter

The only chance for a new female seems to be the prison tower (if that is a female locked up), so my hopes for the advent calendar would be a new female and perhaps a new peasant. :thumbup:

I hope we get some high-res pictures of the kingdom sets soon as we got from prince of persia..i'm dying to see better pictures of these sets. I can already see myself bulding the new big castle though it's not gonna be out until half a year from now :tongue:

Where do you guys see the pictures of the new sets?

I haven't found any working links in this thread so far.

Here you go: working link :wink:

I am really surprised we haven't seen any new pictures yet. When are these sets going to come out?

This is a little speculation. A little birdie told me that in a strange release schedule the battle packs for the new kingdoms guys are going to be released months before the castle sets come out. Like this spring in fact.

I found this to be rather remarkable. TLG hasn't released a line in this fashion before in my recollection. However, I could see it working well to wet appetities for the new line over the subsequent months.

Also note: with the Prince of Persia sets coming out in April I could see some castle battle packs being purchased to go with the middle eastern sets. Imagine if you will, some friendly European medieval tourists dressed in their finest military garb heading to the middle east for some fun and sun...

I cannot confirm this in any way but... This little birdie has industrial strength sources and has always been very accurate in the past. If true I would find this very interesting indeed.

This is a little speculation. A little birdie told me that in a strange release schedule the battle packs for the new kingdoms guys are going to be released months before the castle sets come out. Like this spring in fact.

I found this to be rather remarkable. TLG hasn't released a line in this fashion before in my recollection. However, I could see it working well to wet appetities for the new line over the subsequent months.

Also note: with the Prince of Persia sets coming out in April I could see some castle battle packs being purchased to go with the middle eastern sets. Imagine if you will, some friendly European medieval tourists dressed in their finest military garb heading to the middle east for some fun and sun...

I cannot confirm this in any way but... This little birdie has industrial strength sources and has always been very accurate in the past. If true I would find this very interesting indeed.

That would be great and also, in my opinion, also a very clever marketing move. I don't usually buy battle packs BUT if they will be the only available sets before the theme sets, I'd probably buy them.

But I haven't heard anything about these battlepacks: would they be as the 2009 ones (so only minifigs and accessories) or like star wars ones (with some pieces too). I'd prefer much more if LEGO would shift from the first kind to the second.

In any case I find it kind of strange to have pictures of kingdoms sets in December and not having sets till September of the following year...it's really too long and it can kill hype.

Andrea

Gonna have to snatch up those sets then, along with the MMV and some HP sets.

The friendlies are red and white, and the enemies are black, by the way.

Hopefully these will not be of Chinese quality. If I see the stamp in the arm, I will not be buying.

Kris Abel's blog on Kingdoms shown at the Canadian Toy Fair.

clicky :wub:

:oh:

Clear pictures!

Thanks for the link KimT! :sweet:

Edited by Zorbas

Nice, nice, nice! :sweet:

That brown tower is my favourite, but many of the small sets are very good too with lots of nice minifigs. :thumbup: