Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

to those asking, yes, i bought them from TRU. central nj area. :D there was a kid who was looking for a ninja but i didn't help him with my cheatsheet. :D :sadnew: didn't want to spoil the surprise for him!

i just bought another box (60) just for fun... :D there should be 3 boxes left in the store. no limit on purchase, no one telling you can't use barcode. :tongue::thumbup:

My TRU in Tyler Texas has a new box after a few weeks of nothing. It's not even picked through. I got a couple more extras. Caveman, Forestman, Robot, and Skater. That brings my grand total to 23-ish. I'm only buying for the parts; though I did turn a large number of them into a superhero teram from the 1930's/40's. I think people in the U.S. can expect to get a few more in stores soon due to slow distribution. I'm done with this series only b/c I don't have a need. I'm excited about series 2, but I can't wait for info on the next series. I guess I just like the spoilers!

I think that caps guy was a troll (as in looking to get something going). Who in their right mind types in all caps, then continues to do so after people ask him not to? And if he really reads this forum regularly, wouldn't he know how to behave here? I mean, you don't see me saying anything about the World Cup that the U.S. is playing in while so many soccer countries are sitting at home watching. Just kidding. I have virtually nothing to do with soccer. We didn't even have little league soccer where I grew up.

well my TRU just got in 2 cases (4 boxes) of them yesterday, so think they are now going to be flooding the market.

Edited by Asterios

i just picked up another 9 cheerleaders, 6 zombies, 2 wrestlers, 3 clowns. seriously, those who said they can't find them in any toystores, were you even looking? :D

the toy store i was just in had like 4 full boxes. no one besides myself was going through the boxes. i wanted to just buy like 2 or 3 boxes initially but then thought...nah... the kids might want them, so i just got myself 20. :D going to stop by this afternoon to pick up more. if they aren't gone by then, i might just buy 2-3 boxes and leave one there. i'm going to buy more clowns next since they seem to be going for as high as cheerleaders.

I've been scouting out a few TRUs and from past experience they don't stock much LEGO sets in my area. The other lego fans got to those crash test dummys before me ><

Either that or someone bought out all their stock.

Edited by xyxstradus

They're completely sold out at my local TRU and Borders, and the manager at the TRU said that there were 88 bags left at a TRU 16 miles away. I don't think I'll be able to go there, though, so that means I won't be able to get a single figure. I really wanted to get a whole set. And no, I won't buy them online.

EDIT: Inky told me that they sold out at that TRU in less than an hour. Definitely the work of a greedy scalper.

Edited by ILikePi

Hmm, the posts I wanted to quote disappeared. Anyhoo, was basically going to say that in my city I have still only ever seen the minifigs in 1 of the 5 places that sell Lego. And there was 1 half-empty box, which was gone the next time I went there. 4 of the 5 places seem to be getting in new stuff promptly.

I see quite a few people who say "I saw some figs, didnt buy any, went back the next day and they were gone". The lesson from the roll-out (especially in the USA) is to BUY them the first time you see them, dont think "I will come back later and buy some".

well my TRU just got in 2 cases (4 boxes) of them yesterday, so think they are now going to be flooding the market.

Man, I hope so a sealed box would make my month.

I officially don't give a crap about these anymore. Thanks TLG having their head up their *** on this one.

Too bad for them, because I had funds set aside to get at least two boxes of each series. I'm sure many other customers are pissed like me and had money to spend, but now will not.

Je, I thought you have given up on them?

Sure, I know that its very frustrating not getting what you wan't but why all the complaining then?

But anyway wish you good luck getting the rest!

I managed to buy a shedload last Friday and even found a second sealed box at the counter of the toy store I visited. Decided to hoard the greatest figs such as the cheerleader, clown, zombie, wrestler, caveman and some others as well. I was surprised to see that they had restocked shortly after my visit on Thursday as I thought that I purchased everything they had left but it appeared that they had stored away a few extra boxes. I did not bother to ask them if they had more boxes in storage left since I feel I had my share on this batch. Don't need any more of series 1 and will leave the rest to others.

I seriously think that series 1 is definitely better than series 2. For me, the only interesting figs in series 2 are the roman/greek centurion, the pharao, the mexican and the pantomime fig with the 2 extra heads with different face expressions.

I see a lot of people calling the surfer dude a favourite in Series 2, why is that? Is it just the barechested torso, or are there other reasons? He's low on my own list of priorities.

add another store that carries the minifigures - fivebelow! going for $1.99 too! :tongue::thumbup: stores that sell at msrp seem to sell out fast though. TRU and borders still have tons lying around. probably loads of dummies and magicians from return purchases (after swapping out their crappier stuff for the better ones, no doubt).

I see a lot of people calling the surfer dude a favourite in Series 2, why is that? Is it just the barechested torso, or are there other reasons? He's low on my own list of priorities.

for me its because surfing is one of my other hobbies, beside lego ! Got a few mocs i can think of using him and i reckon they will make great joke gifts for my mates !

Well, the Surfer does have a lot going for him. The new hairpiece that is currently only available in black (now in tan); the printed surfboard; the funky shorts which can be used on pretty much any minifig and the torso which is extremely versatile and could easily be used in any theme. Certainly for castle and other non town fans he has more going for him than most of the new figs who are pretty much town only. Other than the hoplite, he's one of my top figs for series 2. I certainly plan on picking up a few of them as they are one of the few figs in series 2 that can legitimately be used for castle purposes.

well the Roman and the Egyptian are going to be the ones I'll be collecting myself, along with my gratuitous complete set too.

well the Roman and the Egyptian are going to be the ones I'll be collecting myself, along with my gratuitous complete set too.

Roman? You mean the Greek hoplite don't you? I would love to see a Roman legionaire in series 3 or 4 though.

Roman? You mean the Greek hoplite don't you? I would love to see a Roman legionaire in series 3 or 4 though.

nope Roman Centurion you should get to know the varying Roman uniforms out there.

Romans used rectangular, circle and oval shields.

Also there is nothing on that fig that says greek, from its helmet to its shield it screams Roman.

Edited by Asterios

Je, I thought you have given up on them?

Sure, I know that its very frustrating not getting what you wan't but why all the complaining then?

But anyway wish you good luck getting the rest!

I was upset with he distribution selections the LEGO group used. I had vented how I wanted them but it seemed impossible. So I posted what I posted. Then 10 minutes later on my drive home from work, I decided to stop at a toys r us just for the heck of it to see if they had any. Turns out they did and bought them. Its funny how your luck can change.

I'm not the only one to vent my dislike for the way TLG handled this first series.

nope Roman Centurion you should get to know the varying Roman uniforms out there.

Romans used rectangular, circle and oval shields.

Also there is nothing on that fig that says greek, from its helmet to its shield it screams Roman.

This might get me banned, but I find your posts extremely annoying and ignorant. It is definitely NOT a Roman and is in fact a Greek Hoplite. As one of my former undergrad physics profs says: "It's obvious to the most casual observer.".

You are incorrect. I'm sure others will back me up with links if necessary, but it's not worth me venting any more.

This might get me banned, but I find your posts extremely annoying and ignorant. It is definitely NOT a Roman and is in fact a Greek Hoplite. As one of my former undergrad physics profs says: "It's obvious to the most casual observer.".

You are incorrect. I'm sure others will back me up with links if necessary, but it's not worth me venting any more.

well let me enlighten you on you and your professors ignorance shall I?

here we have a Greek Hoplite:

greek_hoplite.jpg

notice the armor and the helmet he uses.

here we have the Roman soldier:

roman_soldier.jpg

notice the Helmet and Armor he has.

now here is the collectible minifig:

leg8684_20_a_jpg.jpg

which does he look more like?

as it goes your "Professor" is a fool if he thinks that minifig looks like a Greek, I have majored in Classical mediteranean Military cultures I know what I'm talking about, at best this fig is a culmination of about 500 years or so of various Roman uniforms.

also it could be said its a somewhat combination of the 2 but its most definately Greek.

Edited by Asterios

which does he look more like?

I won't pretend to be a historian, but from the pics you posted, it looks like the Greek except for the armor, which indeed looks more Roman. The helmet (with its carve and noseguard), sandals instead of boots, and circular shield scream Greek. The cape and pleated kilty thing could go either way.

I won't pretend to be a historian, but from the pics you posted, it looks like the Greek except for the armor, which indeed looks more Roman. The helmet (with its carve and noseguard), sandals instead of boots, and circular shield scream Greek. The cape and pleated kilty thing could go either way.

well the circular shield is not greek but is reminiscent of the Roman Round buckler used around 250-300 + AD, furthermore at best I would say the fig is a combination of the two but like I said mostly greek:

here is a picture of a Roman Round Buckler:

buckler.jpg

as to the nose guard there are Roman Helmets which are of the same design.

you have to remember that the Roman's stole alot of armor designs from the Greeks and other cultures, also on this minifigs helmet look above the eyes notice the styling of the helmet there like a visor cover which is reminiscent of Roman helmets and not Greek helmets.

in fact here is one such Roman helmet:

167733064_d527677449.jpg

This helmet was found in the UK amongst other Roman artifacts.

here is another Helmet based on a Romano-sassanian style:

1528546946_41c3f5b786.jpg

and here is the Romano-sassanian style helmet:

1528546886_ad7c15fb67.jpg

I could go on and on about how that is a Roman figure, but not much to back it up that its Greek, even the shield design is wrong since the Greek shield is concave, and this one is flat.

Edited by Asterios

Let's everyone settle down about this minfig origin business. Has TLC given an official name yet? Besides, you are both wrong. This minifig is a representation of an advanced alien culture in the Andromeda Galaxy. That particular uniform was adopted from our history during a dimensional excursion in which the alien race visited Earth in our past. I mean, c'mon people, it's as plain as day.

Yea.....I'm just going to go ahead and call him the Spartan.

Let's everyone settle down about this minfig origin business. Has TLC given an official name yet? Besides, you are both wrong. This minifig is a representation of an advanced alien culture in the Andromeda Galaxy. That particular uniform was adopted from our history during a dimensional excursion in which the alien race visited Earth in our past. I mean, c'mon people, it's as plain as day.

Well knowing LEGO they will want to be politically correct so they will probably call it Ancient warrior or such which will not resolve any issue.