Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

But are those also for the USA? Or do we know yet about the states?

Near as I've been able to find, they're still not out in the US yet.

I'd planned on hitting TRU on my way home today and the LEGO store on Saturday.

I'll post my findings, I'm sure.

But are those also for the USA? Or do we know yet about the states?
Near as I've been able to find, they're still not out in the US yet.

I'd planned on hitting TRU on my way home today and the LEGO store on Saturday.

I'll post my findings, I'm sure.

June 1 is the release date for the states. :thumbup:

June 1 is the release date for the states. :thumbup:

Just out of curiosity, where did you find that date?

I looked around a bit earlier and found both 'May 2010' and 'June 2010.' Neither of which were anything close to 'official' sources.

Just out of curiosity, where did you find that date?

I looked around a bit earlier and found both 'May 2010' and 'June 2010.' Neither of which were anything close to 'official' sources.

lego.com

Thanks HOlodoc for that barcode list!!!

Does anyone know when these will come to Sweden?

Minxter

Yes, we do! Head over here to SweBrick and get your answer: LINK :wink:

I just bought a box of 60 for £99.99...

Am I insane?

I think so...

Anyway, I will post the results when the box arrives.

Depending on what is in there, I'll be selling spares I do not wish to keep and possibly a set of 16! (Disclaimer: I can't promise what I will be selling until I open the box in 5-7 days...)

Am I insane?

I think so...

Depending on what is in there, I'll be selling spares I do not wish to keep and possibly a set of 16! (Disclaimer: I can't promise what I will be selling until I open the box in 5-7 days...)

Actually, with the barcodes being readily available a box doesn't seem like a terrible investment. Sellers can now sell their extras without having to open the bags devaluing the figs. You're also bound to get the figures you want by doing this while possibly turning a profit on the secondary market.

Barcode matching isn't my plan and turning a profit is far from expected. I'm going to open the bags and see what I get, then offload the figures I do not want multiples of on the trade forums. The thing about blind bagged is the sealed bag won't sell that well to people when they can go to a shop and buy one, I can sell the open ones better.

I knew this would never be an investment, but buying a box is a one off and I will get what I want (a one off each series, unless TLG sort out distribution). -_-;; I think I am a bit mad...

Am I insane?

I bought a box online for 99.95 euro. Will have to wait for june for it to arrive though. :hmpf_bad:

I expect to be able to sell the surplus to some collegues of mine.

Yes, we do! Head over here to SweBrick and get your answer: LINK :wink:

Thank You PrEtzel.

I didn´t know that site existed :blush:

Minxter

I have a box ordered, and since there are three complete sets in a box, I will be selling one. I think that a complete set (16 figs) unopened is what people are looking for, and I don't really need more than 2 of each fig anyways......

Now just waiting on the case to come in! :tongue:

Am I insane?

I think so...

Sorry, I might be out of it but where can you buy full boxes in the U.K.

I guess you just can go to your local toystore and tell them you want a complete box when they have them.

If they will not let you, try another one. That is what I will do.

I have a box ordered, and since there are three complete sets in a box, I will be selling one. I think that a complete set (16 figs) unopened is what people are looking for, and I don't really need more than 2 of each fig anyways......

Now just waiting on the case to come in! :tongue:

Why would people want them unopened? I can't see the reason for keeping this kind of set MINT :wacko:

I went to Kerrison Toys after it came up in a google search.

Hope it helps!

Why would people want them unopened? I can't see the reason for keeping this kind of set MINT :wacko:

No you wouldn't keep these sealed......I meant that the buyer would probably like to open them.......who doesn't like opening new things!?

With the barcodes you could tell which ones they were, hence sell 16 unopened for the joy of the buyer.

You could make the same argument for any set. I'm not a MISB collector so such things don't really concern me but I know that there are many fans who buy sets simply to keep them 'vaulted' in their collections. With the bar codes giving away what figure is contained in each bag, I suspect there will still be collectors who are looking for these figs sealed.

With blind bagged things people prefer to buy specifics opened to ensure they are getting exactly what they want. If I were to list on eBay a minifig bag, for say £2 plus the postage and say "This is a spaceman figure, the barcode says so" no one will want it, they too can take the risk for less in WHSmiths or Argos or TRU. If I were to list a spaceman figure for the exact price, minus bag, they'd know they were getting it and would be more likely to purchse it.

People go and buy trading figures on the internet to get the figures they need to finish their collection, or to build the army they desire. Not to take a chance.

So I don't care about bar codes or anything; it seems it's been guaranteed that you'll get a complete set in a box, so I'd just like to buy a box...

I can wait until June, but the question is "where?" I've seen a few sites offering them for preorder, but they want more than list. I'm certain if I walk into Toys R Us or my LEGO Store and ask for a box, they'll kick me out. It would be cool to be able to order a box from LEGO.com, I'd be comfortable doing that, but I'm afraid they will only sell them separately, and limit it to like 5 or 10, like they do for so many items (especially new ones).

I could even wait longer... I won't even be in the U.S. for most of June anyway, I still don't see it happening for third or fourth shipments.

They surely can't impose a 5 or 10 limit, given that there's 16 in the set :sceptic:

That barcode info is very interesting! I suppose Lego want each box to contain the same number of each fig? That would explain the barcodes. I wonder if they thought they could keep that a secret? :tongue:

After looking at the probabilities from WhiteFang's review, the programmer in me could not resist coding a dynamic programming solution to answer something that I have been wondering about ever since the announcement : "How many bags do you have to buy on average to get a complete set?".

So, I coded it, and assuming I didn't make any mistake, the amount of random bags you would have to get on average to complete the set is:

BTW, if you just one want fig of the high, medium and low prob groups, you'll need: 12, 15 and 20 bags on average, respectively. In my case, I just want a robot and a spaceman, that would need 22.5 bags :/ I think I should consider buying a box...

With blind bagged things people prefer to buy specifics opened to ensure they are getting exactly what they want. If I were to list on eBay a minifig bag, for say £2 plus the postage and say "This is a spaceman figure, the barcode says so" no one will want it, they too can take the risk for less in WHSmiths or Argos or TRU. If I were to list a spaceman figure for the exact price, minus bag, they'd know they were getting it and would be more likely to purchse it.

People go and buy trading figures on the internet to get the figures they need to finish their collection, or to build the army they desire. Not to take a chance.

Except nothing is blind in this series. Having the second barcode is the same as having different packaging. These aren't packaged like trading cards. There is ZERO risk here unless the seller intentionally sends the wrong bag. I appreciate that you look forward to opening your figs (part of the excitement I suppose), but don't you think that some buyers are also looking for that experience? An opened figure is used, whereas a sealed in bag figure is new. For many collectors this distinction is pretty significant.

Buying a bagged figure isn't taking a change. It's insurance that the figure hasn't been used or mishandled.