Sign in to follow this  
Eilif

Possible new LEGOLAND in Illinois!

Hey folks,

A friend of mine in NILTC just let me know about this.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stor...7A?OpenDocument

Apparently LEGOLAND is looking at a site in Southern Illinois, possibly near St. Louis. As with most large scale development deals, this one seems to hinge on the acquisition of tax breaks, and in this case a pending bill in the Illinois State Legislature could make or break it.

More links on the same story.

http://www.topix.net/wire/city/glen-carbon-il?q=legoland

http://www.coasterdom.com/2009/10/23/legol...ng-to-illinois/

http://www.examiner.com/x-3599-St-Louis-Mo...-Glen-Carbon-IL

LEGO seems to really be in Love with Illinois. We've already got a Discovery Center and 4 stores (5 if you count the Discovery Center shop) in the Chicago area, and now a possible LEGOLAND in the other end of the State. Wow!

Why are they putting it down south?? there's really not much there, its mostly corn and soy.

They should put it up north, then maybe I can get a job there. :grin:

4 stores in Illinois??? For God's sake. We don't even have ONE in their neighbor, Iowa, where I live. TLC can be real mean...

But at least there maybe will be a LEGOLAND closer to me than in California!!

Why are they putting it down south?? there's really not much there, its mostly corn and soy.

They should put it up north, then maybe I can get a job there. :grin:

You mean other than the ones in Chicago, Orland Park, Schaumburg, and Northbrook?? Seems to me that northern Illinois is pretty well covered.

5 stores in Illinois, and Lego doesn't bother to put 1 in Michigan, Illinois' next door neighbor. :hmpf:

Still sounds interesting though. California was the closest one to me, and it would have been a 25-30 hr. drive. It would be a lot better to cut that trip down to 6-7 hrs!

Nothing in their neighbor Indiana either. However, I live in the southern half of Indiana so one near St Louis isn't a very far drive for me.

!!!!!

:pir-cry_happy:

I live on the other side of St. Louis (the Missouri side) in St. Charles, and the nearest Lego store is Chicago (6 hour drive away). Therefore, I haven't even had the chance in my years of AFOL-dom to even step into one, let alone go all the way to California to visit Legoland. If this comes to fruition, it will all be worth it. Please, LEGO, please! :cry_happy:

Edited by dhaas06

i wouldn't mind having to only go halfway across the country to get to legoland. as for stores i have 3 within a half hour of me. i love boston!

3? Where is the 3rd one? I know of the one in the Burlington Mall. Then their is one in Natick. Where is another one? Which one is the best? I usually got to the one in the Burlington Mall.

My mother-in-law lives near there... Of course she'll probably move out to California right before the park opens...

Steve

*Sigh*

Does anyone know Hard it is to be a FOL in Arkansas? Not one Lego Store or Legoland in sight(or at least less than 7 hours away). They could at least put one in Little Rock, or maybe even Memphis(I know, different state, still close).

Oh well, Illinois has it made, but I still hate the cubs. :sadnew:

Why are you guys complaining that there isnt a lego store in your state? We dont even have one in the whole of New Zealand!

Why are you guys complaining that there isnt a lego store in your state? We dont even have one in the whole of New Zealand!

sorry :look:

Sometimes I get so frustrated, I get selfish and don't think about other FOLs around the world. Sorry.

We also have no LegoLand nor Lego Store in Canada. It would be nice if they build it since Illinois is not as far a drive as to California from where I am.

3? Where is the 3rd one? I know of the one in the Burlington Mall. Then their is one in Natick. Where is another one? Which one is the best? I usually got to the one in the Burlington Mall.

South Shore mall. I generally go to Burlington too but Natick is nice too