Sign in to follow this  
Brickthing

Power Miners 2010

Wikipedia has comfired

This info is not confirmed!

Um…

Edited by Bfahome

So power miners is ending? That's really odd because since the beginning of PM in Doc's bio it said "Nothing can prepare him for the mysteries of the portal and what lies beyond" so what the heck were they talking about? :wacko:

Hmnn do notice that we are already in 2011 rumors season. There is a strong rumor that a new action theme prematurely called NinjaGo will be released in early 2011. Of the two action themes slots we have, I'd say that the other one is taken by Atlantis as it is a strong theme likely to have at least one wave. The other slot would be used by NinjaGo and that basically reduces the chances for Power Miners to 0. It would also be very strange for an action theme to have a three waves with a one-wave long break.

NinjaGo? :laugh: That sounds like a lame baby TV show for babies. I highly doubt that this rumor is true where did you read this "Article".

Edited by computerbug

So power miners is ending? That's really odd because since the beginning of PM in Doc's bio it said "Nothing can prepare him for the mysteries of the portal and what lies beyond" so what the heck were they talking about? :wacko:

It's not the first time that the online bios/story have conflicted with the sets, so I don't think that's anything to go by. Besides, a portal would be too similar to another current action theme, Atlantis.

Oh, and those "confirmed" lists from brickipedia are months old and obviously fake.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

NinjaGo? :laugh: That sounds like a lame baby TV show for babies. I highly doubt that this rumor is true where did you read this "Article".

Preliminary name is preliminary.

"Atlantis" used to be called "Atlantic".

Preliminary name is preliminary.

"Atlantis" used to be called "Atlantic".

Well if it's fake as Oky says then why does it matter? But still ninjaGo sounds very juvenile no matter how preliminary it may be. :laugh:

I was talking about the rumored PM sets such as "Lava King/Lord". Those sound fake to me. I have not yet heard of this "NinjaGo". It does sound a bit cheesy too, but then again, "Power Miners" sounds similar to a certain baby show as well, but it turned out alright.

powerRangersIcon.jpg

Omigosh, Oky badmouths the Power Rangers!?

Regarding the name Ninja Go, it sounds a whole lot like sentai anime and the like. Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (aka G-Force or Battle of the Planets), the afore mentioned (and totally awesome) Power Rangers.

Colour coded like Exo-Force and with a few larger than life villans. It could be as successful as any other action themes.

This caught my eye:

Wikipedia has comfired from LEGO that the Power Miners theme will continue the theme in 2011. It has also be comfired that instead of the rumored Lava Queen, there will be a Lava King called The Lava Lord.

Ha, funny. I haven't been too involved in Power Miners lately, but I accidentally stumbled across the Wikipedia article. I don't think it's confirmed that the theme will continue, but I'd love it to.

Little information has leaked out regarding the Power Miners' future. A video game will not be released, but rumors spread of a Power Miners movie coming into theaters in 2011. It is also rumored that they will start an ice-themed sub-plot, featuring ice monsters. The theme will also take a pause until Jan. 2011, and the sub-theme will coninue then. This info is not confirmed!

That prompted a laugh from me. Exactly who wrote that? :tongue:

I'd love ice monsters (as mentioned quite a few pages back), but it's fairly absurd. I wish I was proven wrong though.

And a movie? I never heard of any rumours about that. I don't really see the point of adding this to a reference website if they explicitly say that it's just a rumour...

How about Alpha team?There was three waves of sets and the "Mission Deep Freeze" was about 2 years after 2002 "deep sea" wave.

I really can't envision any baby show that involves ninjas. Definitely an awkward juxtaposition.

Meanwhile, I strongly doubt there will be a continuation of Power Miners. Even if there were going to be one, the alleged "details" which we know all sound like speculation. "Lava Queen/Lava Lord" both are just extrapolated from the idea of the Crystal King (If there's big, small, and giant Rock Monsters, and big and small Lava Monsters, there must be a GIANT lava monster!), while the idea of "ice monsters" is based on the three breeds of monster in the Rock Raiders computer game. Ice monsters are wholly inconsistent with the progression Power Miners has made of going deeper and deeper underground.

The idea of a Power Miners movie in theaters is simply ludicrous-- all LEGO movies so far have been direct-to-DVD, and if there were a movie planned for theaters as soon as next year we'd know more about it than just "rumors".

Overall, from my experience, Wikipedia is never a good source for information on future LEGO sets and themes, not because it's always wrong, but because when it's right the information obviously came from another more reliable source. If Wikipedia's the only source, then you know the information came from nowhere but some editor's imagination. So if you see information on Wikipedia that you've never seen anywhere else, check the sources at the bottom of the page! If no source is given, you shouldn't give the info any credence.

The idea of a Power Miners movie in theaters is simply ludicrous-- all LEGO movies so far have been direct-to-DVD, and if there were a movie planned for theaters as soon as next year we'd know more about it than just "rumors".

Overall, from my experience, Wikipedia is never a good source for information on future LEGO sets and themes, not because it's always wrong, but because when it's right the information obviously came from another more reliable source. If Wikipedia's the only source, then you know the information came from nowhere but some editor's imagination. So if you see information on Wikipedia that you've never seen anywhere else, check the sources at the bottom of the page! If no source is given, you shouldn't give the info any credence.

Agreed, and agreed again. Although I do admit I did watch one movie (the second Bionicle movie) in a special screening after I won a competition, which was a nice experience, but otherwise they are only to DVD.

The thing about Wikipedia is that it can be edited by anyone (including people with weird theories, as can be seen from that quote). It's therefore not completely reliable for any topic, not just for Lego-related things.

Bionicle: Web of Shadows was in cinemas.

Ninja Go sounds like fun. Hopefully some nice modern Ninja suites. Assuming this theme will come out.

Edited by The crazy one

Bionicle: Web of Shadows was in cinemas.

Ninja Go sounds like fun. Hopefully some nice modern Ninja suites. Assuming this theme will come out.

Are you sure? Wasn't in any cinemas I knew about. Or that the wiki knows about.

Granted, the wiki is American-focused, so it's possible the film appeared in theaters in some countries. But it's a bit hard to believe that there could have been anything more than some exclusive premiere showings (like there was for MoL, as this epic picture demonstrates).

Are you sure? Wasn't in any cinemas I knew about. Or that the wiki knows about.

Granted, the wiki is American-focused, so it's possible the film appeared in theaters in some countries. But it's a bit hard to believe that there could have been anything more than some exclusive premiere showings (like there was for MoL, as this epic picture demonstrates).

I don't remember seeing it out here, either. It could have been a promotion (like I previously said about the second Bionicle movie).

Well it seems that PM is officially dead or at least on it's way out. We salute you for being such an original and encouraging theme. We who went and bought most of the sets will not be the ones to miss you the most but of the generations yet to come who have'nt had the chance to gaze on your glory. You truly were great in your short time here.

:tongue:

I just got my first 2 PM sets(fire blaster and stone chopper) and now I read the line is ending LOL! Go figure.

What is the general feeling on the Mine Mech? I wanna get that one next. Probably move on to the bigger sets after that.

I just got my first 2 PM sets(fire blaster and stone chopper) and now I read the line is ending LOL! Go figure.

What is the general feeling on the Mine Mech? I wanna get that one next. Probably move on to the bigger sets after that.

Get it. It's one of one set without wheels/treads, and I've even customized mine to be a battlemech. :thumbup:

Get it. It's one of one set without wheels/treads, and I've even customized mine to be a battlemech. :thumbup:

Thanks, made a trade for one. Aside from the huge sets, what's another good one thats fun to assemble? I'm about done with the space police line. I was trying to decide to start Atlantis or PM and PM won :-)