Sign in to follow this  
Natman8000

Tusken Raider Battle Pack

indexed.gif

In the long ranges of the the Tatoonie desert lives a angry clan of Tusken raiders! They have recently stolen and salvaged a vessel from the jawas and set up spear traps in rocks! Flick the spear to make it launch! Set comes with 2 tusken raiders, 1 tusken commander, and one tusken woman.

Contains-

65 parts

4 minifigs

3 guns, 3 spears, 1 club

tusken attack speeder

campfire

rock trap

Being a big fan of tuskens, I think that this would be a great addition to the battle pack series, especially being that the tusken figure is not common. Obviosly with my 25+ Tusken collection, I think they would be appropriate.

img_6436.jpg

img_6437.jpg

img_6439.jpg

img_6440.jpg

img_6441.jpg

Edited by KimT

Nice entry. But I'm still wondering why you built a tusken battle pack!? :tongue:

I like how you managed to give every raider his own identity (neck armor etc. where is it from actually?)

The speeder is a typical "battle pack"-speeder, well designed but few details. (I know- because of the 70 parts-rule)

Greetings and MTFBWY

Lion

Brilliant! Great entry, Natman! :thumbup:

The speeder looks cool, the rock formation is clever and well-designed and the campfire is a nice addition too. I assume the Tusken woman would be redesigned with new colours/parts?

Very predictable from you. I'd snap it up as soon as it came out.

Well done. :sweet:

Wow, this is good.

If it were really a set I would be emptying the shelves, to make a Sandcrawler Raid Diorama.

Great entry, Natman. Couldn't be any better. :thumbup:

I should have figured you'd do a Tusken one. Watto's contol pannel is a nice addition. It's going to be a hard vote. I coudn't find these on th index. Nice addition with the Tusken woman. I think a Tusken dog thing would be too hard.

Great entry, but where's the Bantha?

Remember what you said about no huge parts/70 piece limit?

I should have figured you'd do a Tusken one. Watto's contol pannel is a nice addition. It's going to be a hard vote. I coudn't find these on th index. Nice addition with the Tusken woman. I think a Tusken dog thing would be too hard.

I was thinking about the dog creature, but I couldn't make it with out going over on the part limit as the rock thing is much less than the dog would be.

Thanks for the nice comments :classic:

Remember what you said about no huge parts/70 piece limit?

You could have done a baby one :tongue:

Wow, that looks great Natman!

If there aren't any other ones that are better, you got my vote. :wink:

By the way, did you get a new camera? These pictures look much better than your other ones that you took months ago. :classic:

Very nice BP. I'll get it if its a real set too. Only question for me is the speeder. Not 100% on my SW lore but does Tusken use sophisticated technology like speeders?

Very nice BP. I'll get it if its a real set too. Only question for me is the speeder. Not 100% on my SW lore but does Tusken use sophisticated technology like speeders?

Well.... not usually, but do you have any better ideas than a speeder that has 70 pieces? :tongue:

And I did get a new camera BTW.

The inspiration is useful, because Tuskens have only been in 2-3 non-promotional sets ever (as far as I am aware).

I don't own any Tusken minifigs myself, so I would certainly buy this pack if sold by TLG :thumbup:

The speeder looks very applicable to the Tuskens, especially considering the details. The weapons selection is also great.

Welcome back Natman8000 :classic: This is a good BP, but who is that black tusken? And to me, that set looks to be more than 70 pcs. :sceptic:

I was thinking about the dog creature, but I couldn't make it with out going over on the part limit as the rock thing is much less than the dog would be.

The dogs would have been left in the village anyway. Why diddn't you do a hut or village stuff?

Welcome back Natman8000 :classic: This is a good BP, but who is that black tusken? And to me, that set looks to be more than 70 pcs. :sceptic:

Once again, you don't read. It is the tusken woman. And why would I make the piece number up? Why in the world do you have to be like that?

I don't think there are as many pieces as may have been initially thought in the speeder.

I think 1, 1, 1, 1! One good hut could be made with 55-60 pieces. :tongue:

Sure, but I don't think that would make as good of a 'battle'pack as a speeder than hut.

If he says its 70 pieces then let's leave it at that. Its up to the judges whether its 70 pieces or not. Not really up to us.

A hut will work but if you want something more "battle" then maybe some medieval style war machines?

Once again, you don't read. It is the tusken woman. And why would I make the piece number up? Why in the world do you have to be like that?

Ok, I believe you. Sorry.

I think 1, 1, 1, 1! One good hut could be made with 55-60 pieces. :tongue:

Then he would have no room for anything else. :tongue: Plus a hut in a village doesn't really fit in with the spirit of a BP, traditionally they have been small vehicles with flick-missiles. :laugh: With that in mind, I'll excuse myself to go add some flick-missiles to my entry. :laugh:

Then he would have no room for anythong else.
:laugh: :laugh:

You might want to edit that post.