Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 15

Wait, did I miss something? Did the train safely stop? :look: how are you going to walk back? :wacko:

Oh and I don't trust pete. I'd rather die here then get stabbed in the back... :hmpf:

You're on a train rocketing toward a death bridge and you think the train stopped? This guy needs some help... :sceptic: No, the train is still going, hence I'm yelling as you guys are getting further and further away. We just jumped off the train.

And how are we walking back? With our legs! :hmpf:

Why don't you trust Pete?

If this train is really bound for Cassandra's Crossing, I'd love to know who I get the honor of dying with. :sadnew:

I'm not convinced that we're dying, but whatever the result, I signed on for this little train ride and after a week in that damn town, I'm not getting off this train until we reach some kind of destination, final or not.

Onwards, fearlessly to death if that may be our course. Onwards!

*takes Brakes hand* Yeah, what he said. :sweet:

You're on a train rocketing toward a death bridge and you think the train stopped? This guy needs some help... :sceptic: No, the train is still going, hence I'm yelling as you guys are getting further and further away. We just jumped off the train.

And how are we walking back? With our legs! :hmpf:

Why don't you trust Pete?

I must've missed that part (about you guys jumping off) :wacko:

:blush:

Ah, with people jumping out and dying left and right, I need a roll call. Who do we have left aboard the train?

Me, Arin and Lorraine. Herman, Greaseman, Mark Williams, the Mayor and Steve. Brakes, Jeb? That's ten of us. Who else?

If this train is really bound for Cassandra's Crossing, I'd love to know who I get the honor of dying with. :sadnew:

I'm still here too! I'd hate to miss the ending of this whole thing, and I feel if I jump off, that's just what's going to happen! Maybe not die, but miss the conclusion! Maybe the train is going fast enough to simply fly over Cassandra's crossing!

33.jpg

With the train quickly rolling toward Cassandra Crossing, Conductor Max, Jim Butcher, and Pete have jumped off the train and walk toward town.

The others aboard the crocodile locomotive are feverishly attempting to slow it down.

With the rickety wooden bridge in the distance, will Brakes successfully slow or stop the runaway train?

or will Cassandra Crossing be the end of the Emerald's remaining crew, passengers, and the townies escaping Willoughby?

What ever happened to Grill 'n George and Jethro? Are they dead or alive somewhere along the danger tracks?

and will Herman ever change his underwear?

(Steve Thomas is steering the Crocodile in the forward cab with Mark. Brakes and Schmelt are in the rear cab. The others are on top of the roof)

With the rickety wooden bridge in the distance, will Brakes successfully slow or stop the runaway train?

Umm, no? Since there are no brakes and you're zooming towards a giant pit?

Anyway fellas, here's the way I see it: Willoughby can't be an island, right? It's land-locked, and the little voice in my head tells me it's somewhere south of Auburn, in a valley surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains. So basically, if we walk about three hundred ninety miles, we'll make it to LA. And in even less time we're bound to make it to some other city, where we can rent a car (in the meantime we can highjack Lorraine's truck and bring along gas). Now, I'm not sure if you were told this before, but Willoughby used to be big in the logging industry, so I reckon that there has to be some good path outta here.

Get away everyone!! I will try and stop this mishap, even if I have to die with the train that I worked with, if I can just find something to stick it through, into the rear drive line...

Ahh ha, why not using the legendary johnson rod, and stick it in, and pray to god that if we are truly "blessed".... :oh:

*I don't want to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Oh, I'm sorry. :look: You worked with the Emerald Express, remember?

Moi is Master Brakes!!!

If there is a percuilar situation such as this, then its up to me to save the day, I hope! I hope what I have done above, can slow the brakes slowly to optimum speed, so we won't CRASH....

Brakes desperately attempts to do everything he can to slow down the runaway train. As he is doing so, Schmelt discovers a strange rod under the seat of the cabin, that looks a bit like a crowbar.

avschmelt.jpg

Hey! What's this?

avbrakes.jpg

Don't bother me now Schmelt, I'm doing everything I can to slow down this train.

(Clank! Bang... CLINK CLANK Clink! Chhh!)

If I only had some sort of long metal rod that I could push this Universal Crocodile Braking/Starter/Speed Regular Hook with...

avschmelt.jpg

How about this?

avbrakes.jpg

That will never work - I need some sort of crowbar to... Wait! What is that?

avschmelt.jpg

:hmpf:

Brakes rams the rod into the drive train assembly catching the Universal Crocodile Braking/Starter/Speed Regular Hook. Pulling it very slowly, the train speeds up...

avbrakes.jpg

Oops. Wrong way, let's try this... :blush:

avarin.jpg

We're all going to die! We're gonna die!

The crocodile locomotive slows down considerably as everyone grips for disaster over Cassandra Crossing! :cry_sad:

Just then, the train passes it's last junction, #7, turning to the left away from the rickety old bridge.

The train continues to slow down as Herman changes his shorts. A sign along the track reads, "Auburn 550 miles".

Jim, it's our responsibility to get the Emerald back to LA. I was hoping the other LRTS staff would come too, but it seems they won't. So Pete, would you like to become an employee of LRTS? We'll have to walk back to town, but I think we might have enough resources to build a wood burning engine onto the hand cart. If we take the handcart to the mainline brick by brick and build the engine onto it, we might be able to pull the Emerald to its destination.

Bricks? This handcart is made out of pure ABS plastic metal. I don't think we'll be able to combine any of the transports that way. We could grab the handcar, and ride it to where we are now, but lift it off the tracks and put it back on the other track, so that we can avoid Cassandra's Crossing and get to Auburn.

In the meantime, I'd like to pull out my handgun that I found in the mill cellar in case Killn' George or whoever else is wandering around town jumps out at us and tries to kill us.

EDIT: megabluck! Wait up!!!

Oh, that's cool. We had nothing to worry about. Good thing all of those weird jerks jumped off.

NOT! The train "slowed down considerably!" :angry:

*by extreme demand, Pete is back on the train!*

*spits in Pete's eye and kicks him in the face, knocking him off the train and rendering him unconscious...maybe even dead, one can hope.*

That may seem out of character for me, but he was really getting on my damn nerves.

Guys! I was just kidding! April fools! Wait up!!

*waves to Jim who is just a tiny speck in the distance getting smaller by the second.*

Bye Weirdo! :sweet:

Oh, that's cool. We had nothing to worry about. Good thing all of those weird jerks jumped off.

avmayor.jpg

Not quite Herman.

(pointing a gun at the group)

Yes, trust me, it's loaded. Brakes was trying to conceal it but I stole it when we were in the dark tunnel.

Come here David, grab the other weapons.

avmayor.jpg

Not quite Herman.

(pointing a gun at the group)

Yes, trust me, it's loaded. Brakes was trying to conceal it but I stole it when we were in the dark tunnel.

Come here David, grab the other weapons.

Who's David?? :wacko: I keep telling that kid that's not my damn name!! :hmpf_bad:

*sees gun* :cry_sad: Damn it! I just changed my skivvies.

avdavid.jpg

David Gaylord, Town Council member, at your service. :devil:

Well I thought you two were up to something but you said you weren't. *huh* So, are you? Please spell out your dastardly plan. Monologue away instead of just killing us. :hmpf:

Where's the good ol' Winchester when you need it? Damn talkin' dog....Well, I surrender. But, please don't shoot me..

Where's the good ol' Winchester when you need it? Damn talkin' dog....Well, I surrender. But, please don't shoot me..

Surrender to what, though? Woowie, what's going on? :wacko:

aveleanor.jpg

You mean you weren't in cahoots with Jethro?

aveleanor.jpg

You mean you weren't in cahoots with Jethro?

*Throws rocks behind train trying to hit Pete Smith*

Oh man, I thought the mayor was actually good. I'm not actually surprised by anyone else though...

Um... so, the walking people seem to have it good again...

So now that we aren't dying after all (so glad I didn't jump off the train, by the way), the last of the bad guys decide to show themselves. We've had such great luck during this trip...

Oh man, I thought the mayor was actually good.

He was the first one revealed to be a bad guy, don't you remember? Jeb told some of us that the Town Council works under the command of the mayor. He just made them do his dirty work for him so we couldn't really blame him for anything.

So the Town Council was formed of Jethro, Kill'n George, the Gay Lord and the Mayor. Anyone else want to 'fess up? :hmpf_bad:

*continues throwing rocks at Pete Smith*

Where am I getting these rocks? :wacko: