I agree 100% it great that more and more themes are getting double sided heads and news one aswell

Exactly, and there are still heaps of one-sided heads that come out, it's not like they are taking over any time soon.

As for Bricklink, I really need to use it one day, definitely need some parts for my Wayne Manor. But when it comes to getting a fig, I like to buy the set they come in unless it is really, really expensive. Cthulhu will definitely be a set purchase for me.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Im liking the $20 and under setd because TLG always overprices the big ones therefore making them unaffordable to some people(like me and other people here).

Agreed, I can't afford anything more than a $20... usually... I let my relatives buy me the bigger ones for Christmas and my birthday... ;)

I too enjoy the low costs of this theme :classic: just like SP III (in more than one way :alien: ) I will probably get more than half (the cheap ones) and then try to get the more expensive ones ($40 +) from relatives (in this theme that is only 2 {or 3} :sweet: ) of corse this plan doesn't always work (ie; I still don't have max security transport, galactic enforcer, squidies pittstop or thetwin chase set.) but I hope to get a vast majority of them (that crab set ROCKS, especialy the color scheme :oh3: )

\(that crab set ROCKS, especialy the color scheme :oh3: )

Yep. IMO, the two ten dollar sets and the shark the strong points of the theme, very unusual.

Yep. IMO, the two ten dollar sets and the shark the strong points of the theme, very unusual.

I agree (I'd add the leviathan to the list but it's a bit more pricey) and the astonashing part is that they are all less than thirty bucks :cry_happy:

I love the sets, such beautiful crafting, I just can't decide: Power Miners, or Atlantis, or both?? :sceptic:

Edited by The crazy one

I love the sets, such beutiful crafting, I just can't decide: Power Miners, or Atlantis, or both?? :sceptic:

I'd go with Atlantis - the old PM sets seem <insert that tiresome argument>, and the new ones are just plain ugly. Lime green and orange and blue and silver? What were they thinking? Plus, the factions are more balanced in atlantis. For PM the biggest rock monster set is only twenty dollars, whereas the giant squid looks like it could actually be a match for neptune's sub. That's just my opinion, though.

I'd go with Atlantis - the old PM sets seem <insert that tiresome argument>, and the new ones are just plain ugly. Lime green and orange and blue and silver? What were they thinking? Plus, the factions are more balanced in atlantis. For PM the biggest rock monster set is only twenty dollars, whereas the giant squid looks like it could actually be a match for neptune's sub. That's just my opinion, though.

And I think I might abide by it. I really like this new theme, more so than PM. Thanks :tongue:

I'd go with Atlantis - the old PM sets seem <insert that tiresome argument>...
And how are the Atlantis sets not <insert that tiresome argument>? :laugh:

You two don't seem to understand the meaning of the term "<insert that tiresome argument>". It means sets that contain big, blocky parts instead of smaller pieces, and favors playability way over construction. The "4+" sets such as Jack Stone were highly <insert that tiresome argument>, as an example.

Power Miners and Atlantis, on the other hand, have much more detailed and challenging constructions and many "Technic" pieces. Whatever they are, they certainly are not <insert that tiresome argument>. So please don't use the term as a synonym for "bad" or "ugly" or something like that.

The Atlantis sets ARE <insert that tiresome argument>, becouse it isn't Atlanis. An Atlantis theme would be the perfect theme for beautiful Greek temples, instead they're making big ugly unrealistic submarines. :cry_sad:

I actually really like the submarine designs. It's fresh and futuristic-looking.

But what really sells these sets is the creatures. Though I wish they would include some of the minifig-scale animals like octopus and stingray and crab- just for background.

Hopefully the Atlantis city sets will include these

You two don't seem to understand the meaning of the term "<insert that tiresome argument>". It means sets that contain big, blocky parts instead of smaller pieces, and favors playability way over construction. The "4+" sets such as Jack Stone were highly <insert that tiresome argument>, as an example.

Power Miners and Atlantis, on the other hand, have much more detailed and challenging constructions and many "Technic" pieces. Whatever they are, they certainly are not <insert that tiresome argument>. So please don't use the term as a synonym for "bad" or "ugly" or something like that.

All LEGO themes now-a-days are somewhat "<insert that tiresome argument>". The PM have big pieces, they have big wheels, big drills, and overall big pieces. Same with Atlantis, they have Technic pieces to make the big pieces movie or connect. Look at the "new" Airport sets, and fire helicopter, they look like Playmobile.

It's not as bad as it can be, but if you call PMs <insert that tiresome argument> than the same can be said with Atlantis.

However nothing will be as bad as 1998 to about 2002... ick.....

The PM have big pieces, they have big wheels, big drills, and overall big pieces.

That's what I was talking about. I guess Atlantis could be said to have just as many big pieces, but they didn't jump out at me like they did for PM. I mean, at first glance, Thunder Driller appears to be composed of about fifty pieces, because the sides are covered by the ginormous wheels and the front is covered by the ginormous drill. With the Atlantis sets I can discern multiple pieces in most of the major design elements...

The only major juniorisation I see in Atlantis is the big submarine's use of the cement truck piece, which to me is still a very clever use of the piece, and even then the rest of the sub appears to be made superbly with small pieces. I think if one was to look at a lot of older Lego sets they would not be all that less <insert that tiresome argument> than some of these sets.

After looking at the images from the first post, it's cool that we are getting some new pieces, but otherwise this theme does nothing for me.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

'<insert that tiresome argument>'? I really don't see it. I see some pretty sweet designs making good use of SNOT and Technic. I also see some REALLY nice trans-green parts and red vehicle accessories that would all go great in any Space MOCs. I will say that I'm ildly disappointed in the Octopus gate as far as the structure goes. The minifigs and creatures are awesome, but the main attraction leaves something to be desired.

My guess is that winter is for the vehicles, while the summer will feature more actual Atlantis-heavysetswith some vehicles as accessories. Wonder if we'll get King Cthulhu in a cheaper set...

The Atlantis sets ARE <insert that tiresome argument>, becouse it isn't Atlanis. An Atlantis theme would be the perfect theme for beautiful Greek temples, instead they're making big ugly unrealistic submarines. :cry_sad:
How are submarines that are irrelevant to Atlantis "<insert that tiresome argument>"? That is not the definition of that word. Irrelevant is the one.

I don't think that these sets are <insert that tiresome argument> in any way. There are just some larger plating pieces on the submarines which are found in Technic sets. So if these sets are <insert that tiresome argument>, does that mean Technic sets with smooth plating parts are <insert that tiresome argument>?

Nobody has the right to say that anything that anyone wants to call Atlantis isn't Atlantis. The story has been on the public domain for about three thousand years now, which means that anybody can do whatever the heck they want with the idea (including awesome curvacious red submarines) and it will still be Atlantis, because they say it is. I hate SW:CW, but I can't truthfully say it's not Star Wars, because the people who make it say it is, and, in doing so, change the definition of Star Wars to include it. Same with Atlantis.

Plus, you not liking the subject matter of a theme has nothing to do with it being <insert that tiresome argument>. If you had objected to the use of, say, the giant 4x16 slope used in the underwater podracer set, that would have been a matter of juniorization.

Anyone thinking about a release date yet? I'm hopeful that these sets will be out by Christmas.

SPIII sets said "release half December", so I'm guessing these will be about the same time, or a couple weeks before Christmas.

Also, Algernon, go over to your Steam Empire topic. Black Rabbit and I are trying to Frankenstein it.

SPIII sets said "release half December", so I'm guessing these will be about the same time, or a couple weeks before Christmas.

Also, Algernon, go over to your Steam Empire topic. Black Rabbit and I are trying to Frankenstein it.

That's good; sometimes they get sent out to certain stores early, too. Maybe I'll get a hold of these after all.

Lol I will don't worry.

On the subject of juniorization, these sets are perfectly innocent as far as I can tell. Just because the subs look sleek doesn't mean they're <insert that tiresome argument>.

On the subject of juniorization, these sets are perfectly innocent as far as I can tell. Just because the subs look sleek doesn't mean they're <insert that tiresome argument>.

I think that's what's getting people. But all the greebles on the sides of the subs (especially the big one) look fgreat, and from what I can see it look like there's controls in them too!

I just looked at all of the pictures very carefully and none of them seem very junurized to me :classic:

I just wish the giant squid looked cooler :hmpf_bad: