Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Picked up the RC set from Argos- really great little set- couldn't resist this shot :wink:

4222164355_84332e2acc_b.jpg

^^^^ "No Buzz, I am your father!"

YES ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

I was wondering when someone would do something with Vadar and Buzz, but you'll confuse him as in TS2 Zurg tells him the same thing ! (poor Buzz)

I picked up the Green Army Men on Patrol and the quality is great. Needless to say, this set is the best out of the entire series :cry_happy: (and the only one that is actually worth buying).

Train!

Toy Story Train!

Loved Toy Story and I love trains, so I think this is a no-brainer for me.

I made the mistake of letting the Hogwarts Express slip and I'm regretting it.

Loved Toy Story and I love trains, so I think this is a no-brainer for me.

I made the mistake of letting the Hogwarts Express slip and I'm regretting it.

Why does the pig have hair? :wacko:

Why does the pig have hair? :wacko:

The pig's name is 'Ham' and I think that is a hat, in TS2 he is wearing that same hat while Andy is play a game with the Ham and green army guys as the baddies and Woody/Buzz combo saves the day comming to the rescue of Little Bo Peep. :sweet:

Happy New Year, Legoliner Pilot and everyone else. :sweet:

The pig's name is 'Ham' and I think that is a hat, in TS2 he is wearing that same hat while Andy is play a game with the Ham and green army guys as the baddies and Woody/Buzz combo saves the day comming to the rescue of Little Bo Peep. :sweet:

That was Mr. Potatohead's bowler he was wearing in that scene, but although I'd love to finally get a Lego bowler, I don't think this is one. Not only does that scene in TS2 have nothing to do with this train from TS3, but it looks like a normal old conductor's hat to me.

All sets (including Zurg!) are now available on S@H. Still no update on the mini-site though.

Nice pic, smokebelch. Very funny! Poor Buzz must be so confused right now. :laugh:

943.jpg

Has anyone else seen this picture? Apparently he's Mr. Pricklepants the Thespian hedgehog. He's a new character in the third Toy Story and is played by Timothy Dalton. :laugh:

Do you think there is a chance we'll be getting a minifig of him? I hope so, he looks like a great character, and he seems important since he's the first officialy announced new character. Hopefully he will show up if the license continues after 2010.

Reaper052 :skull:

Just got Cunstruct-a-Zurg from Wal*Mart! :thumbup: I wont be doing a reveiw on it though. :hmpf_bad:

Its strange because the cape comes in a big cape holder thing, making it look like a businees letter enveloep.

And the bag has a 3 on it, though theres only one big bag... Must be a mistake.

Kiddiwinks says that Garbage Truck Getaway will be a Toys'R'Us exclusive....http://www.kiddiwinks.co.za/LEGOShop/index.php?cPath=550_555_836

That was Mr. Potatohead's bowler he was wearing in that scene, but although I'd love to finally get a Lego bowler, I don't think this is one. Not only does that scene in TS2 have nothing to do with this train from TS3, but it looks like a normal old conductor's hat to me.

You must have better eye sight or a bigger hi-res screen than me 'Oky Wan Kenobi', if that is a conductors hat anyway it might make sense one way, but another question is all of the previews I've seen - Where's the train ? What part does it play ?

I know we have not seen the purple bear yet neither, I guess Disney wants to keep a few things under wraps.

The microsite has been updated. The story section is quite humorous. I especially like the one for the LGM. :alien: It's disappointing though that all four army men have the same text. I would have expected that least the medic would have a different story. Oh well.

They also started airing a commercial on TV for the RC and spaceship sets. It has a funny story where Zurg steals Buzz' ship and Woody and Buzz take it back by launching "The Big One" at him. :tongue: I'll post it if I find it online or manage to record it.

Oh, and during my last visit to the Lego Store, I noticed something interesting in one of the showcases: Next to the 10195 AT-OT with Dropship they had a little army of LGMs. :laugh: I hope TLG comes up with a cheap way to aquire these guys because I'd love to have an army of them! :wub:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Instructions available on Lego.com; they are hidden under the "TS" theme.

Thanks 'The Cobra' :thumbup::sweet: , spot on I'll try and download Woody's Roundup if it's not being hit like crazy !

We're getting a Rex minifig in the train set :wub:

Edited by simonjedi

So I've got all of the new Toy Story sets.

My favourite of all, the little aliens! They are so, so good.

The Army Men are also a highlight, I think their 'stand' really makes them and the suitcase that the medic carries is also a nice touch.

The Construct-a-Buzz is just a little bit small, the visor doesn't close 'flush' and you can pull off many poses with him. Similarly, the big Zurg is just a bit too simple really.

The Spaceship is nice, it fits in very well with the theme I think.

The pull back mechanism on the toy car is great - if you have hard flooring, or anything not carpet, it really whizzes across the floor at quite a pace. I should think that kids will love it.

On the microsite, they now have the Claw Game.

Also, here is a pic of the Western Train set without the watermark:

I really wonder how poseable the Rex fig will be.

Edited by Svelte
image snipped

Also, here is a final box art of the Western Train set:

*snip*

Actually that's just the same preliminary picture that we have seen before but someone has photoshoped away the confidential mark. See that the piece count still says XXX and how blurry that picture is where the mark was before? I think we shouldn't post that picture even if it doesn't have the mark on it - it's obviously supposed to be there. :sceptic:

I know, I already noticed that and edited my post. :wink: I will let Svelte decide whether we can post it or not.

Darn it, that's exactly the kinda set I wanted for the Indy line. It looks like the Last Crusade circus train too...

Oh well... ;)

Edited by Svelte
snipped image

On the microsite, they now have the Claw Game.

*snip*

Thanks for the news Oky Wan! I was waiting for that game to come out. :laugh:

And thanks for reposting the pic of 7597 Western Train! I haven't seen the pic in quite a while, even though I saved it to my flash drive. :grin:

I know, I already noticed that and edited my post. :wink: I will let Svelte decide whether we can post it or not.

Yes, the image has clearly been Photoshopped to remove the watermark. Since we respect the spirit *and* the letter of the law here, I think it is best not to post it (I bet Brickset takes it down soon too - a rare lapse of judgment for them).

Thanks.

Does anyone know if they're planning a Construct-a-Woody or a Construct-a-Jessie or a Construct-a-Stinky Pete? Or maybe like a large set including a Construst-a-Woody with a Construct-a-his-horse?

I was browsing upcoming Lego titles at work today, they had things like the Pizza Planet delivery truck and the Train Chase, but no Construct-a-Characters. I'm a bit surprised because I assumed they were going to be an ongoing concept. It works so well... the large Buzz and Zurg and and the two Aliens and the Green Army Men are all in scale with each other.

Even if somebody knew, they probably wouldn't be allowed to tell us. :wink:

Either way, I doubt it. Buzz & Zurg worked well because they are rather robotic-looking characters. I mean, could you really imagine a good Construct-a-Woody with such blocky arms and legs? :sceptic: Plus Woody doesn't have a blaster or anything, so the set wouldn't have any playability (except maybe a sound brick in the back that says "I have a snake in my boot" :tongue: ).

Oh, and the aliens aren't to scale with the constraction figs. In the pic below you can see that they would have to be much taller:

Toy-Story-2-pixar-116966_1024_768.jpg

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Even if somebody knew, they probably wouldn't be allowed to tell us. :wink:

Either way, I doubt it. Buzz & Zurg worked well because they are rather robotic-looking characters. I mean, could you really imagine a good Construct-a-Woody with such blocky arms and legs? :sceptic: Plus Woody doesn't have a blaster or anything, so the set wouldn't have any playability (except maybe a sound brick in the back that says "I have a snake in my boot" :tongue: ).

Oh, and the aliens aren't to scale with the constraction figs. In the pic below you can see that they would have to be much taller:

toy-story-cast.jpg

The pic is not showing. Bittercaramel's account has been inactive for 90 days apparently... :sceptic: