Christian

City 2010

To be honest, how many children buy their lego stuff by themself with their "own" money (what they anyway get from their parents)? I almost don't see that ever, at least here, most times always parents or grandparents are buying the sets for children. Never saw a child that went to a toy store alone and bought lego sets on its own.

Thank you for that link. I am confused, however, on which one is the final design? This:

or this?

The first one doesn't have a Preliminary stamp on it, so it might be a final, but at the same time, it might not be because the pig in the picture appears to be a mock-up instead of a finalized design.

I've already requested that pic not to be posted as it's clearly preliminary with the sculpted pig.

I've already requested that pic not to be posted as it's clearly preliminary with the sculpted pig.

You have my sincere apologizes, 'Hinckley'.

I hope you had a good Christmas.

Back on topic - the fire station has now joined S@H for Australia and I guess the rest of the world.

Toysrus in the uk now have the fire helicopter and all toy story sets on thier site, currently saying they are sold out though

Thanks whung! :thumbup: I had a feeling that we would be getting a house out of the City line sooner or later!

I also noticed on that site " 8683 LEGO Minifigures " and "8684 Minifig - vol 2" which I think are the same price as the minifigure collection from last year!

Can't wait!

EDIT: Those are the special minifigures that have been discussed forever now. Duh.

-darthperson

Edited by darthperson

Again Kiddiwinks LEGO online shop revealed more 2010 set news.

2824 LEGO City Advent Calendar (already announced in Brickset)

7848 TRU Truck (TRU Excl)

8403 City House

8404 Fan Choice???

with some selling price for reference.

I think 7848 and 8404 are very interesting, particularly relating to the well known TRU Exclusive set which we chose from the city square, public transportation centre, and truck stop.

I have checked the price information at that South Africa website, noting that 8404 should be a big set, but it seems not super big like 10184 because the price is even a bit cheaper than the original price of 7744 Police Station (before discount).

My fear is, with 3221 LEGO Truck, and 7848 TRU Truck (which sounds like a medium-sized set similar to 7686 with reference to its price as checked at that website), our TRU exclusive fan-choice set tends to be (the least preferred) Truck Stop!!! :cry_sad::cry_sad: Another reason for my fear is that the price is not high enough and just does not seem right for a public transportation centre with monorail/ train station (the price could still be possible for a small city square though... )

For 8403, the price is for a medium-size set (smaller than 7641 based on price information), but nevertheless since it is in City theme, so it should be a very long belated return of minifig-dwelling, furnished with furniture and interior decoration house!!!

Good luck, City fans... :skull:

Edited by Alywin

Aha. Now I see. :tongue:

I can't wait for Klaus-Dieter's reaction to the fact that is a family house coming up...

:laugh: Expect large, bold font :laugh:

Ok, Kiddwinks price for Impulse sets is 40 Rands (on sale, 35 Rands). Their price for "Minifigures" is 21 Rands.

Having those Ltd.Ed. figs for half the price of an Impulse sets would be just great.

I'm really looking forward to the house. Hopefully it will have a full interior with furniture and kitchen goods, such as washing machine, oven and fridge.

More importantly this is a perfect opportunity for Lego to give us new civilian minigiures. Unfortunately, they will probably be old minifigs which are already available everywhere else. This annoys me greatly - particularly as other themes always get new moulds even for the most random objects.

Come on Lego, give us some new civilians with decent outfits and new faces. A female head with glasses anyone?

Great find... sounds promising. And the speculation about the TRU exclusive remains... only now we have a set number :grin:

Thank you very much for the new pics, everyone and the information on new sets, AllanSmith and whung! :classic:

I can't wait for Klaus-Dieter's reaction to the fact that is a family house coming up...

Here I am. :grin:

3221 Lego Truck :thumbup:

-

much too long

+

great design

:wub: Lego sets

Now we even need a Lego Store in which these sets are sold!

2824 LEGO City Advent Calendar :thumbup:

I awaited an advent calendar for 2010 of course, too, but it's great to see it been confirmed.

7848 TRU Truck :sceptic:

It's hard to say since we do not know which kind of truck this should be - but suppsoably it'll be again a very huge one.

8404 "Fan Choice" :sceptic:

I am really surprised that it will supposably not be around 150 Euros (like 10184) but more like 10193 (100 Euros). Like Alywin already mentioned I consequently fear that it will be the truck stop.

8403 City House :wub:

That sound really amazing! Like it was already mentioned I hope that it'll come with a decent interior and some nice minifigs - perfect would be a whole family with mother, father, son and daughter.

Klaus-Dieter

G'day everyone, those minfig packs (8663 & 8664) might be the mystery triple packs with the clown, cheerleader, etc., in.

Now a house - OH YEAH !!!!!

What's this - 'Fans Choice' - mmm, well here's something that might help.

TRU_Truck_Stop.bmp (sorry for it being a bmp file)

Note - the yellow Lego truck, streamlined prime mover and of course fuel tanker.

Do you think we'll get a motel or a restaurant ?

Edited by lightningtiger

Does anyone besides me wonder if the TRU truck might actually be a Toys R Us Semi truck done in LEGO? It seems redundant to say TRU Truck (TRU Exclusive). Why not say "Truck (TRU Exclusive)"? Unless of course it is actually a TRU truck, *and* exclusive to TRU.

8404 "Fan Choice" :sceptic:

I am really surprised that it will supposably not be around 150 Euros (like 10184) but more like 10193 (100 Euros). Like Alywin already mentioned I consequently fear that it will be the truck stop.

I have to agree with you. If it would be the truck stop... Then it won't come in my house. Where would I place that?! In my little LEGO tabletown? That doesn't fit at all, a truck stop. I've only seen some truck stops on the main roads and those aren't in my neighbourhood at all... They don't make sense in small towns, I hope LEGO thought like that and made something way nicer to have. :thumbup:

Could we be seeing a new sub-theme only lightly touch on in the past - road transport !

The last truck stop was a TownJr ( :cry_sad: ) and before that the year was 1987 for this.

6393-1.jpg

I would guess this possible truck stop could be losely based around this one, but on a grander scale.

Lego has done only a truck here and there, never a whole sub-theme for this area.

Last year must have been the start with the garage and now it will continue with road and rail transport.

Hey, maybe Lego might do a 'Greyhound' type bus ?

Is the 8403 City House a creator set? For some reason I keep thinking I read there was a new creator house coming this year.

If it would be the truck stop... Then it won't come in my house.

:thumbup:

I totally agree. If it's something like the last garage then I'll just ignore it. Then again, we'll just have to wait and see.

@lightningtiger

You 're throwing gasoline in the fire now! :sing:

What a great, beautiful set that was! :wub::wub::wub:

Oh memories... :blush:

Take me down to a paradise ride, where things are simple and the cars 4 wide!

From Bricks 'n' Roses

:wink:

I think you are thinking of 5891 Apple Tree House.

Yes, but 8403 is still a City set. Can you get us a picture of the 101211?

Anyway, we are in DESPERATE need of some new torsos and faces. Examples:

973pb86c01.jpg

This has been used in 19 sets, 17 of which are in the City theme ALONE!

973pb410c01.jpg

This has been used in 19 sets, all of which are City.

3626bpb193.jpg

This has been used in 42 sets, 39 of which are in City!

3626bpx301.jpg

This has appeared in 47 sets!

3626bpb041.gif

This has been used in 7 City sets already.

3626bpb242.jpg

This has been used in 9 City sets!

3626bpb121.jpg

This has been used in 47 sets.

3626bpb050.jpg

This has been used in 21 sets!

973pb274c02.gif

This has been used in 10 sets.

3626bpb204.jpg

This has been used in 47 sets!

Not to mention that many sets have the same minifigures. This happens a lot in City and Pirates, mostly in Construction and small sets.