• Senate Murders
    • Cat and Mouse
    • Bounty Hunters
    • The Zillo Beast
    • The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
    • Death Trap
    • R2 Come Home
    • Lethal Trackdown

Personally, I just need a month of no cartoons. But, I'll start on Season 3 before it ends, I don't want it to lag sooo much the next round.

That's perfectly understandable; watching cartoons, trying to get good screenshots of certain objects then posting a worded review here on EB isn't an easy business. You deserve the break IMO, but I can't wait for your next review!

Lord Embo

I think season two was pretty good, but I am hoping season 3 goes back to a little more Grievous and the war itself, not as much with bounty hunters. Does anyone know what this Darth Maul secrets thing is? I saw the trailer but I don't know if it is just a small promotional thing or if Savage or whatever his name is will become another Sith on the show. I think that would be pretty awesome and make for some epic battles.

Does anyone know what this Darth Maul secrets thing is? I saw the trailer but I don't know if it is just a small promotional thing or if Savage or whatever his name is will become another Sith on the show. I think that would be pretty awesome and make for some epic battles.

I think Savage Opress will replace Ventress as Dooku's assassin/apprentice.

Lord Embo

If savage replaces Ventress that will mean once and for all that 2003 clone wars is non canon. I quite like Ventress, however any relative of Maul is a must see for me (Maul FTW. Even if he is yellow.

Season finale Grievous, Ventress, and Savage V Obi, Ani, Asoka (Asoka dies :thumbup: Ventress runs :thumbdown: and Savage? :cry_sad: )

Please keep the discussions in this thread to Season 1 & 2 episodes (for now). Everything else belongs in the Season 3 discussion topic in the Multimedia forum. :classic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I don't see the point of Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth being in The Clone Wars as neither really did much when they appeared in that episode(forgot the name) and I don't think we'll ever see them in Lego outside of custom minifigs.

End of rant about pointless Jedi.

Lord Embo

I don't see the point of Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth being in The Clone Wars as neither really did much when they appeared in that episode(forgot the name) and I don't think we'll ever see them in Lego outside of custom minifigs.

Lord Embo

I think the general idea of involving rather unknown Jedi in the action is a good one. However, many too many episodes still only evolve around Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka, or even Padme (noticed that each episode with Padme in it is rather boring?). Koth is a cool Jedi; as far as I know, his fate isn't decided yet, so we could see him a couple of times again before he gets to die (which, eventually, has to be the case).

Gallia was in a season 3 trailer, so she'll be back again, but we already know she dies at the hands of Grievous.

I'm still waiting for more episodes with Mace Windu, Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto. The only "unknown" Jedi to get a role in many episodes is Plo Koon so far.

Lord Embo

Such strong sentiments against Adi and Eeth eh? I agree they have not been portrayed very well in the CW series (yet), but calling them outright 'pointless' is absolutely absurd IMO, and even more absurd is predicting that they won't appear as future minifigs. Talk about clairvoyance. :hmpf: Do you know what will happen to these jedi in the series? Have you seen the rest of Series 3, and the next series after that? What if suddenly Adi and Eeth did something significant and heroic that trumps even what other more prominent Jedi have accomplished? Will your mind change regarding them?

Do you know what will happen to these jedi in the series? Have you seen the rest of Series 3, and the next series after that? What if suddenly Adi and Eeth did something significant and heroic that trumps even what other more prominent Jedi have accomplished? Will your mind change regarding them?

Possibly. It depends on how heroic that act is and whether any better known Jedi do anything heroic around the same time. It will be down to comparisons if this is the case.

Lord Embo

Lord Embo

I actually hope that they will focus more on these kind of characters as opposed to the main, who to be honest were already swamped in events even before the Clone Wars show started, every episode they added after that involving either Anakin or Obi-Wan made me go; "Woaw, they sure have busy lives, aren't there any other Jedi the council could send to that back-water planet they have just been sent too".

Happy to see Season 3 seems to be less focused on the main characters (except for Ahsoka and Padme, but they weren't yet swamped by events yet so that's not too bad). As for Minifigures, who wouldn't want a Jedi Council during any point of the PT and an added Eeth and Adi get you two steps closer to that goal, not to mention Adi is only one step away from a Stass Allie figure and Eeth only one step away from a Agen Kolar figure (more jedi council members for those who don't know).

Such strong sentiments against Adi and Eeth eh? I agree they have not been portrayed very well in the CW series (yet), but calling them outright 'pointless' is absolutely absurd IMO, and even more absurd is predicting that they won't appear as future minifigs. Talk about clairvoyance. default_hmpf.gif Do you know what will happen to these jedi in the series? Have you seen the rest of Series 3, and the next series after that? What if suddenly Adi and Eeth did something significant and heroic that trumps even what other more prominent Jedi have accomplished? Will your mind change regarding them?

I must agree. Koth was clearly important- the entire epsode revolved around him. Adi, agreed, didn't do much, but we know she's in the coming Savaage episode. For all we know, she could be the one to defeat him.

I actually hope that they will focus more on these kind of characters as opposed to the main, who to be honest were already swamped in events even before the Clone Wars show started, every episode they added after that involving either Anakin or Obi-Wan made me go; "Woaw, they sure have busy lives, aren't there any other Jedi the council could send to that back-water planet they have just been sent too".

Happy to see Season 3 seems to be less focused on the main characters (except for Ahsoka and Padme, but they weren't yet swamped by events yet so that's not too bad). As for Minifigures, who wouldn't want a Jedi Council during any point of the PT and an added Eeth and Adi get you two steps closer to that goal, not to mention Adi is only one step away from a Stass Allie figure and Eeth only one step away from a Agen Kolar figure (more jedi council members for those who don't know).

I do see your point. What do these other Jedi do while Anakin and Obi Wan are fighting again the Seperatists on whatever planet they may be on? The good news of Season 3 is that Saesee Tiin will make an appearance soon.

Lord Embo

I recently purchased and rewatched season 2 on blu ray so I've finally read these reviews. Thanks guys, some interesting thoughts.

I do see your point. What do these other Jedi do while Anakin and Obi Wan are fighting again the Seperatists on whatever planet they may be on? The good news of Season 3 is that Saesee Tiin will make an appearance soon.

Lord Embo

Well would happen to Lucas if his major money spinning toy lines suffered massive sales loses because kids wont buy random Jedi number 6, and Ani and Obi no longer appeared? :laugh:

Well would happen to Lucas if his major money spinning toy lines suffered massive sales loses because kids wont buy random Jedi number 6, and Ani and Obi no longer appeared? :laugh:

But what if you turn 'random Jedi number 6' into a recurring character, new options to make money perhaps? Even Obi-Wan and Anakin had to start somewhere. Look at Jar-jar for instance, he didn't even exist before '99, but he became quite popular among the kiddies then.

Besides there is a difference between adding a new character(or semi-unknown character) and replacing Obi-Wan and Anakin with it/him/her. and to be honest this is exactly what they seem to be doing season 3 with Savage Opress for instance, they are adding a (possible) moneymaker, not taking out another.

Sorry for the off-topic.

But what if you turn 'random Jedi number 6' into a recurring character, new options to make money perhaps?

Besides there is a difference between adding a new character(or semi-unknown character) and replacing Obi-Wan and Anakin with it/him/her. and to be honest this is exactly what they seem to be doing season 3 with Savage Opress for instance, they are adding a (possible) moneymaker, not taking out another.

Sorry to continue this off-topic discussion, but here goes.

The problem with continuously making new characters all the time is deciding what happens to them after the end of The Clone Wars. They're making so many new characters these days that I really can't tell what's canon and what's not canon anymore when it comes to The Clone Wars! :hmpf_bad:

If you're reading Lucas; stop making new characters and give already existing characters that haven't had a chance at the big time a chance to prove themselves.

End of rant.

Lord Embo

Sorry to continue this off-topic discussion, but here goes.

The problem with continuously making new characters all the time is deciding what happens to them after the end of The Clone Wars. They're making so many new characters these days that I really can't tell what's canon and what's not canon anymore when it comes to The Clone Wars! :hmpf_bad:

If you're reading Lucas; stop making new characters and give already existing characters that haven't had a chance at the big time a chance to prove themselves.

End of rant.

Lord Embo

Heh, I believe everything 'the clone wars' is considers canon by Lucas unless it conflicts with the movies(the fans just don't always agree), but I agree, rather see them work existing characters into the story. Would have love to have seen Durge (who has already made a few EU appearances) instead of Savage(not too mention a dozen an episode named clones). but that brings us back to the beginning, I don't think it's bad idea to include more Adi and Eeth into the clone wars, since they both existed well before the series.

I have so far enjoyed the first 2 or 3 episodes of the Clone Wars, but when they removed the Clones, then it wasn't nearly as great. I mean, why else is it called "The Clone Wars"? :tongue: I am looking forward to when Savage Oppress comes out, and when Delta Squad comes into the story(as the rumours say). However, I have enjoyed seeing some cool guys in there. Such as Vos, and Bane. But I am very disappointed by the very small amount of fighting/Clone troopers. I hope they bring them back in soon.

Overall, I think it has been interesting so far, but I just wish they would bring in the clones again, especially some new Clone commander/captains!

I mean, why else is it called "The Clone Wars"? :tongue:

I am looking forward to when Savage Oppress comes out, and when Delta Squad comes into the story(as the rumours say).

But I am very disappointed by the very small amount of fighting/Clone troopers. I hope they bring them back in soon.

Overall, I think it has been interesting so far, but I just wish they would bring in the clones again, especially some new Clone commander/captains!

1)Exactly. It might as well be called "The Jedi Wars" because it always seems to be about the Jedi more than the Clones one way or another. :hmpf_bad:

2)Who isn't? Considering that Savage Opress will have a dual-bladed lightsaber and the game that Delta Squad appeared in was brilliant to play. I'm glad they're entering the world of canon outside of a video game.

3)I agree. I liked the episodes with the Clones more(generally) than those with the Jedi or the Senate(some Jedi ones are just as enjoyable though). :grin:

4)I'd like to see some new Clone Commanders, Captains, or even both too! Unfortunately though, we're just going to have to accept what we get as time passes.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

Lord Embo

Well I like new characters but what if they just put the same characters in every episode (Like Anakin) would it not get boring with every episode based on him?

And there are not many old characters left to put in (Correct me if I missed some) some characters left to put in are: Saesee Tinn(We already know we will see him) Agen Kolar, Po Nudo, Passel Argente(Appeared in comic but I don't count that), Oppo Rancissis, Cin Drallig, Serra Keto, Depa Biliba, Dexter Jettster, Captain Panaka, Even Piell, Watto, Rune Haako, Zett Jukassa, Padme's family.

Okay there are a good amount (I don't want to cluster this thread with them all so i'm leaving it at that.)

Here are some new characters I liked though: ARC Commander Colt, 99, Domino Squad, Bravo squad, Ponds, Hondo Ohnaka, Wag Too, All Clones, Thi-Sen, Todo 360, Cad Bane, Keeli, Commando Droids, Satine(At times),Nahdar Vebb, Nuvo Vindi, Pre Viszla, Embo and Sugi.

New characters I don't like: Tee Watt Kaa,Greedo, Tactical Droid, Robonino, Aramis, Sib Canay, Ziro The Hutt and Prime Minister Almec.

Edited by commanderneyo

Well I like new characters but what if they just put the same characters in every episode (Like Anakin) would it not get boring with every episode based on him?

Here are some new characters I liked though: ARC Commander Colt, 99, Domino Squad, Bravo squad, Ponds, Hondo Ohnaka, Wag Too, All Clones, Thi-Sen, Todo 360, Cad Bane, Keeli, Commando Droids, Satine(At times),Nahdar Vebb, Nuvo Vindi, Pre Viszla, Embo and Sugi.

1)I suppose it would get ever so slightly boring, but at least it would be easier to keep things canon.

2)Like you said, many of the new characters are brilliant but I really don't want them to take it too far with new characters(some of which have no interesting part to play in the Star Wars history outside of politics and some of which died in the first and only episode they appeared in).

Please Lucas, don't make too many more new characters and stop making episodes of The Clone Wars about politics! :hmpf_bad:

Lord Embo

2)Who isn't? Considering that Savage Opress will have a dual-bladed lightsaber and the game that Delta Squad appeared in was brilliant to play. I'm glad they're entering the world of canon outside of a video game.

They did that a while ago. They apeared in the book seires Republic Commando by karen Traviss. Frankly, IMO that's much more canon than the CW.

They did that a while ago. They apeared in the book seires Republic Commando by karen Traviss.

Oh. :wacko: I didn't know that they'd already appeared in a comic; I for one don't really read the Star Wars comics and books, I just like the films and TV series.

Lord Embo

Sorry for the double post, but have the episodes with Savage Opress aired yet?

Lord Embo

No, we won't see Savage until January, unfortunately.

BTW, it has been stated that the Republic Commando's role in the series will be a small one. Opress, on the other hand, will be one of the main characters.