Sign in to follow this  
Go Cubs Go!

Do you think they should make a Star Trek Theme

Star Trek LEGO  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it should be done?

• Yes!
    • No!

I have been thinking over the last few days that TLC should add a Star Trek Theme. One of the sets should of course be the enterprise. I f you have any other set ideas please post. Thanks!

From,Go Cubs Go! :grin:

I for one would love it. But I don't see it happening for two reasons:

1) Mega Bloks has that license. (It may have expired by now, but I'm unsure.)

2) I don't think LucasFilm would be too pleased. (In fact, I've heard rumors that LEGO's contract with LucasFilm prevents them from licensing other big scifi properties, especially Trek!)

Exploriens in 1996 had a couple of Star Trek references. I think their logo, as seen here, was inspired by something from Trek. The S@H catalog description for the Explorien Starship also said "This menacing starship makes the Starship Enterprise look like a tub toy!" so it would be a little odd if they made an Enterprise now. :laugh:

Edited by CP5670

No thanks, it might be nice but there are better possible licenses out there.

As a ex-Trekkie I've given this a lot of thought over the years, but I don't really think it'd work. Star Trek has always been odd in that small one-man ships are a rarity. I don't disagree with that future vision; in fact I think it's more likely, but it does make it hard to make a LEGO line based on the ships. On the other hand, Star Trek ships often look like they borrow parts from other ships, the Nebula-class is a good example;

250px-USS_Sutherland.jpg

It looks like a modified Galaxy-class. Using this established trend you could have a Build-a-Federation-ship set that included several nacelle, dish and engineering hull designs that you could then mix-and-match! :grin:

The S@H catalog description for the Explorien Starship also said "This menacing starship makes the Starship Enterprise look like a tub toy!" so it would be a little odd if they made an Enterprise now. :laugh:

:tongue: Do you have a date and/or scan of that?

:tongue: Do you have a date and/or scan of that?

It's actually in one of the Mania Magazines, the January 1996 issue. I don't have a scanner handy but I took a picture.

Edited by CP5670

I added a poll... and voted no.

It's actually in one of the Mania Magazines, the January 1996 issue. I don't have a scanner handy but I took a picture.

Thanks! I love that line.

I voted no because I barely know anything about Star Trek. :grin:

Thanks for the picture of that line, CP5670. :laugh:

I also voted no. I rarely watched ST and have absolutely nothing against it. I just think Lego should cut Licenses and stand on its ground.

I voted yes beacouse i would like to see it, but i dont think it is possible due to the Star Wars license. Also i dont think Star Trek will sell much among the kids, it mainly a series for teens/adults.

If however it would be done these are the sets i´d like to see:

Enterprise (of course)

Borg vessels

Klingon vessels

Romulan vessels

Kahn´s hangout from Wrath of Kahn

Small shuttle

Kirk fight big lizardman with really slow oldschool punches impulse set (is that not a catchy name for a set or what :tongue: )

plus more scenes aboard the enterprise or other ships

I voted no

I don't think LEGO could catch the look of the enterprise well.

Or it would be something like this

And what I have seen of enterprise, there wouldn't be enough Material for small & medium size sets.

But some UCS would be great.

PS: Lego should do a Babylon 5 theme. That would be so awesome

Even though I really like Star Trek, I had to say "no". I think that if lego made Star Trek, there would be even less focus on the core themes and we would end up with a lot of <insert that tiresome argument> pieces in order to produce the nice streamline shape of the hull. Also, if the other licensed lines are any sign, the Star Trek sets would be rather expensive. And if that was true, I would rather just make my own.

Edited by Randamatrix

Yeah, I've always wanted Star Trek Lego - either the original series or The Next Generation. Captain Kirk on this site produces custom Lego decals so I'm trying to build up an Enterprise bridge set.

If however it would be done these are the sets i´d like to see:

Enterprise (of course)

Borg vessels

Klingon vessels

Romulan vessels

Kahn´s hangout from Wrath of Kahn

Small shuttle

Kirk fight big lizardman with really slow oldschool punches impulse set (is that not a catchy name for a set or what :tongue: )

plus more scenes aboard the enterprise or other ships

Those would be cool - a Klingon Bird Of Prey, a shuttle craft, Picard's dune buggy from the last TNG film, the Gorn! Perhaps they could do modular Enterprise sets - the bridge, sick bay, engingeering, etc.

The problem for Lego of course is that there aren't enough little vehicles they could use for sets - that's the strength of the Star Wars universe.

Would be very cool though.

No. Not in a million years, or even a million-and-one years, Never.

Hard choice.It would be nice but it might also mean good-bye to SW :cry_sad::wacko::cry_sad:
Indeed, and there are way, way more Star Wars fans than Star Trek fans. Think about how much money Lego could potentially lose by making a ST line. Edited by booger540

PS: Lego should do a Babylon 5 theme. That would be so awesome

Heck ya! It probably wouldn't be considered -- but if it did, like Star Wars, Babylon 5 has so much to draw from developing sets of all sizes should be easy. Who wouldn't love to have a minifig-scale Starfury?