How much do you want elves?

Elves?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you want them?

• I have to have them
    • I'd buy them, but...
    • I'm not interested in any more fantasy stuff
    • Depends on the sets

I don't think it can last forever, there used to be much more sets coming out.

But Castle has already been around "forever". It's pretty much the only theme along with City and Space that has been continually around since the 80's. Sure, it has changed many times in the process, but each year we've gotten sets that revolve around castles and pseudo-medieval style.

Also, while nothing new has been anounced for Castle for 2010; the Castle line has been a summer line these past few years. It's very possible that we won't hear anything concrete until the winter holidays.

Our most reliable sources here (such as legomilk) have already confirmed that Castle will be back for 2010. There's just nothing about which form it will take. If there really won't be any elves next year, I'm sensing they will add a new human faction into the mix (since Crownies are getting a bit self-repeating and monotonous already), and maybe expand the MMV, since it has gotten such a warm welcome. But these are just my guesses.

... elves in promotional materiel had simply been an artists need to fill in some space.

Wow, that's quite emotionally charged filler for some people :hmpf: They should be more careful not to falsely rise peoples hopes for certain products :cry_sad: Well, let's hope for the best because this year in Castle is a bit disappointing for me.

Wow, that's quite emotionally charged filler for some people :hmpf:They should be more careful not to falsely rise peoples hopes for certain products :cry_sad: Well, let's hope for the best because this year in Castle is a bit disappointing for me.

People tend to do that on their own. One piece of promotional art does not a new line make :yoda: .

What I'm confused about is why Steve Witt was so blunt about the fact that there are no elves forthcoming, usually with corporations its maybe, maybe not, but straight up no?

So to say again, Lego's North American office says "No elves, and there never will be."

Is there a different official statement that says this? I didn't get "never will be" from what Steve Witt said.

Edit: In the thread that got closed I mentioned that TLG would be crazy to ignore the excitement that is brewing over elves in all the different forums that discuss castle. I still think that. And its such a natural progression, c'mon we already have dwarfs and orcs, what do they have against the fair folk?

Edited by Johnny 5

And its such a natural progression, c'mon we already have dwarfs and orcs, what do they have against the fair folk?

They're all homophobes! :tongue:

Jokes aside, I don't understand this either. :sceptic: But I've given up hope after reading these news, so if elves do happen at some point in the future, I'll be utterly (but pleasantly) surprised.

Ahab out................................

I think you may have forgotten something.

What I'm confused about is why Steve Witt was so blunt about the fact that there are no elves forthcoming, usually with corporations its maybe, maybe not, but straight up no?

I believe there is two reasons why Steve Witt was so blunt.

1. The are no Elves sets coming out.

2. To make everyone stop asking and distract us from Forestmen themed sets.

I would love to see Forestmen again, or Elves, it just doesn't seem that we will get Elves for now, so maybe the direct blunt answer was a distraction, to put and end to the rumours and lead us away from any further speculation of Forestmen. According to Stash2sixx from Brickworld, no one asked about Forestmen when Elves were rejected so bluntly (Obv all in shock)

I would love to see Forestmen again, or Elves, it just doesn't seem that we will get Elves for now, so maybe the direct blunt answer was a distraction, to put and end to the rumours and lead us away from any further speculation of Forestmen. According to Stash2sixx from Brickworld, no one asked about Forestmen when Elves were rejected so bluntly (Obv all in shock)

Forestmen (Forestpeople in this enlightened age? :grin:) is possible but I have my doubts. Unless they're 'evil' forestmen, it doesn't seem likely that TLG would introduce a new human faction to replace the Crownies. And I can't see two human factions peacefully coexisting considering the flavour of the rest of TLG's lines.

Still, 3 years in, the line does need a shot in the arm. We've had all the major players since the release of Dwarves' Mine at the end of 2007, so by 2010 we need at least one entirely new element to the theme.

On the other hand, wasn't there a blunt official denial about new Pirates last year when the first bits and pieces of the new minifigs were found assembled in that one Lego store display case? :wacko:

On the other hand, wasn't there a blunt official denial about new Pirates last year when the first bits and pieces of the new minifigs were found assembled in that one Lego store display case? :wacko:

I think that there might have been a smaller degree of denial in that situation. I'll check the thread to make sure...

Edit: Nevermind, looks like there was the same type of denial going on not too long before we saw the preliminary list of set names...

Yes I know, but I thought I'd let everyone speculate for a while first. :pir-tongue:

So here's the answer:

Both LEGO Representatives told me these were not official Pirate LEGO mini-figures and nothing is planned.

Notice the date...

Edited by Johnny 5

Damn you, people! Stop getting my hopes back up! :tongue:

But I do agree that TLG is such a big company that the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing. :wink:

I can't believe brickset was so gullible as to post these today!

There's no way they look real at all. They were discussed and dismissed here months ago.

Slow news day.

I can't believe brickset was so gullible as to post these today!

There's no way they look real at all. They were discussed and dismissed here months ago.

Slow news day.

Indeed, but the headline got my attention pretty quickly :blush:

Indeed, but the headline got my attention pretty quickly :blush:

It got mine, too.

Tabloid journalism! :laugh:

So as not to have the same discussion in different places, please keep the posts regarding the fake elf sets to this thread: [Link]

Still, 3 years in, the line does need a shot in the arm. We've had all the major players since the release of Dwarves' Mine at the end of 2007, so by 2010 we need at least one entirely new element to the theme.

Agreed. I'd love to see a forest dwelling faction (elves, humans, who cares). Make them bandits or make them merry men. Just give me some forestmen!

:grin:

We can't rule anything out at this point for next year.

If the representatives were denying the Pirate line a mere 6 months before they were due out we can safely assume that we're not getting the whole truth from Steve Witt.

Hell, we might not see any more Castle sets till next summer plenty of time to justify a blunt denial.

Since we're not sure about the possibility of elves. What types of elves would you want anyway? Personally I'd love to see elves with long hair but that's just the type of elve I'm used to seeing . How would they do pointy ears or would they just not do pointy ears?

I'd buy the sets if they were well done and offered interesting pieces or tons of bows and quivers.

Since we're not sure about the possibility of elves. What types of elves would you want anyway? Personally I'd love to see elves with long hair but that's just the type of elve I'm used to seeing . How would they do pointy ears or would they just not do pointy ears?

I hope they bear some resenblance to the elves of WoW(night elves-tall purple skinned with glowing eyes, or the blood elves-slender builds with green eyes and beautiful women)

I'd love to see some elves! :wub: If we're not going to get a LotR license any time soon, then we might as well "copy" them like we did to Indiana Jones with Adventurers.

And look where that got us! We now have a Flying wing and the Temple of Doom!

I hope they bear some resenblance to the elves of WoW(night elves-tall purple skinned with glowing eyes, or the blood elves-slender builds with green eyes and beautiful women)

Aye, that'd be excellent!

Aye, that'd be excellent!

Not too sure what to think about purple elves...

I often wondered if TLC would bring out Elves in the "flesh-tone". There are plenty of face designs to use. Just for them to be different than the yellowed humans or dwarves.

Not too sure what to think about purple elves...

Not exactly purple, but similar to purple. See the below image for the Night Elf colors

lolpinkpower.jpg

Has anybody noticed this? Map

I found it on Brickshelf while I was looking for elves.

It's probably been posted before, somewhere else in Historic Themes... But still...