Sign in to follow this  
Matn

Bellatrix Lestrange decal

So, instead of learning the last couple of hours, I thought I'd go further make some decals for LEGO. It came in my mind that LEGO didn't make so many LEGO Harry Potter figures. And that's a shame, because there are so many great characters in the wizarding world of Harry Potter. And the decal index for Harry Potter isn't big at all. So with which one should I start?

And one of the most interesting characters at the Dark Side of magic is... Bellatrix Lestrange, whose love for Voldemort can't be described. And I had made a purist figure of her some time ago (click here to see it), but it didn't resamble her quite well. I am becoming more and more interesting in the LEGO custom world, so here she is; Bellatrix Lestrange in LEGO figure. (Well, at least the decal of her. When have a good printer I'll make one for myself)

Version 3: final version with matching LEGO colors

bellatrix_final.jpg

Tips and comments would be welcome, I'd love to know what you think of my first LEGO minifigure decal! :classic:

Edited by Matn

This is a beautiful design, Matn! Thanks for sharing.

But don't forget that learning is always important :laugh:

LuxorV

great work! you should make a whole series of HP decals to add to our extremely weak HP decal section in the Index.... i suggest starting with the hogwarts teachers!

Brilliant work Matt! If I ever learn how to print these little buggers out :hmpf: I'll definitely use this!

Hope you can do some more soon! :wub:

I think this looks great! Imo I think you should make the face a bit more sunken, and add some heavy makeup to the eyes. But other wise, it is awesome.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it!

And I will do some more, but maybe it will be easier if I can base my decals on the upcoming LEGO Harry Potter game? Oh, well, it\'s just work out what\'s in my mind and we\'ll see about that. And I will start with the teachers, then. :classic:

Oh, and I didn\'t wanted to add to much make-up. After all, it\'s LEGO. And I think her look and lips resamble the character pretty well. (:

EDIT: I just saw on a regular computerscreen that the dress is way too dark, I haven\'t seen that on my laptop. You can\'t see anything of the lines that I\'ve put on. So I will adjust that for sure, I\'ll make it lighter! I\'ll make it dark bluish gray.

EDIT3: third version is on its way. The torso will be totally black but the creases will be in dark bley. Yay!

Edited by Matn

EDIT3: third version is on its way. The torso will be totally black but the creases will be in dark bley. Yay!

Sounds perfect!

And here's the final decal; it should fit perfectly with your LEGO minifig!

bellatrix_final.jpg

Indeed a very neat work, Matn :wub:

I should be able to add her to the Index tomorrow.

LuxorV

wow that so cool im a big fan of harry potter and she is such a cool character sadly lego is not making any sets for harry potter 6&7 :cry_sad:

Thanks! (: I use Photoshop CS3. But I guess Adobe Illustrator would do a better job, but I don't have that.

Very nice decals you have there! :sweet:

What hairpiece do you plan on using for Bellatrix, or will you make a custom hairpiece?

I can't think of any hairpieces that TLG has released that would look right :sceptic:

could you make harry potter in his triwizard outfits? like when he's in the maze and in the dragon match? also could you make a cedric diggory one when he's in the maze.

hey do u think u can make a Death Eater Mask for me
could you make harry potter in his triwizard outfits? like when he's in the maze and in the dragon match? also could you make a cedric diggory one when he's in the maze.

Hi to both of you, LAF_2012 and Nix; I see you are new to EB, and so you may need to be updated on our decals requests policy. Please don't post decal request in any thread other than this one. It will help keeping the other threads clean and easy to read. Thank you :sweet:

LuxorV

Very nice decals you have there! :sweet:

What hairpiece do you plan on using for Bellatrix, or will you make a custom hairpiece?

I can't think of any hairpieces that TLG has released that would look right :sceptic:

I am planning on using the "Hermoine" hairpiece, but in black, for Bellatrix. It seems the best solution to me. :classic:

And thanks for clearing that out, LuxorV! @Nix and LAF_2012; I don't make decals that already exist on real LEGO pieces (the Death Eather exists twice; skull mask and a whole grey head, the TriWizard outfits also exist). But I do think of making a Diggory outfit.