Darth Legolas

Smaller or larger sets?

Do you prefer smaller or larger sets?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Small sets! I love those little parts!
    • Large sets! I love a challenge!
    • Medium sets. Something money can buy, but will take some time.

I like to buy smaller sets out of allot of different themes but I usually buy large sets from the Town, and Castle themes. This can make it hard to build something large but you get a lot of minifigures.

Personally I think small sets are more useful because they're a cheaper way to have MFs and little pieces. For a big structure I prefer to design it myself and build it using BL :classic:

Edited by BlueBard

Lately, I think smaller sets have been more for the minifigures rather than the set itself. Just look at sets like the 7884 Batman's Buggy, or that new god awful 8967 Gold Tooth's Getaway.

I think Larger sets would win, but I buy medium sized sets the most often because of affordable + awesome

Recently bought all current impulse sets and love all of them!

Each little set makes a scenario and has one main character.

They're also easy to display when space is an issue.

The biggest sets I've ever bought are medium size.

I love the design and love putting it all together -sad when the build was complete-.

So I did not vote because I have no preference. :tongue:

I like all three. All of them have their respected pros and cons.

I voted for Med sets as more often than not, for me at least, the little sets don't hold that much thrill and the large sets are too expensive for most impulsive buys.

i haven't had a large set in my life (my biggest being 4994 Cool Cars) so i picked medium. small sets are too simple

Space is infinite, but not in my room (and shelf). So I'd usually pick small and medium sets.

I get all three in the themes I like the most and the small and medium ones under £10 in the themes I'm not that keen on, but only if they are in supermarkets or other places I shop.

With the themes I enjoy but do not wish to collect as much, like castle and city, I buy the sets that look the best to me, or with the best minifigs/parts. I always try and get impulse sets from each theme because it means I get some minifigs and unique parts of that theme at a low cost.

I used to go for large sets mostly but lately I have found out the charm of smaller sets.

I prefer small and medium sets. I mainly purchase Star Wars. Most of the large sets from that theme employ lots of Technic which can often poke through disturbing the models finesse where as medium and smaller sets don't need large Technic skeletons to support them and can turn out looking nicer.

I tend to go for Small and Medium sets, the only large set I have bought is the Construction Site because I liked the Crane and Excavator. I intend to buy Medieval Village soon, and maybe the Pirate ship, but apart from them the larger sets do not interest me. The smaller sets are great to get MiniFig's and parts, and are cheap enough to buy without thinking, whilst the large sets (over £50) to me require more thought and justification. I vote for Medium because if Lego never produced another Large set (unlikely!) I would not be bothered!

Big sets are the best.

They take longer to build and have more bricks to make other things with.

Speaking of big sets i want the temple of doom and its not out yet which sucks.

I'm not going to vote in my own topic, but I'll say this. I love sets with TONS of pieces, but i hate big sets made of gigantic pieces. That new Troll's Castle set is only around 700. For what it's worth, it should be a whole lot less money.

And of course SW sets are always overpriced! There's one set worth $20 that has 200 more pieces than the spider droid!

I used to love small sets, but this years impulses are not good. :thumbdown: The only good ones are space speeder, and the soldier one. $6, $8, and $10 sets are okay, but I prefer $40-$400 this year. Medium sets are great, but I still like the challenges. :thumbup: