WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

And a worthy Kirbold it is. Not only does he look awesome, he's easy to make yourself.

~Bunda

Yup. Also, there seems to be a new Encyclopedia coming out in the fall including info about TLR. Right Here.

Edited by S-N

Click is indeed cool, but what were the designers thinking with the titan version of Mata Nui? "Let's throw together all the left over yellow pieces into one big jumbled piece of shit and call it Mata Nui?" Why couldn't we have gotten an epic set like Makuta or Takanuva back in 2003? Admittedly, those sets had their flaws, but they still had solid builds and looked amazing. Mata Nui has holes everywhere, megablock pistons slapped on the thighs, and a dorky overused silver weapon! Not to mention the long neck and awful color scheme. Geez, the most anticipated set of all time and this is what we get? What a letdown.

Okay, rant over...

Design looks funny, but I bet it's the posing, and in other poses he could look really sweet.

The color off-ness is bound to be because of the fact that its a prototype, no designer would have all that armor in different shades of yellow, keet and gold.

It's going to be one in the end, and I'll wait for my final decisions on buying it or not once the new pics come out.

[-The Alchemyst-]

Well, I imagine all the pieces that are in mata yellow previously on the set are going to be keet-orange later on.

I dislike the weapon quite a bit. He needs a more creative one. :sceptic:

The color off-ness is bound to be because of the fact that its a prototype, no designer would have all that armor in different shades of yellow, keet and gold.

It's a store exclusive. Unlikely it's gonna have a good color scheme.

Nocturn was epic and had loads of recolors, but what other exclusive did?

I'm thinking we're looking at the final...

~Bunda

It's a store exclusive. Unlikely it's gonna have a good color scheme.

Nocturn was epic and had loads of recolors, but what other exclusive did?

I'm thinking we're looking at the final...

~Bunda

I can't believe that. =/

Just because it's an exclusive doesn't mean it'll have 3 shades of one color. An unusual color scheme doesn't have to deal with having multiple types of one color on a set.

Doesn't the catalog the pics are in show prototypes? [With that smiley face in the box]

If they use yellow and Keet in the same set, as armor, something is terribly wrong with the designers.

Karzahni had a healthy number of recolours (Blue Ruru, Green Mantax + Pridak feet, Gunmetal Lehvak Kal shields, Red Mahri tube, Green Carapar armour...), but that was in 2007. Icarax had squat aside from the remolded mask, Mazeka had none and Jetrax only had the Yellow shields.

With Mata Nui, the choice of parts seem to show that it's the final. No set designer would go through the trouble to design the set in such a way that it can be made from existing goldish (albeit 3 different shaded) parts, just to go and recolour them to one same colour when they are so close to the previous colour. Especially not after the official retail catalogues have been sent out with this multicoloured look, so if they were going to make a one-shaded Mata Nui, we would be seeing the one shade already.

Regardless of the colour and the bad design points, I'm beginning to think that this set will still look pretty badass when posed correctly, especially on my desk by my computer. It's still Mata Nui, so once good photography and posing hides the flaws of this set, he's bound to be cool in a titan version.

Also, the evidence pointing towards the Ignika being a gold 2008 version is making me very very happy. :cry_happy:

Somebody might finally be able to make the 2007 commercials in stop-motion! :laugh:

Karzahni had a healthy number of recolours (Blue Ruru, Green Mantax + Pridak feet, Gunmetal Lehvak Kal shields, Red Mahri tube, Green Carapar armour...), but that was in 2007. Icarax had squat aside from the remolded mask, Mazeka had none and Jetrax only had the Yellow shields.

Yes to Ruru, yes to feet, but the the shields were available in Maxilos first and the red tubes were also in Toa Terrain Crawler. Point taken, otherwise.

~Bunda

Yes to Ruru, yes to feet, but the the shields were available in Maxilos first and the red tubes were also in Toa Terrain Crawler. Point taken, otherwise.

~Bunda

I don't have those sets, so I guess I missed that. :blush:

Two things guys:

1 - At YouTube there are some pretty good Set reviews. And boy, Vastus looks soo better there!

2 - Gelu pronounciation is: GAY-lu (Yeah, sounds kinda... GELU IS A SHE! :tongue: )

Oh, and BTW, Bink has updated some story on BionicleStory.com (Up to Glatorian Comic 1 Events), and all will be fully up to date on July 1st. :classic:

Also this and this too.

Edited by Nightmare

Two things guys:

1 - At YouTube there are some pretty good Set reviews. And boy, Vastus looks soo better there!

2 - Gelu pronounciation is: GAY-lu (Yeah, sounds kinda... GELU IS A SHE! :tongue: )

Oh, and BTW, Bink has updated some story on BionicleStory.com (Up to Glatorian Comic 1 Events), and all will be fully up to date on July 1st. :classic:

Also this.

Yes. Those are good reviews. Vastus is epic. I love the whole snake theme with him.

Edited by S-N

New Legend Reborn screens on BZP. Apparently, Ackar now has blue eyes, Atakus is mislabeled as Fero, Click is colored purple, and Tuma has a green Skrall shield.

gallery_101_26_6893.jpg

The Legend Reborn Poster / Magazine scan (picture is link to high resolution picture)

edit: I've removed the large picture and added this smaller version. Click it and you'll get the high resolution pic.

SEXAY

The heads look awesome.

Click is cah-yoot. :3

And at least we get some Bone hunter and Vehicle action DO WANT SKOPIO SCENE.

I got the catalog with TMN in it. The mask is gold... it's definitely not Metru yellow, and they wouldn't make it in Mata yellow, unless they hate us.

Why isn't there a picture of Cendox? Boxarts and Toy Fair pics can be found everywhere. Here is one:

cendox_v1.jpg

Why isn't there a picture of Cendox? Boxarts and Toy Fair pics can be found everywhere. Here is one:

Oky, thanks for sharing with us this image. First post has been updated.

Is that cannon?

It will be as soon as the poll gets closed. Rayg's stomping majorly. (Or he was yesterday.)

Does anyone else find the Thornatus and Baranus rider's helmets to be extremely hideous? I really hope they look better in person than they do in all the pics I've seen...

~Bunda

Does anyone else find the Thornatus and Baranus rider's helmets to be extremely hideous? I really hope they look better in person than they do in all the pics I've seen...

~Bunda

They will, because you'll be able to see the eyes and details on the Glatorian head better. Those heads don't photograph well, but they look great. I just hope it's a flip-sided mask. :classic:

Picture has also been added to the gallery linked in the first post

It will be as soon as the poll gets closed. Rayg's stomping majorly. (Or he was yesterday.)

~Bunda

No waaaay, that is the coolest helmet ever. :O All skullish and stuff!

-Ikk

~Bunda

I agree, it´s probably the worst helmet this year. I like the Skopio and Cendox / Kaxium ones though...