Front

"Review": 8989, Mata Nui, Glatorian Legend

You guys did a great job here, and pay Alg no heed.

Excuse me? I said nothing about the review itself- it was fine. I'm just not at all impressed by the set, and there is no need to disrespect a difference of opinion.

Excuse me? I said nothing about the review itself- it was fine. I'm just not at all impressed by the set, and there is no need to disrespect a difference of opinion.

But disrespecting opinion is so much fun, and I get to do it so rarely :(

Edited by InnerRayg

Not thrst set of the line. Great for parts.

I just wish that he and his titan ersion were better. :sceptic:

Great pics.

What? :laugh:

Defect keyboard? :grin:

But disrespecting opinion is so much fun, and I get to do it so rarely :(

Careful :hmpf_bad:

Thanks Front for doing a semi-review on this set for us.

I have no clue either who this "Yellow Fellow" is - isn't yellow the color for cowards? :tongue::wink:

To me it looks a little as if Bionicle parts are getting bigger and bigger each year.

It's lost that overwhelming technic feel to it that it had in the beginning.

Wether that is good or bad I leave to fans of this to judge.

Thanks Front for doing a semi-review on this set for us.

I have no clue either who this "Yellow Fellow" is - isn't yellow the color for cowards? :tongue::wink:

To me it looks a little as if Bionicle parts are getting bigger and bigger each year.

It's lost that overwhelming technic feel to it that it had in the beginning.

Wether that is good or bad I leave to fans of this to judge.

Just so you know, Mata Nui is in fact the center of the entire Bionicle storyline, and he has been ever since the very first year - he's basically the god of the Bionicle universe. However, this is the first time that he's actually appeared in set form, which is why Bionicle fans are so excited. :wink:

Oh, and actually, the parts aren't really any bigger than they were in the begining - it's just that now there's more of them. And even though the technic influence is largely gone from the canister sets (ie - gears and functions), it's recently made a huge surge back in the box set line - mainly in the form of technic functions in the large vehicle sets. This has been seen by many Bionicle fans as a great step back to the early years of Bionicle, and I've seen positive responses from many of the more experienced bionicle builders (like Darth Vader, who has always been a tough cookie to please :tongue: )

Edited by Grevious

Thanks Grevious for setting me straight on this :thumbup:

I do recall vaguely that Mata Nui was mentioned a lot in the early days of Bionicle.

As for the parts, that's another thanks for an elaborate explanaition and correction :blush:

I do recall vaguely that Mata Nui was mentioned a lot in the early days of Bionicle.

That may have also been due to the fact that there was an island named after him, and everything from '01-'03 took place on said island.

mata nui is really cool. i love the shin armor :wub: and the shield/shoulder armor piece is amazing! thanks for the review!