How do you rate this set?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Thanks again for another great review svelte-corps. I really love this one, the printed trolls are fantastic, and the king and queen are spectacularly deformed. The fig count is really quite good, and the fortress itself has so many useful pieces. The design could've been different, but It's unique enough, even more now that I see it's quite different to the 7094 castle. This is certainly a must-get for me!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for that fine review, svelte_corps.

The set still doesn´t knock my socks off, but it looks okay... the MF´s re excellent and the parts´re at least useful.

Trolls Angels on! :thumbup: Now all they need´re some pretty cool bikes... Flintstones-style I guess... kt_Fred-Flintstone-Motorcycle.JPG:laugh:

Edited by Asuka

I just studied around a lot, cause there's just something strange about the troll king's crown. I came to think about that you maybe got a mis-produced one (since you also got color differences in some plates...) in this set, cause aswell the box art as the pictures on lego.com are showing clearly a bronze crown. What do you folks think? I wonder if we will have differences in crown colors as the set gets in stores around the world. :sceptic:

Edited by metalandi

I just studied around a lot, cause there's just something strange about the troll king's crown. I came to think about that you maybe got a mis-produced one (since you also got color differences in some plates...) in this set, cause aswell the box art as the pictures on lego.com are showing clearly a bronze crown. What do you folks think? I wonder if we will have differences in crown colors as the set gets in stores around the world. :sceptic:

I think the Lego pics are more likely to be wrong than the officially produced set, as they are usually done way in advance. The Dadster also reported a brown crown, although you're right, there could be some mix up. Since this is a specially produced colour for this piece (ie the crown is not a common piece usually produced in a wide variety of shades where substitutions generally take place) I tend to doubt it's just a mistake.

Bricklink also seems to think the crown is reddish-brown too.

My set came from the US, it will be interesting to see what Euro-buyers find.

I think I prefer the reddish-brown plain version anyway - it seems appropriate somehow :tongue:

Just built mine today :tongue: and I might say that building is pretty repetitive and that was the olny downfall. Besides that the minifigs are great and the fortress itself isnt that bad. I like it how there are 4 good knights and 6 evil warriors-it gives you a chance to battle. BTW, if possible make sure you pick up drawbridge defence, got it too today ;)- it is simply nice and small, but amazing sets.

..I like it how there are 4 good knights and 6 evil warriors-it gives you a chance to battle. BTW, if possible make sure you pick up drawbridge defence, got it too today ;)- it is simply nice and small, but amazing sets.

Was your Troll King's crown reddish-brown or metallic? :wink:

I think the Lego pics are more likely to be wrong than the officially produced set, as they are usually done way in advance. The Dadster also reported a brown crown, although you're right, there could be some mix up. Since this is a specially produced colour for this piece (ie the crown is not a common piece usually produced in a wide variety of shades where substitutions generally take place) I tend to doubt it's just a mistake.

I think I prefer the reddish-brown plain version anyway - it seems appropriate somehow :tongue:

I think i agree with you, although the metallic one would have been nice for mocs and so on, the brown kinda gives the look of a self-made wooden crown which fits to the trolls :tongue:

But still, i think it also could be a production issue, since the metallica would most likely be a printed on color the crown could be brown under it, but we will see.

Thanks for providing us with such an in depth review Svelte.

In order to add the index tag to the top of the post, I had to change one of your images to links. I switched the image of the king in front of the gates as I thought it was one of the least important pictures. If you'd rather keep that image I can perhaps use a different way to tag it. Just let me know.

Thanks!

Oh - I'd much rather have a bronze-tinged crown, but I almost forgot about the Helm of Mola-Ram! Should be wicked looking conversion for the Troll King...

Was your Troll King's crown reddish-brown or metallic? :wink:

It was def. brown. How about you? Oh did you also get that extra orc battle pack inside it for free?Nah Im just kidding, no battle packs here neither haha

Thanks for another fantastic review, Svelte. :thumbup:

Honestly, I really like this set. It may not be perfect, but I think it really is pretty cool. It has amazing figures, a better modular feature than the crownie castle, great exterior detail, and plenty of awesome parts. It may not be perfect, but I think it deserves a very solid 4. :wink:

It may not be perfect, but I think it deserves a very solid 4. :wink:

So do everyone else, apparently: 73 votes in the poll and every single one of them have voted "Above Average"! :oh:

I mean, what are the odds for that?!

EDIT: No, wait... There's something wrong with the poll. :tongue:

Looks like a decent castle set to me, i voted above average as well!

Great review, thank you very much! :thumbup:

So do everyone else, apparently: 73 votes in the poll and every single one of them have voted "Above Average"! :oh:

I mean, what are the odds for that?!

EDIT: No, wait... There's something wrong with the poll. :tongue:

Just because it doesn't meet your standards, doesn't mean it's a bad set apparantly. Polls don't lie. :tongue:

Could the poll include an option: nice parts pack? :tongue:

I'm not impressed with the design at all, but i like the collection of minifigs and the parts included.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Just because it doesn't meet your standards, doesn't mean it's a bad set apparantly. Polls don't lie. :tongue:

You silly thing, I voted Above Average as well. :tongue:

I meant that the poll isn't functioning right. It says 74 total votes, but only 4 show in the actual poll. What happened to the 70 other votes? :wacko:

You silly thing, I voted Above Average as well. :tongue:

I meant that the poll isn't functioning right. It says 74 total votes, but only 4 show in the actual poll. What happened to the 70 other votes? :wacko:

What is this?! Florida in the 2000 Presidential election?! Votes disappearing?

Thanks for the review, svelte_corps!

I think the minifigures are wonderful, the build is kind of drab, but anything that has loads of dark bley sounds good to me. :wink:

@Svelte_corps: Just got one little question: You mentioned the prison cell is actually empty, but i still somehow wonder if it is really TOTALLY bare, without even a goblet or something? Would be cool if you could answer me that :tongue:

@Svelte_corps: Just got one little question: You mentioned the prison cell is actually empty, but i still somehow wonder if it is really TOTALLY bare, without even a goblet or something? Would be cool if you could answer me that :tongue:

Bare as the behind of a freshly born babe :wink:

Seriously, they couldn't even spring for a goblet. Maybe the Troll Sorceress cooks lunch in her lab downstairs and the King goes to the bathroom through the prison bars into the courtyard below :grin: The Trolls probably wouldn't notice :hmpf:

Oh well, that's a bit of a letdown, but i guess orcs don't really care much about human kings getting something to drink, though the humans are quite nice to the skeletons (wait, why would skeletons even need something to drink?!) in King's castle siege with giving them even a golden goblet :tongue: Anyway, i'll still buy it, since some interior can be modded easily.

Edited by metalandi

Bought and built this the other day and its real nice.

Suffers from the same problem that a lot of the castle sets do though.

Empty rooms . Easy to fix but it would be nice if lego did it for ya.

As i said, just put the barrels and weapon stands in the rooms, and not more empty they are. Just cause they are built seperately in the inxtructions it doesn't mean they can't be put inside the hollow mountains :wink:

I've been waiting for ages for some sort of troll base to come out... and here it is. The design is so appealing as well and The shamam looks good too. Has anyone noticed that Lego has started to put more kings in castle sets. :classic:

I've been waiting for ages for some sort of troll base to come out... and here it is. The design is so appealing as well and The shamam looks good too. Has anyone noticed that Lego has started to put more kings in castle sets. :classic:

I thought that when i saw the king came with two new sets.

Maybe King overkill ? More golden knights is what i say.