Mariann Asanuma

Review 5969 Squidman Escape

Thanks for the review. :classic:

For a $6 (it's $6, TRU just overprices sets) set, it doesn't seem that good when compared to $6 sets like Cannon Battle. It's just a small vehicle and two minifigures, while Cannon Battle is a wall, a cannon, and two minifigures. Cannon Battle also has no stickers and still looks great, while this set doesn't look that good without stickers. The only good thing in this set (to me at least) are the minifigures and the $100 bill. There's no accessories (except for the money), unlike Cannon Battle. :sceptic:

EDIT: I'll probably still get this set. :classic:

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks for the review :monkey: If I get this, it'll probably just for the minifigures. The big vehicles are much better designed.

Thanks for the review :monkey: If I get this, it'll probably just for the minifigures. The big vehicles are much better designed.

Why? :wink:

I think this is a great small set, and most sets of this size are like this, and dont always come with 2 minifigs. It really isnt bad, and both of the minifigs are great.

I think this is a great small set, and most sets of this size are like this, and dont always come with 2 minifigs. It really isnt bad, and both of the minifigs are great.

Good minifigs don't make a sale for me.:wink:

Very nice review!

I will definitely be getting this set.

I only want the alien as well.

That's the same with most of the SP3 sets, except for the much larger ones - I enjoy the vehicles in those ones.

Thanks for the info. :)

unlike everyone else, i really like the little space vehicle! it is my favorite of all the small sp3 sets. ill get this set for the whole thing and not just squidman. nice first review!

unlike everyone else, i really like the little space vehicle! it is my favorite of all the small sp3 sets. ill get this set for the whole thing and not just squidman. nice first review!

Not quite unlike everyone else; if you look up a few posts, you'll see that I said I like the vehicle :classic:

Just picked up this set and Freeze Ray Frenzy today. The speeder really does look much better with stickers on.

I do wonder, however, why the officer has no airtanks.

Edited by Mariko

Tim did an excellent job with the head mold (he designed and sculpted it--it was his first sculpt). I particularly like how the Technic axle/rod/pin in the front of the original piece used for Squidman heads has been modified to be the three teeth and a tongue. Brilliant.