Sign in to follow this  
Aredhel

1592 - Town Square

A few weeks ago I had to divide my childhood Lego with my brother. :(

Apo and I reconstruct old sets from all the bricks and this the best one!!! *wub* (Though Apo fell in love with a tiny tractor {pics will follow})

It was released in 1983 and the knights have got stickers on the torso.

1592_1.jpg

Here is my gallery!

Enjoy! :-D

Aaargh. I've been wanting this set for a decade now. It's practically impossible to buy without sacrificing one's left or even right arm. Nice to know that this set is safe with you :)

KimT

a very old set indeed! very rare as well, if you're asking me. I only remember this set from scans on the internet, i never saw this one in shops or belgian catalogs. i'm not even sure they released it in Belgium...

anyway, what i like about this one, is the combination of city and castle! :oD

is there an interior of the house as well, like a table,...?

1592_1.jpg

Poor statue. It doesn't have any arms! I wonder whether Lego will ever make a set like this one that has town and castle together....

I also like the brick built horse...Now that's Lego!

The house looks great!

God Bless,

Nathan

1592_1.jpg

Poor statue. It doesn't have any arms! I wonder whether Lego will ever make a set like this one that has town and castle together....

I also like the brick built horse...Now that's Lego!

it's funny... this horse has stickers on it for the eyes... the horses of yellow castle didn't have those....

Nice to know that this set is safe with you :)

Actually there are still (at least till 1.12 when we get money ;)) missing some parts (and stickers), but the only one that could be a problem is the flag that is supposed to be at the yellow tower...

is there an interior of the house as well, like a table,...?

The house at the left side has some small shop inside, but nothing too special...

Take care of that set - check the price and see for yourselves. It's worth almost the same as my right arm ;)

Please post pics when You've finished shopping the missing parts and remaking the stickers.

KimT

:oD That set is as old as I am.

Fantastic!

Yes, I know! It is even 1 year older than me :$

I've just brought this set out for my 6 year old, it was one of my favourite sets when young and always a centrepiece for my Lego towns. Always nice to show the kids that we had to actually build horses and so on in the old days. I'm very disappointed with myself though - all the stickers are long gone!

I didn't realise it was so rare until reading up on it now though.

The house at the left side has some small shop inside, but nothing too special...

It's a bookshop! But other than the sign that says "books" there is nothing extra inside to suggest that - unlike the shops we get these days.

I've just brought this set out for my 6 year old, it was one of my favourite sets when young and always a centrepiece for my Lego towns. Always nice to show the kids that we had to actually build horses and so on in the old days. I'm very disappointed with myself though - all the stickers are long gone!

I didn't realise it was so rare until reading up on it now though.

It's a bookshop! But other than the sign that says "books" there is nothing extra inside to suggest that - unlike the shops we get these days.

How did you even find this topic? *huh*

Did you really need to post that in a six year old topic? We do have the What did you Buy Today? thread for new acquisitions.