Zzz

Indiana Jones theme discussion & speculations

I feel that a fifth Indy movie would be a good thing. It would keep Indy relevant, which would herald more sets (hopefully from all movies) and, actually, KOTCS was not that bad.

Did Lego ever took a one year break on a theme? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I hope so anyway.

They did with Alpha Team. Other then that, I don't know.

Did Lego ever took a one year break on a theme? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I hope so anyway.

The adventurers ran 1998-2000 and returned in 2003 as Orient Expedition.

They did with Alpha Team. Other then that, I don't know.
The adventurers ran 1998-2000 and returned in 2003 as Orient Expedition.
Neither of those was a licensed theme, unlike Indy. The license is not free either, so why would Lego waste valuable (literally) time when they could be using it to put out new products? As much as I hate it, I am pretty sure the 'Adventure Continues' game marks the unofficial end of Indy.

I think it would be a travesty if Lego ended the Indy theme without making a Grail Temple set.

NOOOOOO is Indy theme really ended :cry_sad: - no Grail temple- No tank?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? i want see that tank!!!!!!!!!!! and grail temple too... :tongue:

I feel that a fifth Indy movie would be a good thing. It would keep Indy relevant, which would herald more sets (hopefully from all movies) and, actually, KOTCS was not that bad.

KOTCS was actually pretty nice if you ask me- bit strange but nice- action scenes jungle chase- even aliens were ok :alien: but worst thing in it -was those completely absurd ideas like atom bomb and fridge :wacko: -oh my goodness- did they seriously think that could work -absolutely insane- also "magnetic gunpowder"????????? :oh3: just rubbish- gunpowder don't have metal in it (except sodium but that's not magnetic- well neither does the gold that is even mentioned :sceptic: ) It's just dumb to use complete rubbish facts as themes for the moviescenes :hmpf: next indy could have chinese nazis using gigantic magnet to create atom bomb out of gold and indy need to get fridges to everyone to survive from the atomic war or something :laugh: - i really hope they will keep Indy even as relevant as KOTCS- well less monkeys and more action though- action that could -even in theory- really happen- Ok -Indy is not realistic but some reasonable can still happen -less absurd craziness Mr. Lucas and Mr. Spielberg thank you...

KOTCS was actually pretty nice if you ask me- bit strange but nice- action scenes jungle chase- even aliens were ok :alien: but worst thing in it -was those completely absurd ideas like atom bomb and fridge :wacko: -oh my goodness- did they seriously think that could work -absolutely insane- also "magnetic gunpowder"????????? :oh3: just rubbish- gunpowder don't have metal in it (except sodium but that's not magnetic- well neither does the gold that is even mentioned :sceptic: )

Actually, for the magnetic thing, the contents of the box were magnetic, not the gunpowder. Also, in the game, (not sure if it was in the movie) the fridge said something like "lead-lined for insulation", and I'm pretty sure lead protects from radiation.

Gah.

I cannot read 11 pages worth of discussion now, so my only question is if it is already confirmed if Indy continues or is going to get cancelled.

It would be so great to have more Indy sets. It´s by far the best licensed theme and most compatible to many other themes. Most of all the obvious city theme.

TLC could produce Indy sets based on comics or videogames in the Indy universe. And there´s still Young Indy Chronicles.

It would be just awesome to have some Fate of Atlantis sets.

Gah.

I cannot read 11 pages worth of discussion now, so my only question is if it is already confirmed if Indy continues or is going to get cancelled.

It would be so great to have more Indy sets. It´s by far the best licensed theme and most compatible to many other themes. Most of all the obvious city theme.

TLC could produce Indy sets based on comics or videogames in the Indy universe. And there´s still Young Indy Chronicles.

It would be just awesome to have some Fate of Atlantis sets.

NO nothing has been confirmed. It's all specualtion due to the fact that we haven't seen pictures of new sets yet :sceptic:

As much as I wish they would make sets based off of the indy-verse, look how many star wars expanded universe sets have been made... 2 (I think) Indy just doesn't have the fan base to make very many more sets even from the movies. I really thikn that they're taking a year-long break and then they'll finish it off with a lao che air freight tri-motor, grail temple, tank, and warehouse 51. :cry_happy:

Looking over some of the prelim material for 2010, I haven't come across a single mention of Indiana Jones, which is unfortunate.

Neither of those was a licensed theme, unlike Indy.

Harry Potter had a break in 2006, and in 2007 another Hogwarts castle was released. They're releasing a Harry Potter video game too, which would suggest they still have the license even now.

It's a shame if it is gone for good though, there are still plenty of sets to make (Nepalese bar, Nazi submarine, TLC circus train, Nazi tank, Grail Temple). Prince of Persia seems a good enough replacement though, I could certainly see some of the sets being modded into Indy scenes (Making the Grail Temple out of 7572 wouldn't be too hard).

I was at Wal-Mart the other day looking at the Lego section. I saw the new toy story sets, star wars, ect... That always gets me happy :laugh::sweet: ;seeing the new sets at stores. But while I was looking, I saw that the indy sets were all on sale! I would have bought one, but they were all sold out :oh3: . They might have been clearence. The part that made me wonder was the fact that the sets on sale were new sets from the summer like the "Temple of Doom". It makes me wonder...

Edited by sologuy369

I was at Wal-Mart the other day looking at the Lego section. I saw the new toy story sets, star wars, ect... That always gets me happy :laugh::sweet: ;seeing the new sets at stores. But while I was looking, I saw that the indy sets were all on sale! I would have bought one, but they were all sold out :oh3: . They might have been clearence. The part that made me wonder was the fact that the sets on sale were new sets from the summer like the "Temple of Doom". It makes me wonder...

my local target is completly out. But lego made an official anouncement that indy sets from summer 2009 will continue to be sold ont their site. :sceptic:

Those completely absurd ideas like atom bomb and fridge :wacko: -oh my goodness- did they seriously think that could work -absolutely insane- also "magnetic gunpowder"????????? :oh3: just rubbish- gunpowder don't have metal in it

Actually, the fridge was lead-lined, so he would've survived the radiastion, but not the massive shaking and heat. And the gunpowder wasn't magnetic, the alien was.

IOh, and I didn't see a single period (.) in your post.

The way I see it, LEGO's gonna do the same thing they did with castle a couple years ago. Wait untill the summer wave to start releasing setsd again. And even for one who didn't like Castle, those were amasing sets. Or LEGO's keeping an EXTREMLY tight leash on january wave.

my local target is completly out. But lego made an official anouncement that indy sets from summer 2009 will continue to be sold ont their site. :sceptic:

Yes, I saw that too. Thats why I know I still have a chance to buy them :wink: .

Lego has come out with so many Indiana sets for the Last Crusade I can't believe that would just cut the line without making a Grail temple and the tank scene. I really think that we will see more of indiana in the near future.

Does anyone think the resurrection of Harry Potter could mean anything for Indiana Jones? I mean, if one theme can take a break for a couple of years and then return, why can't the other?

Just food for thought.

Does anyone think the resurrection of Harry Potter could mean anything for Indiana Jones? I mean, if one theme can take a break for a couple of years and then return, why can't the other?

Just food for thought.

That's a good point. Although I personally don't like hAarry potter, If Indy did this It would be okay. It's too soon for a succesfull theme like this to end.

Hmm, good points, though Harry Potter will give me my fleshie figs for at least another year I love the thought of Indy returning, I need a Sallah fig with his camels!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Yeah I think that we will see the return of Indiana Jones to the Lego line. They have done only half of the tombs and stuff. They haven't made a set depicting the catacombs in italy or a set depicting the grail temple. They also haven't made a set of the map room and they should make a bigger, more detailed set of the temple of doom. The mining cart thing just doesn't satisfy. :classic:

Actually, for the magnetic thing, the contents of the box were magnetic, not the gunpowder. Also, in the game, (not sure if it was in the movie) the fridge said something like "lead-lined for insulation", and I'm pretty sure lead protects from radiation.

Don't try to tell it was not a mistake- even if the box was magnetic -then it shouldn't have affected to the gunpowder at all- gunpowder don't have metal in it so magnet do not do anything for it- of course later it affects gold and Mutt points out that gold is not magnetic- so it can affect strangely even towards gunpowder-but still indy should know that gunpowder shouldn't be magnetic at all... and yeah fridge was leadlined but really- leadlined fridge wouldn't just fly like that if it is hit by an atombomb it breaks down and leadlining wouldn't really save anything- and even if it flies as a complete piece- it would be almost impossible to survive the flight and landing inside it at least without many broken bones- well indy is indy he survives strangely- but still there can be some realism there :sceptic:

That's a good point. Although I personally don't like hAarry potter, If Indy did this It would be okay. It's too soon for a succesfull theme like this to end.

Well i personally think HP is bad :hmpf_bad: - very bad- all of them are poor movies- haven't red the books but since the plot is same thay cannot be good either- but HP legoline is ok- i bought many sets to get nice parts and return of the HP theme would be nice :thumbup:

Actually, the fridge was lead-lined, so he would've survived the radiastion, but not the massive shaking and heat. And the gunpowder wasn't magnetic, the alien was.

IOh, and I didn't see a single period (.) in your post.

The way I see it, LEGO's gonna do the same thing they did with castle a couple years ago. Wait untill the summer wave to start releasing setsd again. And even for one who didn't like Castle, those were amasing sets. Or LEGO's keeping an EXTREMLY tight leash on january wave.

Ok offtopic but even if alien was magnetic it shouldn't have affected gunpowder because gunpowder have no metal in it- it is same as magnet that pulls indy's hat or something other non-magnetic.... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Swash Buckler

I personally think that the Indiana Jones line will not return. Don't forget that Lego has to pay lots of money to Lucas Arts for the license itself and I do not think that this line of products met their expectations.

The theme will never be a match for Star Wars anyway and I think the inspiration for new sets based on film scenes is more or less gone. Star Wars has not been dropped for over 10 years now and I think that any licensed theme that is discontinued will not return.

Lego maintains Star Wars, introduced Disney's Toy Story, Ben 10 and Prince of Persia and takes it further from there. After all, even Harry Potter and Batman have ended and I do not think we will see those again either.

Ok offtopic but even if alien was magnetic it shouldn't have affected gunpowder because gunpowder have no metal in it- it is same as magnet that pulls indy's hat or something other non-magnetic.... :hmpf_bad:

Pulls off indy's hat? When did that happen?

Hmm, good points, though Harry Potter will give me my fleshie figs for at least another year I love the thought of Indy returning, I need a Sallah fig with his camels!
Well, we know we are getting camels, and have fez's, so it's possible.
I thought he broke open a shotgun shell anyway? That wouldn't be gunpowder, that would have been all of the metal beads you find in a shotgun shell, which would make that part accurate.
The theme will never be a match for Star Wars anyway and I think the inspiration for new sets based on film scenes is more or less gone.
What does Star Wars have to do with anything? We should all know by know the Star Wars license is the only one that will last like it has, with such a huge fanbase.

What does Star Wars have to do with anything? We should all know by now the Star Wars license is the only one that will last like it has, with such a huge fanbase.

It is has to do with everything. The fee that needs to be paid for licenses is huge. The size of the fanbase is all that counts and for TLC it is all about making money. If the sales drop that is an indication that it ain't wise to keep paying for the license. Indiana Jones never was and never will be a mass seller since the number of followers, enthusiasts, you name it, ain't as huge as it is with Star Wars. Lego tried to introduce Indiana Jones sets, watched the sales figures for some time and finally decided to drop the line.

I spoke to some people in the Lego Store lately and they told me that certain lines of products did not sell that well compared to others. Amongst these were the pirate sets and the Indiana Jones sets. TLC in Denmark understood this as well and therefore decided to discontinue these lines in favor of something else. They will sell what is in stock but no new sets will be made. If the new Prince of Persia and Toy Story lines do not do that well either, those lines will be discontinued at some point as well. Usually, TLC seems to be looking how things are progressing for about 2 or 3 years and then makes a decision whether to keep things running or not.

I spoke to some people in the Lego Store lately and they told me that certain lines of products did not sell that well compared to others. Amongst these were the pirate sets and the Indiana Jones sets.

Hmm. The non-technological lines. Bad sign.