Zzz

Indiana Jones theme discussion & speculations

If the Indy theme should end,there should one last big set.Like the temple of the grail or area 51 from Indy 4.The theme could continue 2 years later.

Gamer.

Ok. Here's an obvious question: Does anybody have any credible proof that Indy is ending? So far I haven't seen a single argument supporting the idea that Indy is done.

Ok. Here's an obvious question: Does anybody have any credible proof that Indy is ending? So far I haven't seen a single argument supporting the idea that Indy is done.

I've been thinking this for a while now. I think everyone is saying Indy is over because everyone else is saying Indy is over. We don't know all of the sets that will be coming out in 2010 yet, and there's absolutely no proof there won't be Indy in the second half.

And considering how well TLC hid the Imperial Flagship from a horde of Lego Pirate fans who were searching for it day and night... I think it's entirely possible no one will have a clue that new Indy sets are in development for the next five months.

I have been reading along in this topic and I positivley think that there will be 1 or 2 sets near fall december :cry_happy:

Or they will replace it onley one year with prince of persia and then recicle so many peaces, :thumbup:

I obviously don't have any insider information about whether it actually is ending or not; I just want to reiterate my position that there is indeed still a lot of stuff they could do from the movies, and tons of stuff they could do from the TV show if they wanted to go that way. The only thing limiting the theme is the extent of the company's interest - there are more than enough characters, vehicles and locations from the series that still haven't been represented in LEGO sets at all to keep the line going for at least a few years.

And considering how well TLC hid the Imperial Flagship from a horde of Lego Pirate fans who were searching for it day and night... I think it's entirely possible no one will have a clue that new Indy sets are in development for the next five months.

True, even if the Indy theme does end hopefully we'll atleast get a great set like that flagship as a last gift!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

True, even if the Indy theme does end hopefully we'll atleast get a great set like that flagship as a last gift!

Indyd; I'd love to see it happen.

I think if we did get one last big surprise set as a send-off, the ideal thing would be the circus train. It's large enough that it would really call for a large expensive set anyway, and would have lots of crossover appeal (to Trains fans, perhaps Wild West fans, etc.) to ensure its viability in the market, and represents a memorable, classic sequence from the series.

But of course, I'd like any additional sets, and I really hope the theme stays around a while (with or without a one-year hiatus).

I kind of think that the Indiana theme will go on at least a few more years. Lego just came out with an updated version of their Indiana Jones game and there is so much potential in that line. The PoP will be a total flop. Any movie based on a game like that cannot succeed due to the lack of a good plot. That means that the Pop line will also die out. Also, there is just too much potential for some really good exclusive sets and they have omitted a lot of scenes from both the Temple of Doom and the Last Crusade, while the Pop line has only one movie to work with and there is not enough of a fan base for the games to provide a good market for sets based on the games. For these reasons I think the Indy theme will continue.

I think if we did get one last big surprise set as a send-off, the ideal thing would be the circus train. It's large enough that it would really call for a large expensive set anyway, and would have lots of crossover appeal (to Trains fans, perhaps Wild West fans, etc.) to ensure its viability in the market, and represents a memorable, classic sequence from the series.

You make a great point, not to mention the variety of animals would really be appealing to Lego fans. That said, I think the Tank scene would be utter perfection; we would get a camel or two, a flippin' tank, some neat German soldiers with General Vogel, Donovan, Sallah and of course Indy riding a horse! :wub:

:hmpf_bad: Where is the tank from the last crusade- and Sallah and Brody minifigs??? Also the Toht, nepalian grunts and Raven would be nice set idea :classic: - or that Club Obi-Wan... Bad that it looks like that no new indysets are coming but i hope thay will not yet stop the line- before the tank! :cry_sad:

Still no sign of 2010 sets, might the jedinews rumour become true?

Is it too late (useless) or too early (panic) to start a petition for a few more Indiana Jones sets?

Still no sign of 2010 sets, might the jedinews rumour become true?

Is it too late (useless) or too early (panic) to start a petition for a few more Indiana Jones sets?

Too early.

Until TLC makes an official announcement, then I would wait.

When that time comes, I would suggest somebody to ask The Brother's Brick to post a petition on their front page, along with having it frontpaged here.

I guess the Indy-line is over since Legomilk confirmed it one week ago. And Legomilk is always right... (at least he's been right so far :wink: )

Edited by Lego-Freak

I hope they dont stop the indiana jones theme! It was really popular and had great minifigs!

Was is right :tongue:

I still don't understand why Lego are so reluctant to talk about whether their lines are continuing or stopping. I mean, they didn't even bother to tell us that the Pirates line was just a 20 year anniversary until it was over. Is it really such a commercial risk to tell us that Indiana Jones is only taking a break for the first half of the year, or that it's been discontinued?

I guess the Indy-line is over since Legomilk confirmed it one week ago. And Legomilk is always right... (at least he's been right so far :wink: )

That is why my idea of a poll/ petition came up. They might have some designers prototypes, but even xmas 2010 should be difficult to target for 1 or 2 sets if they start working right now. Everything else would be too late, the last lineup will be out of their catalogue at summer 2011.

I still don't understand why Lego are so reluctant to talk about whether their lines are continuing or stopping. I mean, they didn't even bother to tell us that the Pirates line was just a 20 year anniversary until it was over. Is it really such a commercial risk to tell us that Indiana Jones is only taking a break for the first half of the year, or that it's been discontinued?

Lego's public relations are excellent when it comes to customer service but absolutely horrible when it comes to dispensing information. Their excuse about "protecting designs", while valid in some regards, is a ridiculous policy when it comes to making public information like this. If the line will continue, confirming that does no harm since it wouldn't give alway any design information that might be used by competitors. If the line won't continue, it's obviously not compromising any information that might be used by competitors.

Lego's public relations are excellent when it comes to customer service but absolutely horrible when it comes to dispensing information. Their excuse about "protecting designs", while valid in some regards, is a ridiculous policy when it comes to making public information like this. If the line will continue, confirming that does no harm since it wouldn't give alway any design information that might be used by competitors. If the line won't continue, it's obviously not compromising any information that might be used by competitors.

Maybe this is something the Ambassadors could address. I understand why upcoming themes should be kept secret, obviously Lego don't want another company rushing out "Atlantic Warriors" or "Prince of Peugeot" sets, but there can't be much of a risk in letting us know the life span of current sets. If people knew Pirates were only around for one year, they would still have bought the sets, and wouldn't have been so angry when the announcement was made.

I was a volunteer at a Lego build event in October and was able to talk with the Master Builder and he confirmed Lego Indy is done. Very unfortunate news. : (

I was a volunteer at a Lego build event in October and was able to talk with the Master Builder and he confirmed Lego Indy is done. Very unfortunate news. : (

I you sure he wasn't just talking about some of the sets that they just discontinued. As I said before I have a difficult time believing that the Indy line is done. There is so much potential left in that series and I would also think that Lego would have perhapes made an official announcement to us, like they did with the pirate line recently, if they were going to cancel it. I also think that it is a wee bit too early to say they are going to cancel it for sure considering they just came out with some new sets for the Indy line a few months ago.

Has anyone thought of just asking Lego? Surely there must be a way to ask the company a simple question like that.

Maybe there's a third option, where it's ended but with a provision that it could be restarted if things like Atlantis don't take off as planned. That could explain why there are no new sets (so far) in 2010, but there has been no official announcement of it having ended, only rumours.

Quite frankly, with the new PoP turban and camel, they'd be fools not take advantage of them to create new Indy sets without having to spend a fortune on new moulds.

Indy + turban = map room.

German vehicles + camels = desert ambush.

Has anyone seen the new Indy game? Does it include these new pieces?

I cannot imagine LEGO giving up with Indiana Jones without having released a set with the scene of the three traps from the last crusade and the waiting knight.

I really cannot imagine that: imagine how much playability there would be in such a set...

But it's true that LEGO focuses on kids and not on adults, and most probably nowadays kids don't even know that wonderful scene.

I have read some of the previous pages and I didn't find the rumours about a fifth movie which could be a reason to continue to release Indy sets.

WEll, I guess I'll add some more confusion into the mix...

my friend went to the lego store in Cincinati, I had been hounding him to ask a manager or store worker if lego Indiana Jones was over. He said that the guy said That it isn't over and sales are great. hmmmmmmmm. Someone just needs to ask lego, like an ambassador and find out what's goin' on!