darkrebellion

Mail-In TLC Promotions

Hi, just some minutes ago I was looking around the Hasbro presentation at the NYTF 2009 and I found this "set" or "pack" :

Qui-Gon Jinn and Eopie

So then I have an idea :thumbup: . What about if the TLC decides to do a promotion similar to this one? Personally I would be really happy that the TLC somewhat "prize" the purchase of their products with a promotion similar to this one :cry_happy: . Just think about it, if the TLC decide to put a code inside every box (Obiously all the codes must be different and with a certain value that just allow you to use it once time :thumbup: ) so when you got a certain number of "codes" you can upload them in an email with all your information and send it to the TLC so they can release an special mail-in offer somewhere in the future :cry_happy: . I really think they can do it and they can give us maybe a little set with a new or rare minifig exclusive to this offer. I think a cool new speeder (Coruscant Taxi or Gian Speeder) or a new cannon/walker (Atgar Cannon or At-RT) would be great for this. So what do you think? Good or bad idea?

Edited by darkrebellion

Yeah this is a great idea.

I'll move this topic to the LEGO News & General discussion forum and have all of our members share their thoughts on this.

I wouldn't mind a mail-in rebate of some kind, or a "buy $xxx on SW LEGO S@H and get a free SW promo" type of offer. I don't like the "something extra in your box" type, however, as that tends to attract dishonesty and damaged sets on store shelves. It's bad enough that people buy and return sets minus key parts, put something that has value like a code towards getting some free and all kinds of problems would occur.

That would be a great idea but maybe not a set but just a figure each time. They could do it nearly every box has at least one.

Impulse sets-none

Battle pack- one token

Small set (0-100 pieces)-1

Medium set(100-300)-2

Large set(300-600)-3

xtra large(600-1000)-5

Xtra Xtra large(1000+)-7

This would be a good way to do it it could they let you choose a minifigure for say 5 tokens or 10 tokens. OR maybe you can save up around 20 for a little set.

Anyway this would be a great way to reward their loyal custormers and it would make all of us AFOL's happy and alo all the children happy.

I love that idea, its like reddem points or something like that. You buy a lot of stuff and than you can like redeem them for something! But I too doubt that lego will be so generous but its a good idea :classic:

Tokens or coupons in Lego instruction booklets perforated so as not to damage the booklet, collect a large amount and send in for some cool extra, like a baseplate, or a keyring maybe impulse sets or some sort of exclusive.

I get a bit miffed when I check set listings and find some really cool little sets that were promotional in one country or one part of the world and impossible to find in my country, apart from inflated prices on ebay and bricklink. If Lego had theses availiable via mail in token collection promotions it would be awesome!

I think something like this would work nicely in all themes. They could put 1 point per $1 in Lego (ex. 20 points in a $20 set, 55 points- $55 set, 70 points- $70 set etc.) You could go online with the code in the box, and they have rewards at different point levels. They could do exclusive sets and figures, as well as keychains, magnets, impulse sets, and other accesories. If you are familiar with Mycokerewards, this is a similar concept.

I really hope Lego considers something like this, I (and the rest of us) would really benefit from it. :sweet:

Edited by darthperson

That would be a great idea but maybe not a set but just a figure each time. They could do it nearly every box has at least one.

Impulse sets-none

Battle pack- one token

Small set (0-100 pieces)-1

Medium set(100-300)-2

Large set(300-600)-3

xtra large(600-1000)-5

Xtra Xtra large(1000+)-7

TLG has done this in the past. Nobody remembers how it worked though or what exactly you got out of it. :tongue:

Edited by CP5670

This is an interesting idea and someone should tell LEGO about this. Who knows they might give you something for helping them( for some reason I keep thinking lego will give a reward for helping people, as they did with someone else and they gave them a keychain).

I think a small round plastic chip attached to the back of the instruction booklet would be great. Also you could have it for different themes, the plastic chips have different values but are interchangeable with all themes too. You can then send your chips off to redeem your mini set. Well this is posted on the KIC (Kids Inner Circle) blog.

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for awhile, but happy to let LEGO Universe take center stage, and you are too, if the number of posts has anything to do with interest!

In a few days you will get an email asking you to do something fun and creative - even more fun than a survey! Woo Hoo!

You will get the chance to dream. Dream about what? Good question - answer: dream about a brand new LEGO set. That's right - you will get to draw, design, brainstorm your way to your vision of something that LEGO has never done before.

I know a lot of you keep asking us to bring back old sets. But this is not a time to look back. We are looking for your ideas for sets that LEGO has never done.

Best thing about this is that it is going right to our lab that creates new LEGO themes and sets. They want new ideas and heard about you guys and girls - so your chance will come soon!

Like I said, more details are coming. But you can start dreaming now!

The Lab would like any idea you have, but if you can draw it, and kind of explain what things are on the drawing, that would be best. You could write a story to go with it too, but these are image people and you know the old saying, right? About a picture being worth a 1,000 words? (like I should talk, a blogger!).

Don't send me anything yet. I'll let you know where and how to send your ideas. For now, just dream.........................

Tim

Perhaps this idea should be put forward when the email arrives.

Edited by Skipper 24

I wouldn't mind a mail-in rebate of some kind, or a "buy $xxx on SW LEGO S@H and get a free SW promo" type of offer.

This is definately the most likely as Lego have done it previously where you get a free set with so much money spent on S@H with a code from the catalogue. I remember getting a Lego truck a couple of years back for nothing (or it might have been reduced price, something like that)