KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Sorry guys but I'm a bit confused:

The 10198 Tantive 4 is already (unofficially) confirmed - so speculating about whether there'll be this set coming out this year ot not is imo needless.

The "clouded set" was a quote from an interview which was made before we got the news of the RBR (please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't see any chance that we'll get another (big) exclusive (OT) set this year - or did you mean 2010?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Fair point Klaus.

I hope we'll get a Cloud City, but I kinda doubt that they'll whip our wallets that hard.

We've already gotten the AT-OT and Dropship, now a Tantive IV plus a wave of rather largish sets like Endor and the Venator.

I see no reason for another huge set this season, perhaps next year.

The Tantive IV is a classic set and the essence of Star Wars since it's the first thing we ever saw of this amazing universe.

It's iconic and slamming a Cloud City on top of the cake would simply overdo it, wouldn't it?

The 10198 Tantive 4 is already (unofficially) confirmed - so speculating about whether there'll be this set coming out this year ot not is imo needless.

The "clouded set" was a quote from an interview which was made before we got the news of the RBR (please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't see any chance that we'll get another (big) exclusive (OT) set this year - or did you mean 2010?

Klaus-Dieter

We do not yet have pictures, so we cannot be 100% sure as of yet, so speculation is still necessary.

The 'clouded' set, we think, will be released next year (2010) as it's likely to be a Cloud City-based set and next year is the 30th anniversary of ESB. I agree we won't get anything big this year besides the Tantive IV set.

Hope that helps. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

I-Well Star Wars Insider- meant that in 2010 there might be a sudden boost in ESB sets. There is another Lego Star Wars set coming in September and that will probably close the Lego Star Wars 10th Anniversery this year.

:devil: alexrider7 :devil:

P.S. Oh, and ADHO15, the 'clouded' set is going to be released this year. But, I don't know if they were making some sort of hidden code in 'clouded' what-so-ever. And are you sure that the Tantive IV set is confirmed? (Wait, this is a little off topic, but do you notice something weird. Tantive IV, Episode IV? Thats a coincidence.) Maybe we'll get a Cloud City set next year, maybe not. Who knows? Oh wait... Lego does.

Edited by alexrider7

Thank you very much for clarifying that, ADHO and alexrider15! :sweet:

So we're supposably discussing about next year's exclusive summer set, don't we? :wink:

It's iconic and slamming a Cloud City on top of the cake would simply overdo it, wouldn't it?

I totally agree with you, KimT!

The Tantive 4 is - let's say - the highlight (or at least I hope so :grin: - perhaps it even turns out as a set similar to the RC which was much too small and included no interior :sick: ) of this year's OT sets. So another very big OT set would firstly be not affordable for many of us (me included) and secondly it would destroy the (hopefull) charm of the RBR.

For 2010 I could well imagine (and even hope) that TLG will release a better and more detailed re-design of the Cloud City set in the price range around 250 Euros/Dollars (I hope that it won't be more since otherwise I could regrettably (like the awesome 10188 DS) not afford to buy it):

Cloud City is one of the two most important locations in ESB.

The second most important location - the Hoth Rebel Base - will regrettably surely not appear in 2010 since we already get that Echo Base BP this year.

The third big set I can think of TLG could release of ESB (a Rebel Medium Transport is absolutely excluded) is an ISD - but since we'll already get a big vehicle this year (the RBR) I bet that next year there'll be a big set which is not based on a vehicle but on a location.

The last version of the Cloud City was because of several reasons imo really bad. A new version would open up the possibility for improvements:

The rooms were not completely seperated but they were all more or less one whole big room. In a new version TLG could and even should make real seperated rooms.

There were some very important rooms missing which TLG could include in a new version: the room where Leia, Han and Chewy wait for Lando, the torture chamber where Han is tortured and a big corridor with elevator.

There were only two new minifigs: Lando and a Bespin Guard. Of course these have to be included in a new version, too, but one or two of these little creatures which handle the carbonite freezing machine (I think they're called Ughunauths) are absolutely needed. And Lobot with a Cloud City Car would be a great addition, too.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I have a gut feeling about the Tantive IV. :grin:

I am begining to think that the Eventies may have seen this set!!

I am begining to think that the Eventies may have seen this set!!

In Gunzburg, you mean? I thought we'd have to wait until Brickworld.

Thank you very much for clarifying that, ADHO and alexrider15! :sweet:

So we're supposably discussing about next year's exclusive summer set, don't we? :wink:

I totally agree with you, KimT!

The Tantive 4 is - let's say - the highlight (or at least I hope so :grin: - perhaps it even turns out as a set similar to the RC which was much too small and included no interior :sick: ) of this year's OT sets. So another very big OT set would firstly be not affordable for many of us (me included) and secondly it would destroy the (hopefull) charm of the RBR.

For 2010 I could well imagine (and even hope) that TLG will release a better and more detailed re-design of the Cloud City set in the price range around 250 Euros/Dollars (I hope that it won't be more since otherwise I could regrettably (like the awesome 10188 DS) not afford to buy it):

Cloud City is one of the two most important locations in ESB.

The second most important location - the Hoth Rebel Base - will regrettably surely not appear in 2010 since we already get that Echo Base BP this year.

The third big set I can think of TLG could release of ESB (a Rebel Medium Transport is absolutely excluded) is an ISD - but since we'll already get a big vehicle this year (the RBR) I bet that next year there'll be a big set which is not based on a vehicle but on a location.

The last version of the Cloud City was because of several reasons imo really bad. A new version would open up the possibility for improvements:

The rooms were not completely seperated but they were all more or less one whole big room. In a new version TLG could and even should make real seperated rooms.

There were some very important rooms missing which TLG could include in a new version: the room where Leia, Han and Chewy wait for Lando, the torture chamber where Han is tortured and a big corridor with elevator.

There were only two new minifigs: Lando and a Bespin Guard. Of course these have to be included in a new version, too, but one or two of these little creatures which handle the carbonite freezing machine (I think they're called Ughunauths) are absolutely needed. And Lobot with a Cloud City Car would be a great addition, too.

Klaus-Dieter

1. It's alexrider7 (It's ok.)

2. Next year, if they are going to do a 30th anniversery ESB subtheme, a Cloud City set is almost inevitable. (And yes they are called Ughnauts) They would need a Cloud Car, a Lobot and some Ughnauts.

3. Yeah, the set was like a big room. On display, Princess Leia was in the room when Darth Vader revealed that he was Luke's father. :tongue:

Over and out,

Edited by alexrider7

this may seem weird but i would prefer the tantive IV to be like the home one. I think that if they made the whole ship it could be very out of proportion. But i wouldnt be surprised to have it turn out like the republic cruiser. :tongue:

Since this didn't belong in the Aussie Sales thread, I'll post it here :tongue:

•Open the front hood to play inside Palpatine's detailed command center!

FAIL!

(From S@H description of Venator)

Since this didn't belong in the Aussie Sales thread, I'll post it here :tongue:

FAIL!

(From S@H description of Venator)

Wow.. you've got that one right.

Detailed, yeah right :laugh:

Looks like the Venator is the number one set to either hate or love this year :grin:

Can't wait for the Home One set to surface, I was told that it would be available in LEGOland Gunzburg today.

Don't you mean the Tantive IV? We saw the Home one a while ago. :wink: Oh, and on the subject of the venator, I'd like to say: HATE!

Don't you mean the Tantive IV? We saw the Home one a while ago. :wink: Oh, and on the subject of the venator, I'd like to say: HATE!

He means for purchasing, not looking at.

Can't wait for the Home One set to surface, I was told that it would be available in LEGOland Gunzburg today.

I thought it was supposed to be available around September?

Hopefully not that late.

At my local Lego store, they already had the model in the display case! So much for September!

A Tantive IV would be welcome- I missed out on the original UCS version, and I really don't feel like paying double the price for it on BL now. Here's to hoping!

A Tantive IV would be welcome- I missed out on the original UCS version, and I really don't feel like paying double the price for it on BL now. Here's to hoping!

Here's to hoping also! A reason that I want the Tantive IV is because it is the most iconic visual in the series. Ok, after the credits role, what do you see? The Tantive IV. (Well, actully Tatooine, but still!!!) I have the Imperial Star Destroyer UCS, and this would be great to put right in front of it. (I lost the mini-model.)

At my local Lego store, they already had the model in the display case! So much for September!

Which model? The Venator, the Home One, or the Tantive IV? :wacko:

Which model? The Venator, the Home One, or the Tantive IV? :wacko:

I think he means Home One but I'm not quite sure... :tongue:

Orion Out :skull:

I meant the Home One. We don't know if were going to get a Tantive IV yet.

Don't we?

That's odd.... 7754 Mon Calamari Star Cruiser / Home One Playset

10198 Tantive IV / Rebel Blockade Runner...

Well there's no official statement supporting the RBR, but I think we'll get it during upcoming US Event.

I hope the Tantavine IV will have a detailed cockpit area! :cry_happy: I am sure they will include the corridor in which Leia is captured too. Hopefully they will introduce some SNOT. :thumbup:

Well there's no official statement supporting the RBR, but I think we'll get it during upcoming US Event.

That's what I'm trying to say. Don't get me wrong, I dearly wish for the RBR, but we're just speculating that were getting it.

Ok I have to ask, just to get some clarification, feel free to nag me on my Star Wars noobiness(?)

What's the difference between the Tantive IV and the Rebel Blockade Runner?