KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

I hope there will be plenty of greebles on the RBRs. :thumbup: They don't look right when they're smooth and flawless. :sceptic:

I hope there will be plenty of greebles on the RBRs. :thumbup: They don't look right when they're smooth and flawless. :sceptic:

Have to agree with this, since only a select number of vehicles can pull off the flawlessly smooth look.

**Off topic --- So everybody knows, I plan on posting a Star Wars vig when I get 500 posts :wink: **

All this hype about the RBR is getting me... Hyped up. You know you can't expect much.

Minifigs. Darth Vader, a stormtrooper, Leia, Artoo, Threepio if we're lucky, a rebel or two. I wouldn't expect Antilles. If we got an escape pod it would probably be a downscaled replica of the one released back in 1999-2002.

I'll get the Pirate Tank. A black bandana! All the ones from Pirates are a dark green which makes them look black on the box.

Goodbye...

*The strangely depressed robot (Maybe my cousin is Marvin from The Hitchiker's Guide.)*

Edited by YG-49

I think with the RBR we will probably quite disappointed with the minifig selection that Lego give us.

it will still be amazing though

The overshading on the stormtroopers looks like some rebel spray-painted on it to annoy the emperor on inspection!

Off-Topic: What happened to brickshelf?! When I looked their were no pics!!! :oh:

I think similar to the UCS Falcon would be good. Areas where there are no greebles but then toward the engines and on the sides we need plenty.

I suspect there will be an interior, but I am only guessing because we just know that there is a Rebel Blockade Runner(s) set being released around Xmas. :wink:

Greetings,

JD

The overshading on the stormtroopers looks like some rebel spray-painted on it to annoy the emperor on inspection!

Off-Topic: What happened to brickshelf?! When I looked their were no pics!!! :oh:

Funny about the rebels, and Brickshelf goes down occasionally. :wink:

Can't..wait..to..see..pictures..of..the..R.B.R..................

I will also only get it if it's amazing, awesome, IT MUST BE DAMN AWESOME OR I WILL KICK THE BOX AROUND AND THROW IT AWAY. :tongue:

Does anyone else has the feeling we only get like 6 minifigs?

OFF-TOPIC: Man, I would be really disappointed if the RBR turns out like the Home One. Lol. But who wouldn't?

Will the RBR have an interior or will it be a play set like the Home One set?
Since I don´t have the RBR UCS my self, I was at some point at CopMike´s place and fumbled with it.

There is no way that you (as it is now) to easy re-build it to fit mini-figs in it.

You have to rearange the whole ship.

So therefore when we got the Republic Cruiser, I thought to myself, with the same structure like this, I could MOC it to become a mini-fig RBR.

And that is what I think TLC has done.

We will get a modified Republic Cruiser, maybe 2-300 pieces more.

This is just a qualyfied guess.

-Ras-

IMHO I thought that the Republic Cruiser, although huge enough, wasn't big enough on the inside for play features. They just sat there and that was that. For the Rebel Blockade Runner I would want a bigger interior.

Note: Maybe there should be a poll for the most anticapated 2009 wave 2 set. For me, although the Endor set and Tantive IV looks (sounds) good, I would have to say the Tank Droid as it would replace my Republic Fighter Tank, which is huge, as a mobile defense unit to take to any battlefield for huge strategical battles--> Clone to E5 :tongue:

Since I don´t have the RBR UCS my self, I was at some point at CopMike´s place and fumbled with it.

There is no way that you (as it is now) to easy re-build it to fit mini-figs in it.

You have to rearange the whole ship.

So therefore when we got the Republic Cruiser, I thought to myself, with the same structure like this, I could MOC it to become a mini-fig RBR.

And that is what I think TLC has done.

We will get a modified Republic Cruiser, maybe 2-300 pieces more.

This is just a qualyfied guess.

-Ras-

I hope not... :cry_sad:

(In my recollection) TLC has never done this before.

Yes, they have re-released older models with modifications, but never a "new" model.

I think the work it would take to modify the Republic Cruiser to a RBR would be to much.

Another reason would be the expected prize which is doubled.

If they were to modify a set to fit minifigures than it would would be UCS version.

Yes, that would mean rearranging the whole ship, but in my opinion that would be easier than rearranging the Republic Cruiser.

Hi,

yesterday I visited our LL in Germany and: trara: they have all the new Star Wars Sets (7748, 7749, 8036, 8037, 8038, 8039) in stock!!

I bought several sets and want to inform you that they all are just great!!! The minifigs are really cool.

In the 8039 venator (Price was 139,99€!, not 180€ as we list on the first page) there is a new tile 6x6 under the sticker with the republic sign!

greetings Hendrik

under the sticker with the republic sign!
It's a sticker? :cry_sad: I thought it looked too big to be a sticker. Also, could you (finally) give us the details of the Senate Commando heads?

Goodbye...

*Mr. (Dorky) Obnoxious (Tusken Accountant)*

Hi,

yes, it is a sticker..)-; I hate stickers!!

The senats head is the normal Clone Trooper head, but the helmet looks different (not only blue), it is a new mold. Palpatine has Count Dooku's hair in tan...

Nute Gunray is a fantastic fig, as fantastic as the Onaconda Farr!

And battle of Endor and the Echo Base are really great! :classic:

I have many sets left to build... :classic:

post-1350-1242558677.jpg

Maybe the RBR is going to be in the same price range as the AT-OT Dropship and will have an interior.

Hi,

yesterday I visited our LL in Germany and: trara: they have all the new Star Wars Sets (7748, 7749, 8036, 8037, 8038, 8039) in stock!!

I bought several sets and want to inform you that they all are just great!!! The minifigs are really cool.

In the 8039 venator (Price was 139,99€!, not 180€ as we list on the first page) there is a new tile 6x6 under the sticker with the republic sign!

greetings Hendrik

Hi Hendrik, if you bought the Y-Wing Bomber, can you let us know if it have a new R2-D2 ? If so, can you take a pic of it ?

I think the only new thing is it has a chrome head piece.

Goodbye...

*The Alerter

Edited by YG-49

I think the only new thing is it has a chrome head piece.

Goodbye...

*The Alerter

It would be the same one from 10188, which isn't chrome, its light bley. :wink:

It would be the same one from 10188, which isn't chrome, its light bley. :wink:

I agree. I think it will be the new R2-D2 design we've seen in the 10188 Death Star, not the old design with chrome printing. We know it'll be the new version in the Battle Of Endor set, so why wouldn't it be that one in the Y-Wing?

I agree. I think it will be the new R2-D2 design we've seen in the 10188 Death Star, not the old design with chrome printing. We know it'll be the new version in the Battle Of Endor set, so why wouldn't it be that one in the Y-Wing?

It is it of course. As you can see in e.g. this picture:

8037.004.jpg

Greetings 'Bricks'

It is it of course. As you can see in e.g. this picture:

You're right. I thought so as all the pictures on the first page of this topic show R2 with a bley head as well.

It's a sticker? :cry_sad: I thought it looked too big to be a sticker. Also, could you (finally) give us the details of the Senate Commando heads?

Goodbye...

*Mr. (Dorky) Obnoxious (Tusken Accountant)*

Excuse me? :wacko: