KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

The Snail Tank clone doesn't have a jetpack! :thumbdown:

legos9.jpg

I think and hope that the clone jetpack was under development when these mock up boxes were made. At the moment it looks to me that the designers have put in a "box pack" as a substitute. If a Jet trooper isn't included then the box art would make no sense!

Wow! I have been looking for hours but just now decide to post and I need to admit I really love this new pics. Finally we get pics of Nute and Farr and also some nice pics of Hoth and Endor too :cry_happy: . The only thing that dissapoints me is that all of these are still very preliminary in my opinion and I think we need to wait till the International TF to see what we are going to get :sadnew::tongue: . I am very pleased by the new AT-ST and I think is something really important in this new Endor set, just lookat that walker is maybe the best designed AT-something since the old AT-AT in my opinion :thumbup: , not even the new AT-TE can beat this new AT-ST model :grin: . Also I really hope the TLC is going to reveal a big Anniversary set in the TF (I donĀ“t mean UCS or the Mon Cal Cruiser), anyone remember when the TLC asked us what we want as an anniversary set to be probably released in October 2009 and have a $150-$200 price point? Well I remember it and now I am really looking foward to that "rumor".

The NR-N99 Persuader looks ok, i dont like the AT-ST, the feet are too narrow, and just looks rubbish compared to the old one.

I really like those new sets that we will have in the summer.

Wonder when we will see the rumored MF and Home One though.

I dont like the AT-ST, the feet are too narrow, and just looks rubbish compared to the old one.
Which old one do you mean?

The last version, or the first?

The last version, 7657, is just horrible the whole set.

IĀ“m really glad that we get a redesign of it.

The feets are easily modded.

Easier to mod those, then the whole model.

A bit funny that they put on the front plates upsidedown on that one :classic:

Looking forward to an expensive summer!

-Ras-

Yeah, no kidding, that is exactly what I am waiting for!

Which old one do you mean?

The last version, or the first?

The last version, 7657, is just horrible the whole set.

IĀ“m really glad that we get a redesign of it.

The feets are easily modded.

Easier to mod those, then the whole model.

A bit funny that they put on the front plates upsidedown on that one :classic:

Looking forward to an expensive summer!

-Ras-

No not that one, this one.

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?...n=416&d=322

dont you think this new fez piece from indiana jones

7197-11.jpg

will someday make a great jedi?

zmundi.jpg

Considering that the ATST u linked is an UCS worth about $100,

And the ENTIRE endor set is worth about $100

I would assume that yes, it WOULDN'T look as good ;)

However, TLC have done a wonderful job with it, considering all other things.

The only set i'm really sold on is endor, the Hoth one seems a little meh. If they re-release the old hoth rebel bases alongside it, i might pick it up to make a diorama, but by itself its not very appealing.

Am i the only one that thinks that the shuttle is WAY too small for the minifigs?

dont you think this new fez piece from indiana jones

will someday make a great jedi?

I'd rather they made him with an extended LEGO head like in the game than put something on top.

My views:

I think the Hoth turret is much worse than the one in the Hoth Rebel Base but the bunker, tauntaun and big gun are good as are the figs so it's not such a big issue.

The Y-Wing looks good but is too big and expensive for me. Plus the poor fig choice, in my opinion.

The shuttle looks really small but looks accurate-shaped. Nute Gunray looks good but I don't really like Farr's multi-green head.

The Endor rebels and R2 are disappointing so I hope they change them but I like the new AT-ST.

Hope to see pictures of the other sets soon.

Considering that the ATST u linked is an UCS worth about $100,

And the ENTIRE endor set is worth about $100

I would assume that yes, it WOULDN'T look as good ;)

However, TLC have done a wonderful job with it, considering all other things.

The only set i'm really sold on is endor, the Hoth one seems a little meh. If they re-release the old hoth rebel bases alongside it, i might pick it up to make a diorama, but by itself its not very appealing.

Am i the only one that thinks that the shuttle is WAY too small for the minifigs?

I must have missed where they have already posted how much each set will be costing, i dont see the Endor set being that cheap.

Just saw the new pics, and WOW! I just finished posting on the Space police thread that Starwars had gotten really stale for me, and then these come out! Very glad to see ewoks and tauntauns again. Some folks will be disapointed that it seems like these new sets are smaller and more play oriented, but I'm just glad to see that they seem to be very rich in figure content. I guess I may have to give Starwars a second chance.

Hmm..they look better than the prelim pics, but Nute Gunray, if he isn't Lok Durr, looks worse.

Are these prelim too? If not, I am highly dissappointed with the Ewoks.

Other than that it is great.

This will be a Clone Wars year for me, but the two anniversary sets might get in here too...

i was realy lookin forward to the snail tank, and i only see a little bit of the front of the box, is there any other pics im missing?

a few years back we didn't have enough different headpieces, this year they seem to make to mutch of them. I don' like it that they changed the visors of the Hoth Troopers again, there's no consistentie.

Hmm..they look better than the prelim pics, but Nute Gunray, if he isn't Lok Durr, looks worse.

This will be a Clone Wars year for me, but the two anniversary sets might get in here too...

These are for the most part prelim still as indicated by the text. :classic:

The Hoth Rebel goggles look a bit odd when compared with the basics. :sceptic:

The Tauntaun is a WIN of course, and I do expect a sand green head for Gunray. I note with interest, though, that Senator Farr has a colored Rodian head... :cry_happy:

Personally, I think that they all look great. It's going to be really hard to decide which one to buy.

7748 - I doubt that the clone won't have a jetpack - I mean, they hardly fly up into the air without one. :tongue:

8036 - If the Neimoidian is Lok Durd, I will be incredibly shocked. It was Gunray on Rodia, not Durd so it would make no sense to put him in there. :sceptic:

8037 - More of Anakin and Ahsoka? Can't they put in clone pilots instead? :cry_sad:

Personally, I think that they all look great. It's going to be really hard to decide which one to buy.

7748 - I doubt that the clone won't have a jetpack - I mean, they hardly fly up into the air without one. :tongue:

8036 - If the Neimoidian is Lok Durd, I will be incredibly shocked. It was Gunray on Rodia, not Durd so it would make no sense to put him in there. :sceptic:

8037 - More of Anakin and Ahsoka? Can't they put in clone pilots instead? :cry_sad:

Besides, wouldn't we rather have Durd with the Defoliator, and, potentially, Aayla and Bly?

I won't deny that Durd's headpiece is similar to the one in the set but I don't think TLC is capable of SUCH a blunder. :wink:

Anyone know how the two sides of the Seperatist Shuttle wing are attached? It looks like there are studs on the outside, but the open bottoms meet in the middle!

legos7.jpg

I think I see large technic beams on the side...

Edited by Darth Legolas

How are you disappointed with the ewoks? They aren't even finished with the colours yet.

Edited by Skipper 24

Anyone know how the two sides of the Seperatist Shuttle wing are attached? =It looks like there are studs on the outside, but the open bottoms meet in the middle!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/whitefan...Misc/legos7.jpg..

I think I see large technic beams on the side...

Well, nice question.

I think they made the same technology, which you can find in the ''7674: V-19 Torrent'' set!

The other set's are all great, especially Nute Gunray and the new Hoth Rebels, with their new helmets.

So all in all I must say: Great work LEGO, and bad times for my money :grin: .

Greetings 'Bricks'

How are you disappointed with the ewoks? They aren't even finished with the colours yet.

I think the ewoks were put together wrong, based on the box pictures the heads should be switched, grey on brown and brown on grey. Maybe we get some printing on the faces, but I think they are pretty close to what we had before.

In all, yay for OT! 4-5 Hoth, 3-4 Endor, can't wait for Home One and new MF. I may even pick up the Sepratists shuttle for the figs.

Edited by Flesh Skywalker