Oky

Star Wars

I bought myself a copy of Republic Commando today... :wub:

I love this game! The story is amazing, and the gameplay is a lot of fun. The graphics hardly even show the game's age! The multiplayer shines as well... :cry_happy: It kind of reminds me of Halo multiplayer, except rendered in Star Wars. That is definitely not a bad thing! Why did I wait so long to get this game?!

Sorry, I'll stop geeking out now :grin: ...

:laugh: I haven't played it either, although I really want to. Unfortunately, I don't have an Xbox. I wonder if my computer could handle it. Hmm...

There's a neat new item on the SW shop website- Luke Skywalker's ceremonial jacket. :wub: (There's the medal, too, but I don't really care about that.) The jacket is really nice, and I'd love to have it, if it weren't for the price. $275 is just way too much.

There's a neat new item on the SW shop website- Luke Skywalker's ceremonial jacket. :wub: (There's the medal, too, but I don't really care about that.) The jacket is really nice, and I'd love to have it, if it weren't for the price. $275 is just way too much.

Interesting... That could pass as a normal fashionable jacket that one could actually use outside without screaming SW geek/fanboy (without the medal of course) :laugh:. If not only for the steep price... :sadnew:

FBTB says that Anthony Daniels has returned to play C-3PO in the new Star Tours ride. Seriously, you have to love this guy. Goes to all the big conventions, plays his part in nearly every official release, and is great about autographs and stuff interacting with the fans. Do yo realize that (to the best of my knowledge) no one else has ever played C-3PO in any official movie, TV-show, or radio drama? Edited by Brickdoctor

FBTB says that Anthony Daniels has returned to play C-3PO in the new Star Tours ride. Seriously, you have to love this guy. Goes to all the big conventions, plays his part in every official release, and is great about autographs and stuff interacting with the fans. Do yo realize that (to the best of my knowledge) no one else has ever played C-3PO in any official movie, TV-show, or radio drama?

Anthony Daniels didn't do the games so if you count them as official then its slightly wrong. The only other actor I can think of who is his character in star wars media is Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) because he did all of the voices for jango. (as well as boba and some clones.)

Edited by simonjedi

Anthony Daniels didn't do the games so if you count them as official then its slightly wrong. The only other actor I can think of who is his character in star wars media is Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) because he did most of the voices for jango/boba and some clones.

Later in my post I specified TV, movies, and radio dramas, but yes, I should clarify more.

default_laugh_new.gif I haven't played it either, although I really want to. Unfortunately, I don't have an Xbox. I wonder if my computer could handle it. Hmm...

Well, I've seen it for computer. I plan to get it eventually....

I haven't played it either, although I really want to.

It's Available on Steam for £6.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/6000/

Unfortunately, I don't have an Xbox. I wonder if my computer could handle it. Hmm...

Unless your computer is like 8 years old you shouldn't have any problem running it.

Later in my post I specified TV, movies, and radio dramas, but yes, I should clarify more.

According to wookiepedia 'and Jim Ward provided vocal talents for all three Dark Empire audio dramas.' So not completely true. Your theory is close enough with out being pedantic about it.

EDIT: haha, 1138th post in a Star Wars thread

Edited by simonjedi

The only other actor I can think of who is his character in star wars media is Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) because he did all of the voices for jango. (as well as boba and some clones.)

Really? I didn't know that. Too bad he didn't do them for TCW, though...

graphics are really amazing for it on pc. SO much better then Battlefront II's, surprisingly.

graphics are really amazing for it on pc. SO much better then Battlefront II's, surprisingly.

Really? Maybe I should get it. There's an edition that comes in a jewel case instead of a DVD case that I saw somewhere for five bucks.

That is because it ruined his career, and he can't do anything else.

If you ask me its sad.

I wouldn't say its better than BFII, just a different style. RC is more 'gritty'.

That is because it ruined his career, and he can't do anything else.

If you ask me its sad.

Who? Anthony Daniels or Temuera Morrison? I'm assuming you mean Anthony Daniels.

StarWars.com has the first look at Choices of One, sequel to Allegiance. Due to be released July 2011, during the 20th anniversary year of Heir to the Empire. Personally, I can't wait. Zahn is my favorite sci-fi author of all time, and I really enjoyed Allegiance. Finalized characters are Luke, Leia, Han, and Mara. (surprise! :tongue: ) They also have a prelim but officially released cover image, but it's massive so I didn't deeplink it.

EDIT: Forgot the link. :blush: Not sure how smart the ad program on SW.com is, but I keep getting this huge and annoying McDonalds ad- you've been warned. :laugh:

Edited by Brickdoctor

For any Aussies who may have missed it check out ten.com.au for this weeks good news week, it had Carry Fisher on it, and she was funny as hell.

somebody tell me what to think, should I be happy? scarred? bothered? or what?!?!? Star Wars sequels from a reliable source? click to read!

and for those of you who do not wish to click the link. Brought over from IESB

Don't start packing up your lawn chairs and igloo coolers just yet, but there will once again be "camping out" for a Star Wars movie. IESB has learned some news about the future of the Star Wars franchise.

First, let me remind our readers of IESB's past scoops so anyone doubting the news will be aware. From Joss Whedon directing the Avengers, to the recent announcement of Disney's planned renegotiation of the Paramount Marvel deal, to the countless casting scoops, directing scoops, to our solid sources at Lucasfilm.

Confirmed IESB scoops specific to the Star Wars universe include the first announcement of the PG-13 rating of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, the first word of a live action Star Wars TV series as well as the Clone Wars animated series. Yes, all of these Lucasfilm scoops were all first reported here on IESB.

Now on to our newest big Lucasfilm scoop, ready? George Lucas is plotting to create new Star Wars movies at the ultra top-secret Skywalker Ranch.

This is déjà vu of the mid 90's when Uncle George starting tweaking the Holy Trilogy to gear up for the Special Editions. That was his first step in moving forward with the eventual prequel trilogy.

It's happening all over again, Lucasfilm is already hard at work converting the entire Star Wars saga into 3D which will be released starting with Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 2012. The word from our ultra top-secret Lucasfilm insider is that Lucas has gotten the itch and is already looking ahead into launching an entirely new trilogy in that galaxy far, far away.

What do we know? First of all, these new film will have nothing to do with the live action television series currently in development. That show already has over 50 scripts ready to go and plenty of pre-production time and money has been spent on artwork and storyboards. Once that show goes into production, Lucasfilm hopes to be able to produce at least 100 episodes since that is the threshold for syndication in the United States.

IESB has been told fans can expect the new trilogy after the entire saga is released in 3D which is expected to be complete around 2015 or 2016.

Uncle George's modus operandi has not changed, the plan is that he will self finance the new trilogy after he rakes in an expected $500 - $750 million dollars with the re-release of the entire Star Wars Saga in 3D and on Blu-Ray.

The ideal plan, according to our spy at Skywalker Ranch, is to be able to release a new Star Wars film within 24 months after the release of the last re-re-release (is that right?) of Return of the Jedi 3D.

Too early for story details but one thing that our source is certain about, they will not be prequels but instead sequels. It's not for certain if they will be the long awaited Episodes 7, 8 and 9 but could instead be Episodes 10, 11 and 12 or possibly even further out in the Star Wars timeline. And by giving space in the timeline, possibly even as far as 100 years or 1,000 years in the Star Wars universe future, Lucas avoids having to make these stories "fit in" with what the previous stories have told.

According to our sources, the most likely scenario for the films is that they will exist in the same universe but will not have anything to do with the Skywalker Clan. That story has been told, that starship has sailed.

What has caused this sudden change of heart for Uncle George? Well, besides the obvious possible billions that a new Star Wars trilogy will take in, our source tells us that George has gotten motivated with the success the Clone Wars animated series, the video games and also with the success of Avatar.

Can we expect Lucasfilm to confirm our story? Have they ever? Nope, I am sure that they will spin this or completly deny the story, but we will stand 100% behind our source.

So thats it, I need to go lie down!

StarWars.com has the first look at Choices of One, sequel to Allegiance. Due to be released July 2011, during the 20th anniversary year of Heir to the Empire. Personally, I can't wait. Zahn is my favorite sci-fi author of all time, and I really enjoyed Allegiance. Finalized characters are Luke, Leia, Han, and Mara. (surprise! default_tong.gif ) They also have a prelim but officially released cover image, but it's massive so I didn't deeplink it.

EDIT: Forgot the link. default_blush.gif Not sure how smart the ad program on SW.com is, but I keep getting this huge and annoying McDonalds ad- you've been warned. default_laugh_new.gif

Sweet! Is that LeRoan's group behind Mara? i certainly hope so- they were my favorite charecters in Alliegance.

"Thurston, I think I'm going to faint."

I'm not sure whether to be elated or concerned. When I was a kid, I always assumed there would be nine episodes, but now that I've grown out of that and read the EU stuff, I can't help but worry that this will screw up the timeline like CW did. For one, the SW movies have between 3 and 19 in-universe years between them, and that space is largely taken up by novels. They can't do a movie directly after Ep. 6 without possibly contradicting Truce at Bakura and The Courtship of Princess Leia. Ten and Twenty years after are the events of the Thrawn Trilogy and Thrawn Duology. And in between is a ton of other big novels and comics. Unless Lucasfilm is going to just get the rights to replay the events of those stories, they don't have very much room to maneuver. It's not 1999 anymore, and they don't have a huge chunk of empty timeline to fill. And they'll have to go way into the future to compensate for the actor's ages or (very bad idea) hire new actors. Personally, I think it would be awesome if they just shelled out the cash and turned the novels into movies. Besides, what happened to the whole 'SW is the story of Vader, Anakin was introduced and Vader died, end of story' thing? I guess they could have the Jedi ghosts become main characters, but that would rewrite everything we know about the nature, laws, and story of Jedi ghosts.

Sweet! Is that LeRoan's group behind Mara? i certainly hope so- they were my favorite charecters in Alliegance.

Well if it's the sequel....

If they are maing a sequel, i hope it's the Thrawn trilogy. It has been considered to be what would be the final trilogy- if George does this, then it would be an appropriate choice. Besides, heir To the Empire is being re-released soon, ins't it?

If they are maing a sequel, i hope it's the Thrawn trilogy. It has been considered to be what would be the final trilogy- if George does this, then it would be an appropriate choice. Besides, heir To the Empire is being re-released soon, ins't it?

Yeah. The 20th anniversary edition is next year.

A new trilogy? Oh dear. :look:

And by giving space in the timeline, possibly even as far as 100 years or 1,000 years in the Star Wars universe future, Lucas avoids having to make these stories "fit in" with what the previous stories have told.

Oh please, please, please. Continuity is one of the things in SW that bugs me the most, and if that's out of the way...whew.

And Lucas? Please listen to the fans this time. No more politics. We want more swashbuckling action, the way the original trilogy was. And, most of all, we want better actors. We want talented, iconic, and funny actors. Because, Lucas, we've seen your attempts at humor. And we hated it. Jar-Jar was not funny.

Please, no more tailoring it to the kiddies.

Funny, the thing that stands out to me the most right now is that we could have new John Williams music. :oh:

A new trilogy? Oh dear. :look:

Oh please, please, please. Continuity is one of the things in SW that bugs me the most, and if that's out of the way...whew.

And Lucas? Please listen to the fans this time. No more politics. We want more swashbuckling action, the way the original trilogy was. And, most of all, we want better actors. We want talented, iconic, and funny actors. Because, Lucas, we've seen your attempts at humor. And we hated it. Jar-Jar was not funny.

Please, no more tailoring it to the kiddies.

Funny, the thing that stands out to me the most right now is that we could have new John Williams music. :oh:

You want new music? The last time we had that was CW. I know there'll be new character and event scores, but it'll be enough for me just to hear the good ol' Imperial March. :classic: That song wasn't done justice by the prequels. Just watch the Executer entrance scene from ESB...

Dum, dum, dum, Dum, DA-DUM, dum, dum, dum, Dum, d-dum, dum, da-dum... :grin: No, I can't sing.

Funny, the thing that stands out to me the most right now is that we could have new John Williams music. default_oh.gif

Point. Although Kevin Kiner isokay- the Christphsis battle music was epic- it really doesn't compare to John Williams. If it is indeed Thrwan trilogy, I hope Thrawn gets a great theme.

I saw this too on another website.

Im kinda amped for this, even though its about 8 years away. Yeah some parts of the prequel trilogy were bad but overall it was pretty good in my opinion. If George does devote his time to this to figure the story out, get great, fresh and talented actors to play the parts then this will be a big hit like the originals. If he treats these as a whole new thing then it may work, or that will be its downfall. Having no real connections could make it new and exciting or it could not appeal to people and fans of the OT.

To be honest, I dont care if he breaks the EU timeline. The Star Wars universe has every little gap filled in with something some one has written. He also cant just rehash the Thrawn Trilogy either, that's just not right. I look at the universe this way, I look at the movies first and foremost, then the other project (CW, Holiday), then the video games (Jedi Knight, Force Unleashed etc) and then finally all the books and comics. This way the books can be seen as extras not necessities to the Saga. It fills in the gaps that someone else thought that need filling, not George Lucas. With the amount of books, everything overlaps and sometimes things will get overlooked because when you start choosing pieces of info to include in a character like say, Aurra Sing, then you have to include all the back story to her. This can also overlap causing just a big mess. This is why I dont really care for EU that much.

This could very well be the beginning of something unspeakably epic. Or not. Not sure yet.

He'd better leave the already-placed trilogy alone. It's all said and done already. I want the Dark Times era or the EU (After OT). Having Darth Vader route out Jedi with the 501st would be cool. However, there are many problems. The main cast (Luke, Han, Leia) cannot be in any of them. Except for Chewie, Vader, 3P0 and R2. They can kind of played again if needed.

The main question now, I'm supposing, is when this takes place.

However, there are many problems. The main cast (Luke, Han, Leia) cannot be in any of them.

Why not? They are still alive, and the main part is that they are still working. Well Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford are but Carrie Fisher has just done a few interviews so she is still active. Also they have aged so George can always weave that into the timeline and story.