They'll be featured in a forthcoming MOC.

You'll find them on a separate thread as this is more for the traditional castle armies.

AC

But why not? Castle has had fantasy elements since the early 90's ! :dsweet:

And if you look on the banner on the upper left corner, you can see a red dragon (Smaug!), a dwarf, and an orc!

Edited by SheepEater

ACPin, what are those interesting shields you use for your impressive Persian army?

It's an old design of the Gungan shield.

And SheepEater, I'm sure that by nightfall these topics will be swarming with Orcs, Dwarves, Elves, and Hobbits. Well, maybe not by nightfall but in due time anyway. It takes some time to amass credible armies from the new factions.

Edited by Haltiamieli

Great work everyone! I love the persian army. I never thought anyone would find a good use for the gungan shields, but they look great on the persians! I am loving all of the photos so keep it up.

Here is my Uruk-hai army (minus 2 Uruk-hai that were hiding on a ladder and one Berserker)!

DSCN1791.jpg

DSCN1787.jpg

DSCN1781.jpg

DSCN1783.jpg

DSCN1784.jpg

Uruk-hai, Cave Troll, and Moria Orcs

DSCN1792.jpg

DSCN1794.jpg

Rhorrium Army (I use Eomer as a standard grunt since I have no other use for so many of him :sceptic: )

DSCN1801.jpg

DSCN1804.jpg

Rhorrium on horseback

DSCN1796.jpg

DSCN1797.jpg

That's all! For now...

DSCN1790.jpg

Great looking Rohirrim and Uruk-hai armies! I support your use of Eomer as just another grunt; as a minifigure he doesn't stand out much from the other soldiers (unlike Theoden and his armor). It would be a waste to keep him out of the army just because technically he's unique.

Great army!! You could also make a costume for lurtz,because going to war naked isnt a good idea :laugh:

I wouldn't want to be the one who has to tell him that! default_laugh2.gif

Anyone who isn't Lurtz: "Um, excuse me... Mr. Lurtz? Maybe you should, uhh... wear some armor into battle?"

Lurtz: "Rawr! Puny thing, Lurtz needs no armor to smash and chop!" *Proceeds to smash and chop the poor victim* "Anyone else want to see me wearing armor?! RAAAAGH!"

Great looking Rohirrim and Uruk-hai armies! I support your use of Eomer as just another grunt; as a minifigure he doesn't stand out much from the other soldiers (unlike Theoden and his armor). It would be a waste to keep him out of the army just because technically he's unique.

Yup... the main problem is the gold-trimmed helmet which makes him stand out a bit, but I guess it's one of the compromises one has to make to make the figure useful.

I wouldn't want to be the one who has to tell him that! default_laugh2.gif

Anyone who isn't Lurtz: "Um, excuse me... Mr. Lurtz? Maybe you should, uhh... wear some armor into battle?"

Lurtz: "Rawr! Puny thing, Lurtz needs no armor to smash and chop!" *Proceeds to smash and chop the poor victim* "Anyone else want to see me wearing armor?! RAAAAGH!"

Until legolas shot an arrow on his knee, :grin:

Great army!! You could also make a costume for lurtz,because going to war naked isnt a good idea :laugh:

Because of his hair, he can't wear the chest plate the other Uruk-hai come with. I guess I could put a helmet on him, but then he looks too similar to the rest of the Uruk-hai imo!

Because of his hair, he can't wear the chest plate the other Uruk-hai come with. I guess I could put a helmet on him, but then he looks too similar to the rest of the Uruk-hai imo!

When l say costume l mean take a regular uruk-hai torso and legs and insted of its stantard head and hands put lurtzs,that wouls be a decent costume for him.

ACPin, what are those interesting shields you use for your impressive Persian army?

They're from the old SW Gungan Patrol set.

But why not? Castle has had fantasy elements since the early 90's ! :dsweet:

And if you look on the banner on the upper left corner, you can see a red dragon (Smaug!), a dwarf, and an orc!

Ask the other member why he started the LOTR army building thread and didn't just add it here.

It's an old design of the Gungan shield.

And SheepEater, I'm sure that by nightfall these topics will be swarming with Orcs, Dwarves, Elves, and Hobbits. Well, maybe not by nightfall but in due time anyway. It takes some time to amass credible armies from the new factions.

That's right about the shield.

Great work everyone! I love the persian army. I never thought anyone would find a good use for the gungan shields, but they look great on the persians! I am loving all of the photos so keep it up.

I've actually used the same shields in another castle MOC.

AC

Ask the other member why he started the LOTR army building thread and didn't just add it here.

In all fairness that thread was more about the different ways to build a LotR inspired army and the different variations in minifigs while doing so. This thread is pictures of your own personal army! Similar threads for sure, but not exactly the same :tongue:

Wow nice classic minifigs smitty. I never seen that cart with the roofpieces (on the left side of last pic) before. Looks classy imo

Wow nice classic minifigs smitty. I never seen that cart with the roofpieces (on the left side of last pic) before. Looks classy imo

It's from 6079. I'm missing some roof pieces so I had to improvise.

A question to the castle afficionados...

... before the 2nd wave of LOTR comes out, what unmodded castle minifig do you works best as a Gondor soldier? I was thinking crown knights but my knowledge of the Castle themes is very limited.

I've actually used the same shields in another castle MOC.

AC

Like I said, I didn't think anyone would find a good use for those shields. I am glad you moved them over to the persian army. I give you kudos for your 2nd usage of those shields, as for the first use?...

I like the rest of the castle MOC but those purple shields on the green army is too much for me. Reminds me of the Knights Kingdom days... :sick: No offense meant at all AC.

Like I said, I didn't think anyone would find a good use for those shields. I am glad you moved them over to the persian army. I give you kudos for your 2nd usage of those shields, as for the first use?...

I like the rest of the castle MOC but those purple shields on the green army is too much for me. Reminds me of the Knights Kingdom days... :sick: No offense meant at all AC.

You're actually right about the idea for the green army as that MOC was a castle fantasy MOC (skeleton army should've been a dead give-away). And none taken. :grin:

AC

PS. Here's a redux of an old MOC.

7634145772_4462444d7e_c.jpg

I have to say, I never get tired of looking at nice army pics. :classic: