Derek

Black Friday 2008

Is it just me or do I remember someone getting a 2009 (2008 back then) set on Black Friday last year? :look:

That's just you. The rest of us still lives in the year 2008. :tongue:

Seriously though, I hadn't heard of anything like that. :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

This is even better! I have always wanted this set, and for it to be randomly showing up at Target after quite sometime is pretty much a dead giveaway! I can't wait! :sweet::thumbup:

If you feel like taking a gamble, the LEGO Brand stores (in the US, anyway) are having a Black Friday sale. At checkout on November 28th you'll be given a scratch off card. On that card is a discount of 10%, 20% or 50% off your entire purchase. Offer good while scratch off cards are in stock.

--Tony

If you feel like taking a gamble, the LEGO Brand stores (in the US, anyway) are having a Black Friday sale. At checkout on November 28th you'll be given a scratch off card. On that card is a discount of 10%, 20% or 50% off your entire purchase. Offer good while scratch off cards are in stock.

--Tony

Awesome!! Even 10% will be nice (IMO) as it offsets the tax.

Wow that would be a great thing, imagine getting a 50% card and getting something like the UCS Falcon for $250, that would be great! However it is quite a chance, still great! Ill check out my Target to see if there is anything there.

I went to Target today, they had the ISD. I am willing to bet good money that this is the black friday set. I cannot wait. :grin:

darthperson

I went to Target today, they had the ISD. I am willing to bet good money that this is the black friday set. I cannot wait. :grin:

darthperson

As I have reported 2 days ago, 2 of 3 Target stores in my area have the ISD back in stock. I went back to check after work and the 3rd Target store now has the ISD in stock, too. Unfortunately, when I went back to the first 2 stores, I only find ISDs on the shelves. Those on top of the shelves are now gone! I mean, literally! Could it be that some stock person accidentally brought out all their Inventory way too early and the mistake being corrected? It's impossible that AFOLs have bought most of the ISDs in just a couple of days...

I suggest those of you who're near a Target store to check this weekend/when you get the chance.

I plan on checking mine tommarow or sunday.

Well I do have a fear, that these are going to be bought up at $50 so fast most people won't be able to get one, I hope thats not true but it sounds like this is a hit!

They aren't at $50 already are they? :sceptic:

I'll have to check my Target one of these days. :thumbup:

No and they probobly won't be until or around black Friday

Edited by Matteo Kenobi

No and they probobly won't be until or around black Friday

Not until Black Friday. I hope to get out this year, but the point is, that the stores open super early, like 5 am, and you get what you get, and when its gone, its gone. They might be online Black Friday though, because ast year my Target sold out of the Airport, and I checked to site that night, and they had it for the discount. Free shipping to boot.

The Target near downtown Houston had several ISD on sale yesterday. The first thing that popped in my head when I saw it was this thread. If it is indeed the Black Friday item, I will be there when the doors open. :)

So, that's it then? The ISD for half the price? :sceptic:

I'm sorry to sound so disappointed, but honestly, I was hoping for the MTT to finally go on sale. Or perhaps even something like this:

50% off any large set and I will get 2 or 3 of them at the target near me. I would love that.

Whatever happened to that anyway? Was that ever confirmed? It would be so great if it was true! But how do they define a "large set"? Anything over $100?

Oh well, I guess I'll find out on Black Friday. If there is no other really good sale, I'll just go for it and buy a large set from my lego store, hoping to get one of the higher rebates. But I bet you'll have to be really, really lucky to get the 50%. :sceptic:

I am pleased that the ISD made a comeback, although I was sort of hoping for the King's Castle Seige to go on saile, the MTT would be nice as well.

Now is it just the ISD that will be on sale? Is that the only lego or are other things getting their prices cut? Any small $20-$50 sets going on sale at Target? I know Toys R Us actually has some good deals (that has to be a first) as the Twilight at $90, the Troll Assault Wagon at $15.99, the Creator Beach House at $24.99, some others as well I believe. This is nice, however I really hope Target cuts these as well. Because we all seem to favor Target so much more :classic:

Okay, As many of you know, Target has for the past several year had a large Lego 50% off item as part of their Black Friday sale.

I've been noticing set 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer reappearing at my local Targets so there is a good chance this will be the set.

Until the time of the sale it is at its normal $100 price.

And just for good measure check out this thread from last year for more details.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry213909

Oh, did I send you directly to my prediction post ;-)

My next year prediction was way off as Exo-Force is dead. I'm currently thinking next year might be the big Agent's truck or if we are lucky, the Clone Wars Gunship.

-Tohst

I doubt it will be the Agents Truck or the Republic Gunship since both came out in late 08. The Mars-Mission Eagle Command Base might be a possibility though.

I saw three of this set at my local Target too...sounds like a good guess to me. This might make it worth while to wake up early that day :)

Okay, As many of you know, Target has for the past several year had a large Lego 50% off item as part of their Black Friday sale.

I've been noticing set 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer reappearing at my local Targets so there is a good chance this will be the set.

Until the time of the sale it is at its normal $100 price.

And just for good measure check out this thread from last year for more details.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry213909

Oh, did I send you directly to my prediction post ;-)

My next year prediction was way off as Exo-Force is dead. I'm currently thinking next year might be the big Agent's truck or if we are lucky, the Clone Wars Gunship.

-Tohst