Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Witch Hunt Mafia - Day 1

OOC: Curse you non-edit rule!!!!

I've heard that witches are allergic to garlic. Oh wait, no. That's vampires. Oh I wish witches showed the symptoms of vampires. Then we would see them burning right now, and other things. So far there's no way to tell without a clue, but hopefully that won't mean that someone needs to be killed. Go on and have your banter. Maybe we'll find out who's a witch from it. Remember, I'll be watching you...

Aha, but witches might afraid that they are allergic to garlic! Anyone who doesn't buy my garlic bread shall be under suspicion of witchcraft.

It's a perfect witch detector and sales plan!

:devil:

Oh...Hello..*Yawns* I just woke up!

Can I have some of that lovely smelling garlic bread please?

You just woke up? But you were at the meeting before even the priest was! Surely you weren't asleep in the meeting, were you? Or are you possessed?

...Forgive me, these troubled times have me on edge. I came here a year ago seeking refuge; I had served out my term as a soldier in Germany - and a darn fine one, at that - and came here for the more simple life of mercantilism. I don't even care about the lowered sales this has given me; for I am among friends here and I wish to do anything I can to see these foul beings taken care of...

Inquisitor Fernando, during your stay here my goods are free to you. I will do anything I can to assist you in your duties...

~Bernard

Unfortunately, without any leads or information, it becomes very difficult to go ahead and make any decisions at this time. Therefore, I will stand back and continue to perform my peasantly responsibilities.

I just wanted to remind everyone how noble I am...

And also a reminder of how to tell who is a witch:

• Do they babble incessantly about nothing?
  • Do they levitate?
  • Do they bite the heads off live chickens and bathe in their blood?
  • Do they dance with the devil in the pale moon light?
  • Do they have any warts?
  • Do they cast spells and fly on a broom stick and cackle?
  • Do they have a pumpkin for a head?

If the answer is yes to any or all of these questions then the person is a witch or heretic...

That first question leaves me very suspicious of a couple of our townsfolk...

I believe my pitchfork is in need of a little dusting, for it hasn't been used in years. Hello, fellow citizens, I am Phillip the noble. I have no patience with witches and would rather engross myself in my studies than engage in filthy witchcraft.

Just what is it that you study? You should be spending more time with your Holy Bible and less with the wasteful pursuits of man.

*whispers to the Inquisitor, "we must watch the ones who put their efforts into learning, they are often the first to go wayward."*

Aha, but witches might afraid that they are allergic to garlic! Anyone who doesn't buy my garlic bread shall be under suspicion of witchcraft.

It's a perfect witch detector and sales plan!

:devil:

Some people are a little more interested in profit than in dealing with this very serious problem. :hmpf_bad:

Still, that garlic bread smells delightful. Make mine a double, please and everyone remember to bless your food! Matter of fact, let's just make this a good test, I'll bless it. *begins to pray*

Now eat up, everyone. Only a witch would avoid blessed garlic bread.

As our Lord said, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

We should watch this one, he seems haughty and caught up in his own supposed nobility. :sceptic:

Hello, I am Pablo the Peasant. Sorry that I smell, but I'm too poor to take a bath.

Have some garlic bread, it shall improveth thy stink.

Would anyone like garlic bread?

I'll take some loaves :classic:

OOC: Curse you non-edit rule!!!!

[OOC: Tell me about it...What if we just double post instead? :look: ]

And also a reminder of how to tell who is a witch:

• Do they babble incessantly about nothing?
  • Do they levitate?
  • Do they bite the heads off live chickens and bathe in their blood?
  • Do they dance with the devil in the pale moon light?
  • Do they have any warts?
  • Do they cast spells and fly on a broom stick and cackle?
  • Do they have a pumpkin for a head?

If the answer is yes to any or all of these questions then the person is a witch or heretic...

That first question leaves me very suspicious of a couple of our townsfolk...

Oh but if that were true, then everybody here would be a witch. Now people may not talk nonsense because there is a crisis at hand with these heretics, but when there's nothing going on what else are people to talk about? They will probably talk about how was your day, and how as your breakfast. I think I've seen a dog or two try to levitate, and they were tried. Unfortunately they had no way to defend themselves if they were innocent, but they didn't pass the trial so they are most certainly guilty. As for the rest of those answers, I have yet to see it. Well-kept witches will be able to not have any warts, so mind that all of you! *stares at the women*

Well, carry on with your banter... Remember, I'll be watching you...

[OOC: Tell me about it...What if we just double post instead? :look: ]

(OOC: Double posting is overlooked in these threads, so don't worry if you need to. However, if you make a post, then want to add to it, just make another post quickly and the forum software will automatically merge the posts.)

We should watch this one, he seems haughty and caught up in his own supposed nobility. :sceptic:

Thank you.

Oh but if that were true, then everybody here would be a witch. Now people may not talk nonsense because there is a crisis at hand with these heretics, but when there's nothing going on what else are people to talk about? They will probably talk about how was your day, and how as your breakfast. I think I've seen a dog or two try to levitate, and they were tried. Unfortunately they had no way to defend themselves if they were innocent, but they didn't pass the trial so they are most certainly guilty. As for the rest of those answers, I have yet to see it. Well-kept witches will be able to not have any warts, so mind that all of you! *stares at the women*

Well, carry on with your banter... Remember, I'll be watching you...

Can we vote for this inquisitor? I think that'd be smart. He seems like a heretic to me with his logic and crap like that. Remember, Jesus said "Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone." Therefore, we should hang this inquisitor immediately.

Thank you.

Can we vote for this inquisitor? I think that'd be smart. He seems like a heretic to me with his logic and crap like that. Remember, Jesus said "Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone." Therefore, we should hang this inquisitor immediately.

I feel as if you are just looking for a way to get people hanged, no matter the reason. This also speaks for your rule that people are witches if they talk about random nonsense, which you seem to want to defend a lot. Jesus did say that as well, but how is that relevant to my supposed bad logic? None of us are without sin, so no one would be able to throw the first stone, nor be able to execute anyone. You seem very desperate, like I was, to accuse people right away.

There won't be any trials around here, I suppose. We're going to look for clues to find out who to execute, and I am sure we will be correct.

If the people must vote for me, then so be it. There was nothing stated that I could not be voted for anywhere for hanging, but I am not sure who would be willing to vote for me yet, nor anyone. Anyways, what shall we do for now, everyone? Remember, I'll be watching you...

mmmm do I smell Garlic bread, and blessed to boot. Pass a loaf this way boys :wub:

I am but a loyal townsperson trying to rid this town of evil witches but am torn between suspecting my fellow villagers or recent additions to the town.....

I shall simply contemplate the many ways of the towns people before casting a stone.

Also for the record I niether own or stole a broomstick, cant levitate, like dancing but not in the moonlight, as it reflects off my irises too much :wink: and bathe in holy water daily. psst dont tell the father hehe :devil:

Oh dear, it looks like we're already pointing finger amongst eachother.

I guess to get rid of witches you need to get rid of witches... and innocent people. :cry_sad: It's worth it though. :tongue:

Also for the record I niether own or stole a broomstick, cant levitate, like dancing but not in the moonlight, as it reflects off my irises too much :wink: and bathe in holy water daily. psst dont tell the father hehe :devil:

You seem defensive... you definitely admit some of your sins, though :oh3: ! Good thing this witchcraft hasn't caused a drought or you'd be hanging for sure! :look: .

Everyone seems suspicous... either most of you are witches or these tough times have made me get some serious trust issues. :wacko:

P.S. I stand by the inquisitor and believe he'd never commit witchcraft! We must remember that witchcraft is not logical at all. It madness. It is evil :angry: .

Are you saying Charles, that are worship of the lord in not logical? This makes me doubt your love for god. You also seem defensive and readily point fingers at people.

Thank you.

We have a prime suspect people.

I feel as if you are just looking for a way to get people hanged, no matter the reason. This also speaks for your rule that people are witches if they talk about random nonsense, which you seem to want to defend a lot. Jesus did say that as well, but how is that relevant to my supposed bad logic? None of us are without sin, so no one would be able to throw the first stone, nor be able to execute anyone. You seem very desperate, like I was, to accuse people right away.

There won't be any trials around here, I suppose. We're going to look for clues to find out who to execute, and I am sure we will be correct.

If the people must vote for me, then so be it. There was nothing stated that I could not be voted for anywhere for hanging, but I am not sure who would be willing to vote for me yet, nor anyone. Anyways, what shall we do for now, everyone? Remember, I'll be watching you...

So in other words waiting for the witches to kill someone? :sceptic:

I guess to get rid of witches you need to get rid of witches... and innocent people. :cry_sad: It's worth it though. :tongue:

You seem defensive... you definitely admit some of your sins, though :oh3: ! Good thing this witchcraft hasn't caused a drought or you'd be hanging for sure! :look: .

Everyone seems suspicous... either most of you are witches or these tough times have made me get some serious trust issues. :wacko:

P.S. I stand by the inquisitor and believe he'd never commit witchcraft! We must remember that witchcraft is not logical at all. It madness. It is evil :angry: .

Are you saying Charles, that are worship of the lord in not logical? This makes me doubt your love for god. You also seem defensive and readily point fingers at people.

I too stand by The Inquisitor!

I say we should vote someone out today! Or have the risk of an innocent townsperson killed by witches! But on the other hand we have hardly anything [nothing] to work with so it would pretty much be random.. :sceptic:

Agreed my dear friend. I suggest that we work from the bottom up. You know the saying, lay down with the swine, and you'll get up a witch. Perhaps Pablo should be the first killed. Even if he's not a witch we would be well rid of him, and his normal stench is worse than the stench of a decaying man, so we need not worry about that.

We have a prime suspect people.

So in other words waiting for the witches to kill someone? :sceptic:

I too stand by The Inquisitor!

I say we should vote someone out today! Or have the risk of an innocent townsperson killed by witches! But on the other hand we have hardly anything [nothing] to work with so it would pretty much be random.. :sceptic:

Are you saying that that you suspect the inquisitor of witchcraft and you support him. :oh3: Witch! If not then I is confused and/or you are confused!

OOC: You might want to clarify who you agree with (as much as we wish it we can't be on everyone's good side :tongue: )

About hanging everyone at random: Mob Lynchings :tongue:

Are you saying that that you suspect the inquisitor of witchcraft and you support him. :oh3: Witch! If not then I is confused and/or you are confused!

OOC: You might want to clarify who you agree with (as much as we wish it we can't be on everyone's good side :tongue: )

About hanging everyone at random: Mob Lynchings :tongue:

I meant Charles is the prime suspect...I said I support the Inquisitor and dont suspect him of anything but being nosey which is his job. :tongue:

[OOC: Sorry I shouldve made it more clear...it made sense in my head but not in writing. :tongue: ]

Jesus did say that as well, but how is that relevant to my supposed bad logic? None of us are without sin, so no one would be able to throw the first stone, nor be able to execute anyone.

Oh! I get it now. I thought Jesus meant me. I thought I was able to cast the first stone, but now that interpretation does make more sense...I suppose.

Anyway, if I can't cast the first stone, I shall cast the first vote. Since some people seem to be insisting on voting someone off on Day 1, I say vote lego12/Sergio only because he's annoying me. Come now, I know he's annoying everyone. Let's lynch him then. Harummph indeed!

PEOPLE!!!

There will be no random killing here. You are all suggesting heresy! The town has truly gone mad...

Take a moment and remember the scriptures, then think logically and help us be of one mind in our actions, lest we start accusing each other merely because lego12 someone is annoying as the fiery pits of hell.

I agreed with Alexander. We shall not condem someone, just because the person is irritating or annoying. This is the first day, and it's expected that we are now wandering without a specific direction as these foul witches and heretics are hiding in deception among us...

When the night falls, there will be mishaps as the foul wretched witches came to the night where their power are at the highest...

Hello everyone, Henry here, sorry I'm late.

As it is my duty as a soldier to rid this town of the sinful practice of witchcraft, I am very eager to begin to find the witches and heretics that threaten you citizens. However, I do think you people (some more than others...) are beginning to point the finger too soon. These, I beleive are the ones we need to watch...

OOC: Oh come on, I didn't decide to kill Lego12 because he was annoying. I killed him because he was getting in a fight over Veronica.

I suppose this will be a day without any executions. Well at least that allows us to save some rope. Wait, will we reuse rope in our executions? Actually, what will be the matter in which we do these executions? Throw them into the lake? Do we have a lake? I'm momentarily confused!

Its unfortunate that we have to wait to find out who is a witch. "Suffer not a witch to live" is calling to me, yet I must deny it for now. Also know that I am not going to shout accusations at Charles, at least not yet. All he's done is want to take radical actions and kill today. Either he's insane, fanatical, or a witch who wants to make his job easier. Anyways, carry on... Remember, I'll be watching you.

Charles, why would you think that the inquisitor, one sent to remove the witches from this town, would actually be a witch? How does that even make sense? I hope you snap out of it soon, otherwise...well, we don't have many leads...

Henry, I agree; pointing the finger early is never a good idea...however, in these most desperate of times, where every night could spell doom, we have to do something. To lynch without evidence and kill a witch is infinitely better than to lynch with overwhelming evidence only to find we have killed a normal person, isn't it?

Cristopher, you seem to know a lot about how the witches work. I always assumed they work at night because that is when we sleep, and thusly are off guard...how do you know their power increases at night? Have you perhaps dabbled in their arts yourself? I would not condemn you for knowledge, but of practice, there is no redemption...

And Fernando, why would we use any rope at all? Would we not just burn them at the cross? Or if you really like I could go medieval on their big behind; and by that I mean beat the snot of them with this rock I found...*holds up rock easily the size of a small boulder*

~Bernard