Sign in to follow this  
Faramir

Little stuff

Just gonna show a few little castle MOCs I made

Bridge

100_4701.jpg

Treasure Cart, made mostly from 2 crossbow attack sets (minus the compass, of course :tongue: )

100_4702.jpg

Ballista (It works!! :classic: )

100_4703.jpg

100_4704.jpg

And after hearing all about them, how could I not try for myself to make a set in a bag? :tongue:

100_4705.jpg

All feedback is appreciated as always. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Faramir

I really love the ballista, it looks quite like an authentic LEGO set, actually. So well done on that one!

The small bridge looks good, but it doesn't seem very sturdy in use...

As for the treasure cart, it looks downright impractical. All the gems are just lying there up for anyone's grabs, and the purpose of the compass is a mystery to me. You should make some kind of a lid on the cart, or put the treasure in a chest or something like that.

But you've taken a very nice effort with all of them, I must say.

Edited by Sandy

I like that bridge solution. We have a town that is more like post WW II (1950's or so) and we are still working on a rock and some landscape details for LEGOWorld 2008 (Zwolle, Netherlands), so I'll try to remember your concept!

I really love the ballista, it looks quite like an authentic LEGO set, actually. So well done on that one!

The small bridge looks good, but it doesn't seem very sturdy in use...

As for the treasure cart, it looks downright impractical. All the gems are just lying there up for anyone's grabs, and the purpose of the compass is a mystery to me. You should make some kind of a lid on the cart, or put the treasure in a chest or something like that.

But you've taken a very nice effort with all of them, I must say.

Thanks for the feedback!

The bridge is actually a bit sturdier than one might think, but still does come apart sometimes. Maybe it could be a trick bridge to make enemies fall through? :tongue:

I'll see If I can find some kind of brown lid for the cart... do they make brown hinged pieces? :wacko:

I like that bridge solution. We have a town that is more like post WW II (1950's or so) and we are still working on a rock and some landscape details for LEGOWorld 2008 (Zwolle, Netherlands), so I'll try to remember your concept!

Thanks, good luck with that!

Great job on the works! I really think that the Ballista is amazing, purely because it actual fires. Excellent work!

Thanks! :sweet:

Those are just great small MOC's! I particularly love the ballista, but I agree with Sandy, that the cart needs some protection, and why does it have a compass? Also, I don't get how that bridge stays in one piece (in a manner of speaking), it looks rather structually unsound. As for the ballista, however, its just a great mini-MOC , but I don't really get how it is fired, but it looks like the silver "tooth" is part of the firing mechanism.

i love the balista... would u mind posting an instruction for it? or parts list

I'd like that too...

Thiese are some very nice little MOCs, Faramir! :thumbup:

I especially like the bridge - it looks perfect! :oh:

I always heve wished TLG would release a Castle set with a little bridge, a customs officer, a damsel of the castle and a salesman with his little boat - that would be absolutely :wub: !

Ah, now I've got an idea for which MOC I'll do next - thanks! :wink:

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

i love the balista... would u mind posting an instruction for it? or parts list

Never done it before, I'll see what I can do.

Those are just great small MOC's! I particularly love the ballista, but I agree with Sandy, that the cart needs some protection, and why does it have a compass? Also, I don't get how that bridge stays in one piece (in a manner of speaking), it looks rather structually unsound. As for the ballista, however, its just a great mini-MOC , but I don't really get how it is fired, but it looks like the silver "tooth" is part of the firing mechanism.

Well I'd never used the compass before, and such a special piece just lying around... I had to do something with it :tongue:

The tooth in fact isn't part of the firing mechanism. It's only there to hold the chain in place for the display. It's all the brown wire thing that gives it the right snapback.

Thiese are some very nice little MOCs, Faramir! :thumbup:

I especially like the bridge - it looks perfect! :oh:

I always heve wished TLG would release a Castle set with a little bridge, a customs officer, a damsel of the castle and a salesman with his little boat - that would be absolutely :wub: !

Ah, now I've got an idea for which MOC I'll do next - thanks! :wink:

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Looking forward to seeing that! :classic:

Very nicely done -that bridge is architectural genius! I also like how you've revived the "set in a bag" craze. :thumbup:

Thanks... I bought two of those impulse sets while in Canada, and after paying $5 each for them :sick: I needed to make one of them a little bit more interesting. :sweet:

Awesome work, Faramir! I like the bridge the best. The treasure cart is good, but anyone can just snatch it without a lock or lid. The balista works? Great work, keep it up! :sweet:

I love your little bridge :wub: , and your other mocs really looks like little official sets!