Trudop561

Prehistory line?

What would you think if Lego started a prehistory line with cavemans, prehistoric beasts, tribes and other stuff like this?

They've done it with friggin' Duplo, so why can't it be made in actual Lego?

It sounds like a good prospect, but it seems like at the moment Lego are giving old themes new life :cry_sad:

prehistory is a contradiction in terms. We can't know something that happened in the prehistory since it then wouldn't per definition become history instead of prehistory ;)

"History" generally refers to human exploits that involve dates, battles, etc. In prehistory there are no dates, battles, or even certainty. It's just estimations, skeletons, and assumptions, whereas history is more concrete.

It could be a good idea, but alongside themes like Star Wars, Castle, Indy Jones, and pirates in '09, I doubt it would sell well, and would most likely get lost in the shuffle of other good Sets.

It could be about 2 rival tribes, red and green. Each side has dinosaurs to corispond with it's color. New molded weapons and printed torsos and legs. Probably'd involve a giant cave siege, dinosaur raid, and some others. I like your thinking.

I like the idea. I imagine it would be Caveman vs. T-Rex or something like that.

Steve

It could be about 2 rival tribes, red and green. Each side has dinosaurs to corispond with it's color. New molded weapons and printed torsos and legs. Probably'd involve a giant cave siege, dinosaur raid, and some others. I like your thinking.

Hehe, that would be as far from the real prehistoric era as you can get. :laugh: You do know that there's a gap of many millions of years in time between dinosaurs and humans, don't you?

But hasn't this "dinosaurs and humans" thing been done before? I've seen pictures of sets released during my "dark years".

But a theme with cavemen and mammoths and sabertooth tigers... Hmm, I don't think it would be much of a hit with contemporary children. That's my hunch, at least. :sceptic: