Derek

City '09?

Wow, that set is ugly :thumbdown::sick: :sick: . I logged on and saw it and I thought, 'I hope that's an MOC or something.' The blue/orange color scheme is absolutely hideous, and it simply feels that it's lacking something, but what, I don't know..... Maybe it's some kind of weird coast guard set?...

Whoa, I couldn't disagree more. This set is great and yes, it does clearly match up with the Coast Guard Set (i'm willing to bet the

US release is designated coast guard)

I can't wait for this one!!

I think that TLC should decide "once forever" which is the scale of Lego City. (...) Now instead a kid collects different sets that can't fit in the same town! (...) so how is a kid supposed to build a "LEGO City"?

Somehow that doesn't agree with how I look at Lego at all.

How should a kid build a Lego city? By taking apart all those sets and then build something themselves! I have always seen sets as 'examples', nice to build once and then take down - the actual Lego building is not putting sets together, it's making your own stuff. At whatever scale you please!

Apart from that, kids who like to play with the official sets won't be bothered by the scale difference. They all look like a minifig can roughly fit in so that's fine enough. And there have been some slightly bigger scale problems in the past... How 'bout this one?

190-1.jpg

As for AFOLs who make a Lego city out of just sets - it really puzzles me why they'd wanna do that (in Holland there's even a family that brings their 'Lego city' to expositions - without a single MOC! Most visitors will think they designed it all themselves...)

And actually, I think it's pretty good that not all Lego sets are the same scale. I find many of those 1980 town sets, esp. vehicles, quite boring because they all look the same - the recent ones have a bit more variety in them.

Here's a brief description of the 2009 city sets I saw on the traders' catalog...

7639 Camper: A nice looking camper, mostly white with lime green trimings. 2 minifigs, 1 guy and 1 lady. The lady looks like it will have a new hairpiece. It also comes with a surf board and bicycle. One other thing, it looks like lego has gone back to use the small car doors again.

7641 City Corner: Consist of a main pizza shop (2 storey tall), a bicycle shop and a bus stop. The bus is a modern design with 1 door in front and another in the middle of the bus. The bus is yellow. There are 5 minifigs, 1 lady chef (from the pizza shop), 1 figure on skateboard, 1 bus driver, 1 bus passenger and 1 shopkeeper (for the bicycle shop).

7642 Garage: A workshop to repair cars and trucks. It comes with a tow truck (flat front) towing another truck. There is also a small blue pickup in the workshop. There are altogether 4 minifigs in there. The workshop comes with winch and a mechanical platform for raising the vehicle.

8402 Sports Car: Small impulse like set that have a red convertible and a minifig. The red convertible design looked very similar to the one in the set 7898.

7638 Tow Truck: A smaller tow truck compared to the one in Garage. Did I mentioned that both will be in orange......

Ultraman, Merry Christmas, omg I want to kiss you :tongue:

I have some questions though.

1.) how wide is the camper? 6-wide? 4-wide?

2.) Is it trailing something behind? Or is a car actually tugging it? Or is it a car in itself?

Edited by legobear

Ultraman, is there a chance that you are Santa Claus and you don't know it? A GREAT thanks for these infos! :sweet:

Civilians, take over the City streets!

Ultraman, is there a chance that you are Santa Claus and you don't know it? A GREAT thanks for these infos! :sweet:

Civilians, take over the City streets!

I totally agree with Zobras - you must be Santa Claus, ultraman_bc! :laugh:

Here's a brief description of the 2009 city sets I saw on the traders' catalog...

7639 Camper: A nice looking camper, mostly white with lime green trimings. 2 minifigs, 1 guy and 1 lady. The lady looks like it will have a new hairpiece. It also comes with a surf board and bicycle. One other thing, it looks like lego has gone back to use the small car doors again.

7641 City Corner: Consist of a main pizza shop (2 storey tall), a bicycle shop and a bus stop. The bus is a modern design with 1 door in front and another in the middle of the bus. The bus is yellow. There are 5 minifigs, 1 lady chef (from the pizza shop), 1 figure on skateboard, 1 bus driver, 1 bus passenger and 1 shopkeeper (for the bicycle shop).

7642 Garage: A workshop to repair cars and trucks. It comes with a tow truck (flat front) towing another truck. There is also a small blue pickup in the workshop. There are altogether 4 minifigs in there. The workshop comes with winch and a mechanical platform for raising the vehicle.

8402 Sports Car: Small impulse like set that have a red convertible and a minifig. The red convertible design looked very similar to the one in the set 7898.

7638 Tow Truck: A smaller tow truck compared to the one in Garage. Did I mentioned that both will be in orange......

Thank you very much for that news, ultraman_bc! :sweet:

These sets sound very promising - the most the City Corner and the Camper!

To the 7639 Camper:

Sounds really great - with surf board, bicycle and car doors! :wub: Hopefully it'll include some nice interior, too.

The only thing which its really a pity that there is no kid included in the set. After having seen the pics of the awesome 10193 Medieval Market Village I hoped that in future City sets there'll be complete familys included! :cry_sad:

To the 7641 City Corner:

Shops and a bus!!! :oh: And a two floor big civilian building! :wub: It's great that we'll get a bicycle shop and a pizzeria! Although I already own these kinds of buildings I surely will buy them again. I bet that the pizzeria will have the kitchen with entrance downstairs and the "room to eat" (sorry for my bad English!) upstairs. Great to hear that ther'll be five minifigs in this set and the bus will include doors! :thumbup: I hope that the bus is not bigger than six stuck wide! The only thing I really miss is a post office! Where is it?! Why do we get a post van and a post plane this year but then no post office?! :cry_sad::angry:

To the 7642 Garage:

Commonly configuration but there seem to be some very nice new details like a winch and a mechanical platform. The car constellation sounds very promising, too. I think that you need to have pics in order to judge whether it's a great set. Supposably I won't buy this set since I already own two garages. The only reason might be if it had a very nice interior and great desgin.

To the 8402 Sports Car:

A convertible with minifig as a seperate set! :oh: That's great in order to get more cars without having to buy big and expensive sets for several times! :thumbup:

To the 7638 Tow Truck:

Sounds like a good set - but for me not that spectacular. Nevertheless it'll surely be a great set for JFOLs which don't have many civilian City sets until now. :thumbup:

I'm really looking forward to see pics of the Sports Car, the Camper and the City Corner - and then to buy them next summer!

Civilian buildings on! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I'm really looking forward to these new sets. It's been a while since we had anything similar, so it's about time. Especially looking forward to 7641, but I will be setting aside money for the others as well.

Thanks for these interesting news, ultraman_bc! :thumbup:

Those set descriptions sound really interesting, and if we´re able to expect indeed a broader return of

the car doors this would already look like a pretty nifty christmas present to me... :cry_happy:

The camper is a single vehicle, I believe 6 studs wide. It is not a very huge vehicle (about 20 studs long, rough count) so don't hope for too much there.

Oh, one other thing... the Pizza shop in city corner has an attic too.... so does this make it 3 storey tall? I am not sure how the proper count of floors should be...

2009 will be a very exciting year for CITY. :wink: TLG is heading for the CITY Golden Age, ever since the decline of Classic Town. Be ready for lots of great excitement in the very near future. Ultramanbc, thanks for sharing with us some of these very useful in-depth descriptions.

The mistery is solved, the set i saw wasn't a new exclusive but the new City Corner set, available worlwide. The next year will have no CC style exclusive. I will update you as soon as I can... :cry_sad:

Edited by Lord Santos

ahh...most anticipated set ever!!! let's hope it's not 6 studs wide and 20 studs long on this one! small and compact...just like the boxster.

The mistery is solved, the set i saw wasn't a new exclusive but the new Street Corner set, available worlwide. The next year will have no CC style exclusive. I will update you as soon as I can... :cry_sad:

What? What did you see? Where? Street corner sounds great, but I can't help thinking its being milked :hmpf_bad:

The mistery is solved, the set i saw wasn't a new exclusive but the new Street Corner set, available worlwide. The next year will have no CC style exclusive. I will update you as soon as I can... :cry_sad:

Are you referring to City Corner? City Corner is a standard City set which will be available in normal retail stores.

ahh...most anticipated set ever!!! let's hope it's not 6 studs wide and 20 studs long on this one! small and compact...just like the boxster.

I wished it will be something similar to Classic Town, 4 studs wide design. :blush:

The camper is a single vehicle, I believe 6 studs wide. It is not a very huge vehicle (about 20 studs long, rough count) so don't hope for too much there.

Oh, one other thing... the Pizza shop in city corner has an attic too.... so does this make it 3 storey tall? I am not sure how the proper count of floors should be...

Thank you very much for this additional information, ultraman_bc! :sweet:

The pizzeria has an attic, so there are even three floors!!! :oh:

Btw: I forgot to ask: The bicycle shop is only one floor big? Have you seen which interior there is included? Which color(s) do(es) the new (?) bicycle(s) have? How big is the bus? DOes the bus station include a little cottage, too, or is it only a little plate with two seats and a "bus" sign? Are there some foliage plants included in this set? (Sorry for that many questions but I'm very excited about that set! :blush: )

Klaus-Dieter

Today, I was finally finding out how the following models looks like.

7638 Tow Truck

7639 Camper

7641 City Corner

7642 Garage

8402 Sports Car

I was quite in disappointed in City Corner.

This model has 1 yellow public bus. But its door is normal house glass door!

Pizza house .... compare with 10182 or 10185...... the design is not nice.

Bus stop is too simple. I thought it is almost same with the platform of 4032

train level crossing.

Another shop is also found in this set. I don't know what it is.

The whole set caught my attention..... Because colour matching is nice.....

See carefully.... seem nothing special.

Camper set is nice.

The new female hair gear is found in this set.

But the bicycle is still red colour....

I am still waiting for green bicycle.

This set is nice, can keep for collection!

Garage.... If you had several of garage sets in past, this latest model is a

huge set to you. You can find out something special. Building is a bit similar

with 6426. I would buy this.

Tow truck is a bit similar with 6670

Sport car is similar a red car in 7898.

Creator has a new town house.....

Look quite pretty. Model no is 6754.

But existing parts can be ordered in Bricklink.

Yeap..... Agents set has new female head gear. Red colour of bb364.

I found out new 13 models in City theme.

Plus another two found in Brickset.... Total 15.

Will LEGO launch new train system and any super sets (10182 or 10185)?

I am in doubt....

Today, I was finally finding out how the following models looks like.

7638 Tow Truck

7639 Camper

7641 City Corner

7642 Garage

8402 Sports Car

I was quite in disappointed in City Corner.

This model has 1 yellow public bus. But its door is normal house glass door!

Pizza house .... compare with 10182 or 10185...... the design is not nice.

Bus stop is too simple. I thought it is almost same with the platform of 4032

train level crossing.

Another shop is also found in this set. I don't know what it is.

The whole set caught my attention..... Because colour matching is nice.....

See carefully.... seem nothing special.

Camper set is nice.

The new female hair gear is found in this set.

But the bicycle is still red colour....

I am still waiting for green bicycle.

This set is nice, can keep for collection!

Garage.... If you had several of garage sets in past, this latest model is a

huge set to you. You can find out something special. Building is a bit similar

with 6426. I would buy this.

Tow truck is a bit similar with 6670

Sport car is similar a red car in 7898.

Creator has a new town house.....

Look quite pretty. Model no is 6754.

But existing parts can be ordered in Bricklink.

Yeap..... Agents set has new female head gear. Red colour of bb364.

I found out new 13 models in City theme.

Plus another two found in Brickset.... Total 15.

Will LEGO launch new train system and any super sets (10182 or 10185)?

I am in doubt....

Where did you see these?

Can you post a link/any pics?

Please... :sweet:

2009 will be a very exciting year for CITY. :wink: TLG is heading for the CITY Golden Age, ever since the decline of Classic Town. Be ready for lots of great excitement in the very near future. Ultramanbc, thanks for sharing with us some of these very useful in-depth descriptions.

I know everything looks so damn good! :cry_happy:

NEW AT S@H BBQ Stand

*snipped pic*

available at the UK S@H haven't tried any other countries

Uhh do you mean new set? Because we knew about this awhile ago... :look:

Also Svelte_Corps already posted the new sets at SAH in Europe & Aus in this thread :wink:

Blury, but better than nothing:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=358870

The bus looks great!!!! So does the camper! And the garage is huge!

Nice!

Also new Agents Female? SWEET! :cry_happy: But NOTHING can beat the Agent Trace hair piece :tongue::cry_happy::wub: *strokes trace hair piece in hand*

The bus looks quite good! I was guessing it would be 6-Wide but these are prelim pics right but I think it will still be 6-wide and now I dont have to order my $100+ AUSD bus from PAB!! And I must admit this bus looks better then mine :blush: It looks so realistic! I cant believe it :wub: Also you never now since these pics are prelim they could change the door on the bus but I think it works well.. :sceptic:

The Garage reminds me of 7945 Fire Station :classic:

Im agreeing with Whitefang this is the golden age for LEGO City! [And other theme's]...Did I mention I REALLY like the bus :tongue::wub: