Derek

City '09?

I never said anything.... :look:

Edited by darthperson

Those Summer sets look fantastic. It's great to see a return to civilian town Lego. I'm very much looking forward to the bus station and the garage. The car transporter is somewhat intriguing too. No real pics of that so far, same with the wind turbine transport.

Laurie

Thanks for the link, darthperson, and thanks for these stunning scans, algernon! Finally we get clear pics of these great new sets. I have not much to say to the cvity sets, they are all great as said a few times before, but look at these agents sets!! I'm overwhelmed by the look of them, i think i have to get them all!

I love the camper van :cry_happy: I just hope it's not too expensive :sceptic:

Also the car is pretty darn sweet :thumbup: With the nice inclusion of the phone and a tree although I would have prefured a closed telephone box :sceptic:

@hollisbrick:

I believe this isn't meant to a be a normal phone cell, but a freeway emergency phone, like that:

nrs60px.jpg

Oh ok, fair enough

But I was just saying that a phone box would be pretty cool :thumbup:

Thank you very much for the link, darthperson! :sweet:

The sports car, the camper and mainly the City Corner are looking totally awesome! :wub: :wub: And the garage and the tow truck are quite nice, too! :thumbup:

I hope that TLG won't change the indegridants of the City Corner set since the pic in the link shows that there then would be two skateboards and two bicycles (in each case the second one in the bicycle shop)! :oh:

I can't wait for the US Toy Fair where hopefully someone will take some pics of the interiors of the camper, the bicycle shop and the pizzeria!

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for the link, darthperson! :sweet:

The sports car, the camper and mainly the City Corner are looking totally awesome! :wub: :wub: And the garage and the tow truck are quite nice, too! :thumbup:

I hope that TLG won't change the indegridants of the City Corner set since the pic in the link shows that there then would be two skateboards and two bicycles (in each case the second one in the bicycle shop)! :oh:

I can't wait for the US Toy Fair where hopefully someone will take some pics of the interiors of the camper, the bicycle shop and the pizzeria!

Klaus-Dieter

Well I think it's tomorrow isn't it? :thumbup:

Well I think it's tomorrow isn't it? :thumbup:

It starts on the 15th, but I'm not sure what day LEGO is shown. I'm looking forward to great pictures! :classic:

Found this photo on flickr.com and it looks like the new city bus will be 6 studs wide... I was hoping for 8... Can`t wait for that set to be released!

Edit by Hinckley: No pics stamped "confidential" even if it has been cropped out. :hmpf:Please pay attention.

Has anyone seen this? (Sorry if I missed it but I haven't seen anyone mention it)

-------------------------------------------

Picture Removed by TheBrickster

-------------------------------------------

This is a close up of that phone I found on flickr.com. This emergency phone is cool.

Does anybody know if the CITY line will have new releases next fall or if all sets we can see listed on brickset.com are the full list of the 2009 CITY line.

Edit by Hinckley: Sense, Please stop posting preliminary pics. You are clearly skirting the rules by posting images that have cropped out the word "confidential." Thank you.

Edited by Hinckley

Although a very nice set, we've asked that EB members do not post preliminary photos which is against EB policy.

The top of this thread (page 1) mentions this.

The car transporter is somewhat intriguing too. No real pics of that so far, same with the wind turbine transport.

Laurie

Did I miss something there? A car transporter? You mean the Helicopter Transporter of which we actually have got pics, don't you? Do you mean in the City theme or in the Creator theme since I haven't heard something about a car transporter in the City theme this year yet?

Btw: I forgot to mention that it's nice to see that we'll be getting a new female torso in the camper set! :thumbup: And: When you look very closely at the newest pic of the City Corner you can see that there are six seats in the bus: on the right side the driver's seat and three seats behind it and on the left side two seats behind the retral door - so enough seats to sit. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Does anybody know if the CITY line will have new releases next fall or if all sets we can see listed on brickset.com are the full list of the 2009 CITY line?

Does anybody know if the CITY line will have new releases next fall or if all sets we can see listed on brickset.com are the full list of the 2009 CITY line?

Apart from the City summer line with Camper, Sports Car, City Corner, Garage and Tow Truck there will be the Wind Turbine Transport and the City Advent Calendar. Plus there will be the :oh: Emerald Night and some train accessory coming out in April. And perhaps there even will be a seperate passenger waggon - who knows? I think that we can't expect even more sets since these are already many and mainly totally :wub: City sets!

Klaus-Dieter

Apart from the City summer line with Camper, Sports Car, City Corner, Garage and Tow Truck there will be the Wind Turbine Transport and the City Advent Calendar. Plus there will be the :oh: Emerald Night and some train accessory coming out in April. And perhaps there even will be a seperate passenger waggon - who knows? I think that we can't expect even more sets since these are already many and mainly totally :wub: City sets!

Klaus-Dieter

Don't forget that there will probaly also be a new modular building... :wub:

Dr. Brick

I've found coverage of the Toy Fair on a site, starting at THIS page. Check it out!

there's even a picture of the 2009 City Advent Calendar already!

Edited by metalandi

Metalandi and Hinckley, a GREAT thanks for the pictures and the links! :sweet:

The City Corner is absolutely great! :wub:

The Camper's opening technique... :oh3::oh:

I think the mechanism is pretty intelligent, that way it is perfectly accessable. But it'sa shame nobody seems to have pictures of the interior of all the sets yet! :cry_sad:

The Camper's opening technique... :oh3::oh:

Yes, I was quite amazed as well. I didn´t expect the camper to be openable. And I have to admit I´m not too overwhelmed.

I would like to see a pic of the interior now.

The bus... :wub: ... :wub: ... :wub:

I - must - have - this!

Too sad I cannot build it now. The front window is a new piece. :look: But I love it! :sweet:

Funny to see the garage is made in the same color scheme (white/orange/black) like the tiny turbos gas-station in set 8135 tn_8135-1_jpg.jpg

Wow!

The camper looks to be my favourite 09 city set!

I really like the design and the scheme colour is very nice! The new hair piece for the womanfig seems to be good too! We just need to see the interior of this baby!

The bus from the city corner looks amazing too! And it's 6 stund wise! It would be great to have it in a seperate set, so it will be cheaper to have more tha one without spending a lot of money in the whole set.

For the big garage set, I'm a bit disapointed. It's not very bad, but not good too IMO. I don't know... Maybe it looks too opened, but it's an understandable choice from TLC (for the playability aspect).

All in all, 09 is a really good year for the City line!

And I hope that we will have some great exclusif city set...