the enigma that is badger

New 2009 Pirates Sets - NEW closeups of the wench & mermaid added

My first response was YAY, but after a few moments thought it’s more along the lines of ‘Put down your champagne and set away from the party popper!

Why well, first the list has the wrong number of Castle set on it and that just seems odd to me, we’ve had a different number confirmed unless they aren’t going to be released wherever this list was made. Also we have according to that list another Y-Wing in Star Wars and I for one don’t buy that.

To be honest it seems to good to be true, and I for one will wait and keep the drink on ice and wait for leaked images, then I might start celebrating. Finally I still think we’ve have heard about it long before now if Pirates was coming back.

Please excuse what im about to do

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Expect me to be on the Pirate fourmsalot more next year...

Expect me to be on the Pirate fourmsalot more next year...

Damn I knew there would be a downside :pir_bawling::pir-tongue: On a side note I can understand septimism, but how many times were we wrong in the news we announced on our frontpage ? (answer = 1 time in 4 years of news)

ok, ok, ok... i'll be the synical bastard among us and say these are rumours untill i've actually seen some sort of confirmation. :pir-tongue:

the kraken thing is probably going to be something with bionicle parts or so... i don't expect a real brick built thing..

What we need is a Kraken who plays for keeps! My vote is for a 3 foot tall Cthulhu rising!

I'm syched, I hope theres a couple cheaper ships I can buy so I can have a large armada!!

Kraken Attackin' sounds like a made up joke name to me...

Steve

Pirates! That is so wonderful. If this is ever so true, it seemed TLG is reviving a theme which I had missed during my dark age, and given a chance for me to collect Pirate sets in proper. I can't wait to look out for more information on these sets. :pir-sweet:

Steve

I think the real name would be Kraken Attack. I also think Kraken is spelled Kracken.

I R now Citizen.

Steve

It sounds like a name only LEGO or Stan Lee could come up with. :pir-tongue:

It sounds like a name only LEGO or Stan Lee could come up with. :pir-tongue:

As I said earlier, I think it's Kraken Attack, Not Kraken Attackin.

Wow, 32 posts today for me. :pir-blush:

hi everyone! i'm kinda new to the pirate forum,does this mean that theres going to be pirate sets in 09? like i said i'm kinda a noob :pir-blush: in the pirate forum so i might not have gotten what you mean.

I think the real name would be Kraken Attack.

Well since they put the apostrophe in Attackin', it seems intentional. And the cache page clearly says Kraken Attackin'. So everything, at this stage, points to that as the official name.

I also think Kraken is spelled Kracken.

No, Kraken is spelt properly.

Steve

I just really hope they will return to the old quality of the sets.

I really dont fancy any fantasy elements.

Teddy

yeah I hope they bring back classic pirates. I'm okay if their making a good quality kraken (kinda like the dino attack dinosaurs) but no ghost pirates, mortals and unmortals (watever that crap is...) no stuff like that... a.k.a Pirates of the caribean.

but could the Mega blocks licence on POTC effect the TLC from making pirate themed lego??? well at least to that contract is over???

Edited by Mocha

I wonder if Brickbeard's Bounty is a ship, and if it's a ship, it has classic hull sections, or something new. Since we've seen the mid-sections used recently, I doubt they've broken molds.

Also, if Kraken Attackin' comes with a ship, it would probably be really crappy and small. Or, alternatively, the ship could be the size of the Armada Flagship, and the Kraken could be extremely. More likely, however, is both the ship and the Kraken are both extremely crappy.

Was the list removed on special request from TLG? If it is, we all know what that means... :pir-cry_happy: (that would confirm more than the list itself, so kind of a bad move I think)

Anxious to see how these upcoming sets turn out. I've been tinkering with picking up the new castle sets from the past year (well, 2007 and 2008), but now Im thinking maybe Ill hold off for the pirates instead!

Awesome to the Nth degree!!!!!

Thanks so much.

Hopefully, I can snag a sneak peek at BrickFair!! 'Tis less than a fortnight away.

I wonder if Brickbeard's Bounty is a ship, and if it's a ship, it has classic hull sections, or something new. Since we've seen the mid-sections used recently, I doubt they've broken molds.

Also, if Kraken Attackin' comes with a ship, it would probably be really crappy and small. Or, alternatively, the ship could be the size of the Armada Flagship, and the Kraken could be extremely. More likely, however, is both the ship and the Kraken are both extremely crappy.

I'm hoping the Kraken mentioned is an actual monster of some sort...

Was the list removed on special request from TLG? If it is, we all know what that means... :pir-cry_happy: (that would confirm more than the list itself, so kind of a bad move I think)

The link still works.

Usually, when things get leaked, companies go into panic mode and the first thing they do in panic mode is to try to remove the information. It's sort of like the way people handle spills by immediately trying to mop up the liquid.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work with the internet. Once a piece of information is online, it must be assumed that it will remain online forever. There's no putting the cat back in the bag. To follow the analogy above, information getting onto the internet is more like an acid spill. The best way to contain it isn't to mop it up, but to neutralize it.

The best thing TLG should've done was release a statement to discredit the source of the leak, followed up by something to indicate that the information itself isn't necessarily true without actually lying. For example, say something like, "Space Police is so 1990's" or "We're still considering a revival of the Pirates line."

Unfortunately, this tactic does indeed make it seem like the list is official, or at least it is accurate enough to merit an attempt to remove it. It is definitely too late to do anything about the information now.

I hope we get some good pirate torsos [and none of those faces that Lego has an obsession with, like the face with the chin dent and the construction worker stubbly face].

I'm waiting to see some images to explode in joy but if it's true and our hopes become finally real I'll have a word for that:

:pir-laugh::pir-sing: ALELUYA! :pir-sing::pir-laugh: