Dreamweb

When is the Pirate theme coming back?

Your prognoses...  

89 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think the new Pirate theme will appear?

• Later this year (2008)
    • In 2009
    • In 2010
    • After 2010, but some time during the next five years
    • Later than the next five years

I picked the new choice, late 2008. Although advertised for 2009, these always pop up in TRU earlier, around mid December for some last minute holiday shopping. It's almost 2009, but not quite.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that.

Don't you think the leaked pictures looked like prelims?

Most of the torso's are stickers, just like the Shako printings (alhough I wouldn't mind if those were stickers actually :pir_laugh2: )

We wouldn't want sticker torso's would we now? :pir-look: So I have a feeling it wil take TLC some more time to "perfect" the sets.

Remember the return of Castle? Didn't we know that like around 6 months before?

I think it will be the same with pirates.

Although advertised for 2009, these always pop up in TRU earlier

Yes, true, but I don't think they will pop up in 2008 yet.

They will probably be on sale in some stores before the official release date, but imagine they would be released in May, that could mean they might pop up in February or March.

:cannon:

So now the discussion moves to months, I really hope that it’ll be a January release so it’ll turn up before Christmas like Indy did last year. Realistically however I think March is more likely.

I reckon as it's a new theme it will come out in December 2008/January 2009.

Last year Lego Indy was a new theme and it came out in December 2007/January 2008! :pir-wub::kahuka:

Not soon enough!

More information from Navy Trooper Fenson says they come out in April, which is quite odd!

January: Power Miners, Bionicle, 2 Indy sets, half the new City sets (maybe Creator and racers)

February: Further Star Wars products

April: Should be the PIRATES!!!

More information from Navy Trooper Fenson says they come out in April, which is quite odd!

January: Power Miners, Bionicle, 2 Indy sets, half the new City sets (maybe Creator and racers)

February: Further Star Wars products

April: Should be the PIRATES!!!

Not odd at all. They are launching new lines in different quarters, so as not to overlap too much. It's pretty standard. Existing lines will likely have sets released in overlapping quarters, but it's best to launch new lines in separate quarters so that they can get the most out of the "newness" of each line.

Thanks for the update though, this is great news!

Edited by Eilif

2009, they are already out in America, but to me it only counts when it's in all countries in the whole world. Or at least officially released in most of.