Some people over at FBTB report that the Fighter Tank is available in their Target stores again. I was at my local Target today, but there was no sign of the Tank. :look: Good thing I got it the first time around. If you haven't gotten it yet, you should check your local store. This might be your last chance to get this excellent set!

Some people over at FBTB report that the Fighter Tank is available in their Target stores again. I was at my local Target today, but there was no sign of the Tank. :look: Good thing I got it the first time around. If you haven't gotten it yet, you should check your local store. This might be your last chance to get this excellent set!

The following is all in the U.S.:

I was at my local Target a few days ago, and I was quite surprised to find two or three copies of the Fighter Tank. I passed on getting it though.

I was at TRU on the same day, and they had a few Home Ones, one Battle of Endor, and a couple of new Y-Wings, but that was it for new SW. They also had at least twenty copies of the Homing Spider Droid, as did another TRU that I went to not long ago.

On a side note, this particular TRU had a huge three level shelving thing filled with just Magnagaurd Fighters and V-19s. I mean, a really huge shelf, what probably was at least fifty copies of each. Is this normal? I was quite surprised that they were so overstocked on those two sets.

The UK TRU stores now have all new Indy and SW sets in, but as usual a little overpriced. :sceptic:

I was at a new Target that will be having its grand opening this weekend, and they had many of the new sets plus several 7679 Republic Fighter Tanks, which caught me by surprise. No other Targets around me have any new sets.

I've heard a tip that Lego stores will be getting some by August. I wonder if they'll last long, but it's a second chance for those who missed it last year.

Edited by salty tbone

From FBTB:

The Target-exclusive 7753 Pirate Tank is now available for pre-order at Target.com. And if you missed out the first time, you can also pre-order 7679 Republic Fighter Tank as well. Hit the image below, and do a search for “LEGO Star Wars Tank” to get the product links: http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/tplimage?...000000000149921

Just got back from my Target, and they had a few new SW sets. They had: The new Y-Wing, Pirate Tank, the Tank Droid and Echo Base. :classic:

Thanks for the news, Erdbeereis! Hopefully the Targets near me (there's two that are almost the same distance away :tongue:) will have those sets. :classic:

However, I'm probably going to get Echo Base (I don't want the other sets) at a LEGO Store, so I can get a loyalty stamp. :laugh:

The Pirate Tank is a great deal, though. $40 for a 372 piece set that includes two exclusive, back torso and head printed minifigures and one hard to find minifigure is a great deal (I thought it was going to cost $50 USD). :classic:

Edited by ILikePi

The Chrome Stormie will be available to the rest of the world beginning August 4.

Also, all new sets show up as available now for the US, except Echo Base which is on backorder.

My Target store has Echo Bases in stock, do you think it will become like Hoth and be scarse?

My Target store has Echo Bases in stock, do you think it will become like Hoth and be scarse?

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, the Hoth set was a limited edition/release set, Echo Base isn't. In fact, I think the Snail Tank will be harder to find than Echo Base, due to the popularity of The Clone Wars.

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, the Hoth set was a limited edition/release set, Echo Base isn't. In fact, I think the Snail Tank will be harder to find than Echo Base, due to the popularity of The Clone Wars.

Thanks for your input. I am seriously thinking about getting like 3 or 4 of the Echo base becasue the set is just so great for the money.

I'm going to a Lego Store tomorrow (4 hours away so I don't get there often)

What is the one thing you guys think I must leave with, I'm a collector and a set purist, so I keep my sets together, which is the must have set right now? I already have 4 chrome stormtroopers but I'll probably pick up a few more.

Thanks for your input. I am seriously thinking about getting like 3 or 4 of the Echo base becasue the set is just so great for the money.

Honestly, I don't see what justifies the $25. :sadnew: Yes, it has a Tauntaun, and 5 figs, but only 155 pcs. And none of the figs are new. Besides, if the upcoming BPs really are Hoth, they will have a much better value than this set.

What is the one thing you guys think I must leave with, I'm a collector and a set purist, so I keep my sets together, which is the must have set right now?

For OT, I'd say Endor. As for CW, it kinda depends on what you already got, and what you are interested in, but the Snail Tank is a neat little set.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Was going to mention my Target had restocked the Republic Fighter Tank, but I'm glad someone already found out about that. They had maybe 8 or 10 left, but I didn't pick one up. They also had most of the new wave, didn't look long enough to see exactly what they had since I was in a hurry.

As mentioned here, the Fighter Tank is now available again on S@H too. Also, the Midi-scale MF and the Pirate Tank are now available for the US as well. :classic:

Honestly, I don't see what justifies the $25. :sadnew: Yes, it has a Tauntaun, and 5 figs, but only 155 pcs. And none of the figs are new. Besides, if the upcoming BPs really are Hoth, they will have a much better value than this set.

For OT, I'd say Endor. As for CW, it kinda depends on what you already got, and what you are interested in, but the Snail Tank is a neat little set.

I agree, Endor is the next set I'm looking to get. I also think it's a much better value than four Echo Bases (unless you're a really big fan of Hoth and/or Tauntauns). :classic:

Yes, they should still be available. But at this point, who knows how many are still around? All the numbers seem to be different than what was originally stated by TLG.

Ive been looking on the lego S@H website for a few weeks just wanting for the tantive IV release date and Ive noticed that it keeps getting pushed back (well on the New Zealand S@H anyway). As of late is been change from the 12th to the 14th, it makes a difference for me even if its just two days :cry_sad: ! The same thing happened with the chrome stormtrooper aswell then it disappeared then was available again. Does anyone know why they keep pushing it back?

In the US, as far as I know, release date on the Tantive IV is September 4th. No clue on New Zealand though, but I will ask around for ya!

Hi i have a question to all you star wars lego fans. Im going to disney world in november cause im playing for my school band at tomorrowland and im flipping excited and im going to the lego store, i just got my b day money and one of the things i want is the chrome stormtrooper. Will it still be around in november?

Well, it's only available in Lego stores, but I don't know if it's limited edition. I just got back from Disney World Saturday, and when I was at the lego store Monday, they seemed to have a bunch of those little guys. I doubt kids are really interested in them, they would rather have the sets, so I would assume that they will still be in stock in November, because they're just not a popular buy. I personally think that they'll be there 'till Christmas, and then Lego will discontinue them. So really, I don't think anybody except people working for Lego will even have a true idea of when they will be gone.