Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

GoH 11: The herbalist’s cart

Until then I hadn't been very inspired by the theme of this contest, and I also wanted to save as many of my bricks as possible for the Brickscalibur contest.
Finally, on Sunday, just as I'd got used to the idea of not taking part, I got an inspiration that I hope you'll like.
The Avalonia colors are obvious and the theme is respected without having to build something huge!

Here's my herbalist's cart!

The herbalist’s cart

The herbalist’s cart

The herbalist’s cart

The herbalist’s cart

The herbalist’s cart

The herbalist’s cart

Sylfaerd Gilric, a discreet man, lives peacefully in the village of Marginea, nestled in the heart of Avalonia.

An accomplished herbalist, he spends half his time exploring the depths of the enchanted forest, in search of plants with healing properties.

The other half of the year, he works as a traveling merchant, criss-crossing the kingdom to offer the fruits of his labor to the inhabitants. Among his loyal customers is Dovhakiin, the mage of the dragon clan, who particularly appreciates the natural remedies concocted by Sylfaerd.

However, the herbalist's success is not without danger. Some zealous soldiers are looking for a rare plant: dragon's grass. Reputed to inhibit fear and once used on the battlefield, it has been banned throughout the kingdom after causing numerous deaths. If they were to find even a tiny quantity of it in the cart, Sylfaerd would be in serious trouble especially as the few leaves he hide in a bag of herbal tea are destined for Queen Alienora herself.

Sylfaerd finds himself juggling his passion for plants with the dangers of his trade. His discretion and prudence will be his best allies in protecting his secrets and continuing to make a living from his passion.

Edited by Sympatik Brick

I like the design of the cart and colors used work well together.  The gold accents are nice.  The base has some nice rock work and landscaping.  

Thank you. It's not very difficult and actually quite quick to make bases like this. I needed to find something to highlight the charette and accentuate the Avalonia colors!

Nice little build, I particularly like the use of the curved panel piece and the dragon heads on the shafts :thumbup:

Nice build! I like how you used special curved parts for the wagon - and even some with stickers on it. Good job!

Nice little build! Showing both the 'selling' and the 'travelling' phase is an excellent idea. 

Hope the old man bought nice some herbs :D

On 2/6/2024 at 6:52 PM, Gideon said:

Nice little build, I particularly like the use of the curved panel piece and the dragon heads on the shafts :thumbup:

Thank you! 

On 2/6/2024 at 8:34 PM, Simon_S said:

Nice build! I like how you used special curved parts for the wagon - and even some with stickers on it. Good job!

Thank you! This Ninjago sand Green dragon is really usefull… I think he is dispatched in all my Avalonian Mocs! 😂

On 2/8/2024 at 12:10 AM, Puvel said:

Nice little build! Showing both the 'selling' and the 'travelling' phase is an excellent idea. 

Hope the old man bought nice some herbs :D

Thank you. He’s actually displayed on this « travelling » phase but I guess I will choose the « selling » phase for exhibitions !

Edited by Sympatik Brick

Great build!  Love how you have packed so many details into a small build like that.  The round windows on the back of the wagon, the opening awning, the use of those new pagoda style roof corners, and all the decorative corners from the slopes plus the gold accents are really oustanding.  I particularly like the dragons heads on the custom horse harness! :wub:  I love the idea of the herbalist selling normal plants, and even though he's not a black market dealer, he still has some rare herbs he can sell to nobility under the table, due to the fact that he's an expert in herbology.  Very clever.  The irregular base is nice too, and it's nice to see a thicker base like you have.  Those pink flowers really go well with the olive leaves, and I think you chose well in contrasting them with the dark green plant next to it (and not trying to add another color of flower on the dark green stems was good!).  Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you very much Grover for your comment! I am delighted that you appreciated my build. I took great pleasure in adding all the details you mentioned, and I am happy that you noticed them. I am always looking for ways to improve my builds, and your feedback will be very helpful to me. I will continue to work hard to create even more beautiful and detailed builds in the future!